Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 02:47 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Sounds cool[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] I love seeing new areas of the high country[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

When, I make it up there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I'll make sure we bring my brother's red jeep. It crawls all by itself[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] It is geared so low. I think the noise LJ is hearing is the air lockers working. My brother has them and he was told not to be surprised[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] by the noise they make[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

My other brother's jeep (green one in pictures) is stock gearing. And the only way he knows how to drive is FAST[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Takes some of the fun out of 4wheeling[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-14-2005, 02:48 AM
Quad Patrol

That's to bad DQ didn't show[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Maybe next time for her too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-14-2005, 02:54 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Did you take DQ home and then go to Dairy Queen for dinner[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
LMFAO. No. Plus...even if I did, I'd never say. A gentleman never talks. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But then again, nobody ever accused me of being one. LOL

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-14-2005, 03:02 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Did you take DQ home and then go to Dairy Queen for dinner[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
LMFAO. No. Plus...even if I did, I'd never say. A gentleman never talks. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But then again, nobody ever accused me of being one. LOL
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I just read what I wrote[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] and am soooo embarrassed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] and ashamed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I didn't mean it, the way it was typed out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-14-2005, 03:02 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Sounds cool[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] I love seeing new areas of the high country[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

When, I make it up there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I'll make sure we bring my brother's red jeep. It crawls all by itself[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] It is geared so low. I think the noise LJ is hearing is the air lockers working. My brother has them and he was told not to be surprised[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] by the noise they make[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

My other brother's jeep (green one in pictures) is stock gearing. And the only way he knows how to drive is FAST[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Takes some of the fun out of 4wheeling[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
This was just general clunking noises from time to time. Maybe stuff shifting around. Could have been the sway bar...sometimes it was...SOMEONE didn't put the holders on to hold it when it was disconnected... One bungee cord, some zip ties...didn't make it. LOL The second time we bungeed it, it stayed.

The locker wasn't making any noise. Couldn't here it engage. But you could here it release the air to disengage.

Those 4.56s are pretty low. Had to give it gas to actually keep the Jeep from stopping 4Lo-1st. It was idling up some pretty good stuff. We did go up a section a bit quick at one point...in 4Lo-2nd. That was interesting.

I got some video of this cloud forming out in the back country of Yosemite. It started heading our way, then some thunder...we decided the better part of valour was to get our @sses out of Dodge and off the mountain. LOL

Old 08-14-2005, 03:07 AM
Quad Patrol

This was just general clunking noises from time to time. Maybe stuff shifting around. Could have been the sway bar...sometimes it was...SOMEONE didn't put the holders on to hold it when it was disconnected... One bungee cord, some zip ties...didn't make it. LOL The second time we bungeed it, it stayed.

The locker wasn't making any noise. Couldn't here it engage. But you could here it release the air to disengage.

Those 4.56s are pretty low. Had to give it gas to actually keep the Jeep from stopping 4Lo-1st. It was idling up some pretty good stuff. We did go up a section a bit quick at one point...in 4Lo-2nd. That was interesting.

I got some video of this cloud forming out in the back country of Yosemite. It started heading our way, then some thunder...we decided the better part of valour was to get our @sses out of Dodge and off the mountain. LOL
Thats' why they tell you to bring double of everything when headed out in the back country 4 wheeling. Never know what your going to need. Bailing wire is really helpful in the situation you guys were in. Glad it worked out with the bungee cord[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

And I wouldn't know who you are referring to in the "SOMEONE"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Smart thinking[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] on getting out of dodge[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Storms like that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] you don't want to push your luck and get caught in the middle of. That's when people get stranded and need to be rescued.

Hoping to meet up with you guys and see some of that area[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-14-2005, 04:22 PM
Pro Rider

Good afternoon FBK! Hope your Sunday is going well. Enjoy!

Old 08-14-2005, 04:29 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Mine is doing pretty good Hoss. We're looking at ONLY 97 today. WOOHOO! LOL. Not quite as nice as the 70s yesterday in the high country, but I'll take it.

Made a little money for an hours worth of work. It's amazing what you can get in a storage unit. I think we left there and there was more floor space after adding a couch and a desk. lol.

Going to go see a movie now. Couple good ones came out this week.

Old 08-14-2005, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider

Last night I took the kiddies to Fab 4 or WTH it's called. Not too bad for a comic book spin-off. I want to see the one with the Bataan death march POW escape.

Old 08-14-2005, 09:01 PM
Elite Pro Rider

This is the older more mature version of the spin zone.
i promise i'll stay out of it then[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

well maybe, if i'm ever up at 8ish in the morning again i'll see if i can find some time to post[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel