Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 09:21 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Those are interesting trailers. Sure make it easy loading[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] We don't have one of those[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Yet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL!
Yeah they are. Except our's leaks hydraulic fluid, especially from the left side ram. Don't know why....

Tell ya one thing, man, no more weight then that. Not sure what my mileage was. Was going to fill up after work to see what it was, but I'm probably going to Kettleman tomorrow. I'm guessing, I probably got about 15+ MPG on the way back. Once I got going, it was ok. But trying to accelerate? WOW. The 4.6 showed how much ***** it DOESN'T have. I started manually shifting instead of dropping the hammer to the floor. I think I was 5-6K towing (6500 is the "max tow cap." if you believe Ford.) Yeah, I should weigh to see where I am empty. I'll do that one of these days. Back end squated about 1-7/8" with the trailer. So not much.

It's funny, everyone else has problem towing that trailer (even empty). I think it's because they don't know how to load it. Had the scissor lift's midpoint about 6-8" forward of the midpoint between the axles. Scissor lift was 3,000lbs according to UpRight. I think the trailer is about 2000-2500lbs.

Oh, and I get to go back because I forgot the supervisor wanted the controls wired differently because people are complete idiots.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-25-2005, 09:25 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
so whadya mean by "crash"?
Like you crash a party. She wasn't enrolled in the class, wanted to add it. You hope people no-show and the instructor drops them. This is what happens at the Community Colleges here on the first week. Miss a class w/o calling the instructor and you're SOL. Buh bye!

sorry to hear about the extra driving,
It's only bad because of the gas. The drive really isn't that bad, until Dec. & Jan when the fog hits. Might as well try to drive with a white pillow case over your head.

but it'll sure be nice to complete your BA. it'll all be worth it when you're done.
I wanna get mine. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-25-2005, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote]
Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

Like you crash a party. She wasn't enrolled in the class, wanted to add it. You hope people no-show and the instructor drops them. This is what happens at the Community Colleges here on the first week. Miss a class w/o calling the instructor and you're SOL. Buh bye!

[quote]

THANKS!! Kinda like bumping someone.

[quote]
It's only bad because of the gas. The drive really isn't that bad, until Dec. & Jan when the fog hits. Might as well try to drive with a white pillow case over your head.[quote]

i hope there's no burning cross with that white pillow case....I think that's more like sompin' you'd see in UTAH!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 08-25-2005, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Trasher

The Mighty who? Are you sure you don't have brain freeze from living up in the great white north[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Yes, I've got the bug, that's fer sure. Haven't bought any of those fancy gadgets yet. They seems to work pretty good at taking yer money but can they help your game
actually, i've got hoss-itis; a delusional state where you perceive greatness in yourself. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

you pegged those gadgets....."only 4 equal payments of $99"... expensive and USELESS. if ya really wanna improve, go take some lessons or really practice the chipping and putting cuz that's where 2/3 of the strokes come from. and you can do that in your back yard, cost is FREE.

MY son just got a job at a local high dollar golf course. Buck seventy five per round[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
He gets free rounds of golf, driving range, and lessons. Oh yea, family plays for free too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I finally found out why I raised the kids[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-25-2005, 11:35 PM
Air Cooled Rider

i hope there's no burning cross with that white pillow case....I think that's more like sompin' you'd see in UTAH!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
(Remember to / to close the tag...)

Anyways...

Actually, if you burn crosses, the San Joaquin Unified Air Pollution Control District will fine you for burning w/o a permit. LOL Seriously. And that's if it's on YOUR property. (They will also if it's NOT on your property as well. It's not a speech issue for them...it's a pollution issue.)

Old 08-26-2005, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MY son just got a job at a local high dollar golf course. Buck seventy five per round[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
He gets free rounds of golf, driving range, and lessons. Oh yea, family plays for free too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I finally found out why I raised the kids[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
you obviously did a stellar job dad. and the threat to boot him out of the house if he didn't land that job probably helped a lot!man, i'm greener than the GC with envy.

Old 08-26-2005, 02:33 AM
Quad Patrol

best money spent is just playing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
That's where all the fun is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Practice is ok, but nothing like leaving a bunch of divits on the green[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I figure, my green fees cover about 10% of what I leave behind[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-26-2005, 02:34 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

It's funny, everyone else has problem towing that trailer (even empty). I think it's because they don't know how to load it. Had the scissor lift's midpoint about 6-8" forward of the midpoint between the axles. Scissor lift was 3,000lbs according to UpRight. I think the trailer is about 2000-2500lbs.

Oh, and I get to go back because I forgot the supervisor wanted the controls wired differently because people are complete idiots.

A properly loaded trailer says alot on how it tows[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

In my old profession[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] We called that job security[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-26-2005, 02:35 AM
Pro Rider

the bummer is I have to purchase a Bentley or Rolls just to drive into the place. It has a max of only 400 members and it's pretty high pollutin

Old 08-26-2005, 02:35 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarriorbut it'll sure be nice to complete your BA. it'll all be worth it when you're done.
I wanna get mine. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][/quote]

So do I[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I just enrolled in the local junior college[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I am on my way up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel