Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 04:47 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Skinner...you still up?

Old 10-25-2007, 04:53 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Trasher

They haven't even discussed the cause of these fires yet since they are still out of control. It will be VERY interesting to see what they find out. The last big fire we had about a month ago was caused by a illegal camp fire but they have a habit of trying to cover that type of news up down here[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]</end quote></div>

Terrorists!!! The Japs bombed the North West in WWII, in hopes of creating a firestorm that would divert our attention.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: powerstroke01

Yo.

</end quote></div>

How is the rear diff set up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] It looks like the bed is lower than the center on the axles</end quote></div>

Front wheel drive. I saw a truck a few years ago that a local dealer had on a tv show that was hydraulic in the back. Had no rear axle and was front wheel drive.</end quote></div>

DING DING DING! We have WIENER!11!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Ford's Super Duty trucks are some of the meanest-looking rides on offer from anyone. Big in power and stature, and dripping with machismo, it should come as no surprise that SEMA will showcase a trio of them built out to varying degrees of Truckzillaness. The Shaker 4x450 by X-Treme Toyz is lifted ten inches, accessible via a motorized step, deco'd with custom graphics, accessorized to the hilt and sports a modified 6.4L Powerstroke diesel. It rolls on 40" Toyos and frightens animals smaller than a polar bear. The Project "Power Storm" F-350 by Fabtech is also lifted 10 inches, rolls on 40-inch tires, and sports a laundry list of sccessories and custom elements of its own. Finally, DeBerti is bringing a low-riding F-450 (see above) optimized for motorcycle-hauling. A Dallas Smith Axleless Lo-Floor front-wheel-drive chassis conversion puts the bed floor close to the ground, making it a snap to roll your hog on and off with ease. Big, black, and low, the DeBerti looks like it's going to be one of our favorites already. For full vehicle descriptions, check out the attached photo gallery, where they accompany the pics.</end quote></div>

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/1...bout-fords-super-duty/

Old 10-25-2007, 12:45 PM
Pro Rider

I figured it was FWD with some sort of swingarm on each side. If that's the case it must be running in 4wd mode and it's not made for that for long periods of time. The load rating must be a joke also. What a waste of time and money[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2007, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rescuediver

No one in the family has heard from my cousin who lives in San Diego. Hopefully everything is ok with him and his wife.</end quote></div>

Where exactly does he live? Do you know the town or area. Kinda funny to me when people say they live in SD, it's like saying I live in LA. Both are pretty broad areas.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2007, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider

Kind of a wild couple days down here in San Diego. I had to leave the house due to the fires being just over the hill from me. Moved into a friends parents house with 3 other families. Dogs, cats, turtles, guinea pigs, birds and everybody all under one roof[IMG][/IMG]

Drove back into the hood and we still look OK but with the way the fire has been moving it makes it very uncomfortable. I have some friends that lost it all[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Boss' son's place in Rancho Bernardo so far has made it through. A block north 50-100 houses gone.</end quote></div>

A friend of mine has one of those houses that are standing almost untouched and every other home is leveled. He has such guilt from being saved. It's hard to discribe[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] We plan on going there after the hood is fully opened and set up a neighborhood center to help thoise that lost everything. I info and supply center with food, etc. right at his home

Old 10-25-2007, 05:26 PM
Quad Patrol

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Whitewater

Skinner...you still up?</end quote></div>

Looks who's talking about up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] and on the forums on top of that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Junior keeping you up tonight[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2007, 05:29 PM
Quad Patrol

I figured it was FWD with some sort of swingarm on each side. If that's the case it must be running in 4wd mode and it's not made for that for long periods of time. The load rating must be a joke also. What a waste of time and money[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

I totally agree Creator, what a waste[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

However, you know coming to a low-rider near you (us) it could very well be down our street. I'd thought I'd never see 20+ inch wheels or spinners on a PSD and I am seeing more and more[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] (Icouldalmostpukefrown)

Old 10-25-2007, 05:33 PM
Quad Patrol

Where exactly does he live? Do you know the town or area. Kinda funny to me when people say they live in SD, it's like saying I live in LA. Both are pretty broad areas.[img][/img]</end quote></div>

I really don't know, haven't talk to him in a few years. Which is sad, we were close at one time. However he devorced his sweet wife (to us at least[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]) and his current wife is of a different kind[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Anyways, I know he worked at Qualcom Park and lived close to Old Town San Diego. We met for lunch at a place he frequented when I was down there on some training.

Old 10-25-2007, 05:34 PM
Quad Patrol

Kind of a wild couple days down here in San Diego. I had to leave the house due to the fires being just over the hill from me. Moved into a friends parents house with 3 other families. Dogs, cats, turtles, guinea pigs, birds and everybody all under one roof[IMG][/IMG]

Drove back into the hood and we still look OK but with the way the fire has been moving it makes it very uncomfortable. I have some friends that lost it all[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Boss' son's place in Rancho Bernardo so far has made it through. A block north 50-100 houses gone.</end quote></div>

A friend of mine has one of those houses that are standing almost untouched and every other home is leveled. He has such guilt from being saved. It's hard to discribe[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif" border="0[/IMG] We plan on going there after the hood is fully opened and set up a neighborhood center to help thoise that lost everything. I info and supply center with food, etc. right at his home</end quote></div>

Isn't that amazing how everything around some homes are gone and one is standing in like nothing happened.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel