Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: rescuediver
I forgot about the break in period. Is it no more then 10 miles without the gears cooling down or someting like that? For like 300 miles[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Naw. He just told me to go easy and no towing for the first 500-1000 miles. And change the oil after the first 500 miles but before 1000 miles.
I just got back in from connecting the locker to the air compressor. Everything works. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-07-2005, 03:37 PM
Royalty Rider

Congrats!! Im jealous [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-07-2005, 11:28 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Well I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Had a good time. Didn't ride much, maybe an hour. Ended up camping next to my other friends so I was walking between camps. The Cherokee that broke down made it over after they walked a bit and got coolant. Now here's the kicker (pun intended) the guy then ended up losing his kickstarter out on the beach somewhere riding around. $57 for a used Blaster kickstarter. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] They got to the beach about 1am I guess. Left Fresno at 7:30. So that's like 5.5 hrs. Normally it takes about 2.5-3 depending on traffic and if you're going slow towing.

Well, back to the Ford side of topics. I ended up getting 19.2MPG round trip. Been wanting to round trip it in the truck to see how that would go. I guess those 3.55s are at least good for something. Though now I've got a pretty good vibration when breaking from highway speed. Talked to a service manager I ride with and he said it's a problem and "We can fix that." Whew.

And I flipping SWEAR! People need to leave gaps along the water line so people can get to the back. You go 100 yards off the water and it was empty! ack!

Some guy about tore up a 6.0PSD towing in a Class C. Started steaming like a **** (or maybe it was smoke, but it didn't stink...) Then he gets the bright idea to loosen the overflow (or some kind of coolant cap...driver side of the motor about halfway between the front and rear of the engine bay...got a good jet of steam for 10 second and the cap launched off there. (Someone did end up pulling the Class backwards to the water line and them hooked up to the front and they went for a wild coaster ride at about 30 MPH! it was a 7.3 PSD 350DRW)

We were right next to Pole 6...seen several people getting air on the whoops...including me...in our trucks & cars. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Also found out I can't drive a stick for ****. Little Kia WTF mini-JEEP thing. Of course the fact the front wasn't working right and it was running in 2H only. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-07-2005, 11:48 PM
Quad Patrol

LOL! about the blaster kickstarterLOL! Nice wording[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Sounds like the 6.0 blew a coolant hose and leaked it on it's exhaust/manifold. See if Karen shows up and makes a comment aobut using her Chebby[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

You are right about people being to close to the water line. I think it has to do with too many new comers and they don't know or care to be courteous.

Those whoops do me in[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-08-2005, 01:14 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

The entire backsaide of the exclosure was whooped out. That's like what...1/2 mile long? Uggg. That just killed me...we started out that way heading to the flats. My buddy told me to take his DS 650, hit 4th and pin it. LOL. I wanted to, but was so tired or hanging with the other group. Oh well. They'll be other times. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Oh yeah, had to inform my buddy who I caravanned over with...towing a trailer...stay out of the #1 lane going down the grade. Least he stayed over on the way home. Unless he was passing.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-08-2005, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: dancingqueen
Congrats!! Im jealous [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Thanks. Its a HUGE change. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-08-2005, 01:45 AM
Quad Patrol

Skinner, I try to avoid that area. That is waaaayyyyyyy to much for me. If I pinned it, you would see me flying off the bike about 100 yards into it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

That was a could piece of advice you gave him[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-08-2005, 01:48 AM
Quad Patrol

Confused must of went riding this weekend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Or, someone paid cash for his pad and he is moving out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-08-2005, 02:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Confused must of went riding this weekend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Or, someone paid cash for his pad and he is moving out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
wish both were true... but neither happened. spent friday and saturday installing my stablelift, see if my link works Text

Old 08-08-2005, 02:26 AM
Quad Patrol

Linked worked[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

That's sweet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] Sure will make disconnecting the camper a lot quicker[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel