Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 08:15 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Believe it or not it's overcast and sprinkling from time to time. 72F 64%. Office was 84F when I walked in this AM.

Other then that, pretty darn good.
Yep same weather up here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Almost feels like October[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-15-2005, 08:19 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Whitewater
Don't let her fool ya...she might break a nail.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Sounds like Hoss is a little irascible[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-15-2005, 11:38 PM
Quad Patrol

Back to the topic that this great thread was started for[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] the 7.3 PSD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

This morning I went out to start my truck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and it wouldn't turn over[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] there was hissing, chimming and clicking going on[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Check the red/green idiot eyes on the batteries. The passenger battery was red[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] the left green[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. Hooked the battery charger up to it and was able to get it started. Took it to the local Ford dealer, they checked the electrical system. Right battery had zero, notta, zilch CCA's[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and the left had 410 CCA's[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] They didn't charge me for the test or their services to exchange the batteries[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Got 2 new batteries for $200. Both have a 4 year unlimited replacement warranty[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I was happy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

My window is also working better too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-16-2005, 12:16 AM
Quad Patrol

It's been raining for 2+ hours[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] If we weren't moving this weekend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It would be nice to take advantage of this unusual weather[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] we are having[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-16-2005, 12:33 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Well that suck that the batteries went, but they are fixed so it's good now.

Maybe the rain will stop...though a nice little rain up until the weekend just might change my weekend plans. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-16-2005, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider

YYYAAAAAAYYY!!!

Got to drive home in the rain. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

With no top or doors.
But somehow i managed to stay dry [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-16-2005, 01:36 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Well that suck that the batteries went, but they are fixed so it's good now.

Maybe the rain will stop...though a nice little rain up until the weekend just might change my weekend plans. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
All in all, I wasn't really stranded[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Used the wife's car while the battery charged enough to start the truck. Can't complain, the batteries were the originals with 103,800 miles on them. And I would estimate, they turned over the PSD 10+ times a day[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-16-2005, 01:37 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
YYYAAAAAAYYY!!!

Got to drive home in the rain. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

With no top or doors.
But somehow i managed to stay dry [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

LOL! Must of been the speed in which you were traveling[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] the rain wasn't fast enough to touch you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

LOL!

Old 08-16-2005, 03:57 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: rescuediver
All in all, I wasn't really stranded[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Used the wife's car while the battery charged enough to start the truck. Can't complain, the batteries were the originals with 103,800 miles on them. And I would estimate, they turned over the PSD 10+ times a day[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
I'd say that's not too bad.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-16-2005, 08:13 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
YYYAAAAAAYYY!!!

With no top or doors.
How much rain PS01? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel