Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 08:02 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer

spoken like a buncha deprived, married men. well, who am i to talk, i finally understand what they're talking about in the directions when they say, " in/out, repeat if necessary". the "if necessary" is definitely for the 10yr + married guys. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
I have been married 26 yrs last june.

Old 08-10-2005, 08:03 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

ya, but MD, you can only buy a new house every so often!! actually, this is all too hilarious. when we bought our current home 8 yr/ago, wife made these outlandish promises as to the kinda **** treatment i was supposedly gonna get. so now we're looking at new pad, i asked her what kinda lies she was gonna promise me this time. she said she knows better now. (i guess, so, she never delivered on the first batch of promises).
Been there, heard that.

Old 08-10-2005, 12:14 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
THis is just stupid.
Had to pay(well not me) 3.30 a gallon for diesel since there was NO deisel in town this weekend. We had to go the next town over.
Finnaly one of hte stations has it again today and is at 2.95.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
The terminal in Fresno ran out of diesel last week, I think on Thursday. Chevron had a fire at a refinery down in SoCal somewhere....when don't they? That's why diesel is so flippin expensive here lately. Even the Beacon & ARCO stations are well over $3.00. About $3.20-3.30. And people thought that Biodiesel wasn't economically viable. HAH! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-10-2005, 12:16 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: ThrashAndCrashUntilItsTrash
HOLY COW............I dont see how the trucking people stay in busness...that is nearly $450 each fillup!!!!!
You haven't seen a freight bill lately have you? It's called a fuel surcharge. Everyone pays it. It just trickles its way down. I think the last freight bill we had was a 20% fuel surcharge.

Old 08-10-2005, 12:18 PM
Air Cooled Rider

We have owner-operators parking there trucks and selling them here, and it is only $2.30 (or close...changes by the hour it seams!)
Actually it changes based on the futures market.

I work for an electrical contractor and when we place a big order for wire, our supplier calls their supplier to place the order, or get a price, and it's good for 24hrs only. They base their price on what the current copper price is. (Or Aluminum).

Old 08-10-2005, 12:22 PM
Air Cooled Rider

do you mean counting, or measuring? seems to me i prolly told the first lie when i re-defined 12" on the tape measure!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Broke out the metric tape measure and told her it was the Imperial tape?

Old 08-10-2005, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider

isn't it amazing that a oil refinery can have some mishap and the very next day prices rocket upward[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] even though they have millions in reserves and waiting offshore to be processed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Funny thing down here. Oil refined in Long Beach which is about 1 1/2 hours away and there is a pipeline that brings the oil down to SD. The prices are about 25-30 cents more down here. Studies have found that the increase in price should be only 2 cents more due to the cost of the pipeline. You can drive 2-3 hours away to the middle of nowhere that get the oil from the the same place in Long Beach and the price will be 50 cents cheaper. Go figure.........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] That's the stuff that ticks me off big time. It's a big joke supply and demand always applies[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 08-10-2005, 12:23 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: mywifesquad

spoken like a buncha deprived, married men. well, who am i to talk, i finally understand what they're talking about in the directions when they say, " in/out, repeat if necessary". the "if necessary" is definitely for the 10yr + married guys. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
I have been married 26 yrs last june.
My condolences. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-10-2005, 12:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
HOLY COW............I dont see how the trucking people stay in busness...that is nearly $450 each fillup!!!!!
You haven't seen a freight bill lately have you? It's called a fuel surcharge. Everyone pays it. It just trickles its way down. I think the last freight bill we had was a 20% fuel surcharge.
20% YIKES! , and no I work on the other end of the industry so I dont see what the shipping is doing. (diesel mechanic)

Old 08-10-2005, 12:30 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: Trasher
isn't it amazing that a oil refinery can have some mishap and the very next day prices rocket upward[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] even though they have millions in reserves and waiting offshore to be processed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Funny thing down here. Oil refined in Long Beach which is about 1 1/2 hours away and there is a pipeline that bring the oil down to SD. The prices are about 25-30 cents more down here. You can drive 2-3 hours away to the middle of nowhere that get the oil from the the same place in Long Beach and the price will be 50 cents cheaper. Go figure.........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] That's the stuff that ticks me off big time. It's a big joke supply and demand always applies[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
Has to do with supply and demand, and as they say in Real Estate, location, location, location. If you're in an area that's more affluent, prices will be higher because 1) the market will bear it 2) the stations costs could be higher (real estate prices). I know in North Fresno the stations are at least 10 cents more a gallon it seams. There's a couple of 76 stations....WOW.

The market will react to the downed refinery by raising prices as they view there could be a long term outtage and supplies could get thinner. Though right now our diesel inventory is actually up over 1 million gallons.

I wonder what kind of impact truckers throttling back from 62 to 55 would have in California? Less tickets issued for speeding (and probably other violations that get picked up at the same time), less fuel tax received, less sales tax received, etc.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel