Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 03:56 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Yeah, that's seems kinda funny. But strang stuff happens.

There's one road here that's insane. Completely straight. 50MPH speed limit. It's a designated, oh WTF, I can't think of the name. They get Fed money for it, because it's limited to access every 1/2 mile via lights. Expressway. The block wall on the south side has too many car size patches to count. The PD has no idea WhyTF there are so many single vehicle accidents. Neighbor's daughter went @ss end into the wall. She was rear-ended a day or two before at school (high-school). He thinks maybe something tweaked or broke and finally completely failed while she was driving. She wasn't speeding. Road was clear and dry. It just spun all of the sudden.
I've been to plenty of accidents that JUST happen[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]No rhime or reason. However, it usually goes back to driver error. A little to much speed, inattentiveness, playing with radio, purse, reading something, yelling at kids/wife[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] or just being tired on a lonely stretch of concrete or asphalt. Little things add up in a hurry[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Out on I-5, where it runs through our county, I was doing a fatality about every 10 days[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]We've just had 3 separate accidents, all fatals, in the span of 3-4 days out there. It's the same roadway MWQ drives to work. So, MWQ, be careful[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

It's in the middle of nowhere, pretty much straight as an arrow, other then slight elevation changes. Main reason I think is, people get tired from driving and fail to see the signs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and want to get where they are going without all the stops. I am one of them drivers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Here lately though, I do stop more often and on occassion, I let the wife drive[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-24-2005, 03:57 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
Originally posted by: rescuediver
On a sad note[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Did watch a friend bury his 17 year old daughter[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] She tried passing a F250 on the right, clipped his front bumper, lost control, shot over into the south bound lane and met her demise by the bumper of another F250[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] What was worse is, dad drove up on the wreck while the rescue crew was still getting her out of the car. Very sad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
one of the guys i golfed with on the weekend lost his ONLY son/child to an mva, just after HS Grad. sometimes there is no fairness in life.[/quote]

It is one of those things we cannot control[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Yes, it is hard to see the fairness in it.

Old 08-24-2005, 03:58 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
ya but LJ, you're closer in age and not really a perverted old felcher like those other 2 i mentioned. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Gotta point there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Which one of you two would be the first to let him anywhere near your daughters though? LOL j/k (If they were "of age.")
HHHHHMMMMMMMMM, the weapon of choice would be[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]LOL!
HEYYY i didnt read back but I better not be one of those Two.
you must be talkin about B&RW & hoss cuz you would gladly give your daughter to OFC [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LMAO
LOL! Yea right[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] You know your the first one on that list[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

LMAO!

Old 08-24-2005, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya but LJ, you're closer in age and not really a perverted old felcher like those other 2 i mentioned. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Gotta point there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Which one of you two would be the first to let him anywhere near your daughters though? LOL j/k (If they were "of age.")
HHHHHMMMMMMMMM, the weapon of choice would be[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]LOL!
HEYYY i didnt read back but I better not be one of those Two.
you must be talkin about B&RW & hoss cuz you would gladly give your daughter to OFC [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LMAO
HEY, we have a WINNER!!

Old 08-24-2005, 04:06 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

HEY, we have a WINNER!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] a wiener you mean [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-24-2005, 04:23 PM
Quad Patrol

HEY, we have a WINNER!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] a wiener you mean [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
And once again[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Festus steps up to the plate and shows why he is number one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]LOL!

Old 08-24-2005, 05:03 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

And once again[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Festus steps up to the plate and shows why he is number one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]LOL!
I am number one!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Monday i had a 19yr old Alley cat all over me. then she says she's a virgin [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Man why did she have to go and ruin a good thing in progress [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-24-2005, 05:28 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

My oldest has decided to wait a few weeks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] before she starts driving[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Hmm....I've noticed a little extra cheer in your posts. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] j/k

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-24-2005, 05:32 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Out on I-5, where it runs through our county, I was doing a fatality about every 10 days[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]We've just had 3 separate accidents, all fatals, in the span of 3-4 days out there. It's the same roadway MWQ drives to work. So, MWQ, be careful[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

It's in the middle of nowhere, pretty much straight as an arrow, other then slight elevation changes. Main reason I think is, people get tired from driving and fail to see the signs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and want to get where they are going without all the stops. I am one of them drivers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Here lately though, I do stop more often and on occassion, I let the wife drive[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Yeah, I'm a little familiar with that wasteland over there. LOL. Man, how people can drive that road from Bakersfield to Sac, I don't know.

I've only driven 5 from Nees (Fresno County) to the 580 (and 580 to 80). And 120 to 80 up in Sac (not too bad as there's actually some stuff out there to look at...kinda). But yeah, 5 is a friggin wasteland.

Heading up to a jobsite east of Livingston tomorrow. Least that's on 99, but then again, there's like 5x the traffic on 99. And the rigs don't run 70+ over here.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-24-2005, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider

I bet it is driving you crazy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Is the house your interested in[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] still on available? We're slowing but shirley[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Making headway in our new house[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

What did you go with on the airbags? Did you get an on-board compressor too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

glad to hear the moves have worked out for you and Hoss. now i wish our deal would be done, so then we can work on creator to sell next and move next to a golf course somewhere!!i.

was looking at homes on a course just yesterday[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] just looking...................

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel