Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 03:31 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
MD, we can golf and waterski and go salmon fishing, then drive to WHistler and go skiing , all in the same day, for several months of the year.
It's possible. But a wet suit might be in order. Though I'm not sure when the salmon run is.

I'm pretty much 3 hrs from anywhere I want to go. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 10-15-2005, 04:22 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Where I live is in the Heart of the San Joaquin Valley[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I can see the Sierra to the east and the Diable Range to the west[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Can be in the Sierra's in about 30 mins from my house[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Foothills start in the east side of our county. We get snow about every 7 years or so. There is one peak (west side of our county) called Mike's Peak in the Diable Range, it's about 3,300'. Been in that area when it was 70 degrees in the valley and snowing on the top of Mike's Peak[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Talk about a day with strange weather[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

MD, we can golf and waterski and go salmon fishing, then drive to WHistler and go skiing , all in the same day, for several months of the year.
We can do the samething here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Go to Don Pedro reservoir, fish for salmon, trout bass, then water ski at the course they have set up.When your done there, drive about 1 hour to Dodge Ridge and then hit the bunny hills[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Actually, they have good size mountains there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Oh yea, forgot to mention you can hit a couple golf courses in between all this, too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-15-2005, 04:24 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

Now if we could only convince people that Cali is the pits. Sucks. Maybe they'll stop moving here, and prices for real estate will drop. Of course, not a chance. One can dream. I tell anyone I meet who complains about Cali that there are several Interstates that exit California. Use one. And don't let the door hit your @ss on the way out.
LOL! Only problem with the ones leaving the state[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] is they are taking their retirement checks with them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] And the people coming to the state are collecting welfare checks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 10-15-2005, 04:27 AM
Quad Patrol

It's possible. But a wet suit might be in order. Though I'm not sure when the salmon run is.

I'm pretty much 3 hrs from anywhere I want to go. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
You can catch salmon up here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Better do it by October 30, then the rivers shut down until Jan 15 (IIRC). I remember growing up and hitting the rivers, The salmon used to be thick in the shallow gravel laying their eggs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Now, they might get a few hundred or so coming up the rivers. It is getting better[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] though.

Old 10-16-2005, 02:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's mainly a thing of not liking the LDS Church. They are pretty synonimous. Interesting article in the current issue of Newsweek that kinda covers some of it.

synonimous with what? sheep f***ers?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-16-2005, 02:31 AM
Pro Rider

ya, wet suit for several of those months, but a few of our lakes warm up by June-Sept. the BIG salmon runs are from about july-Oct, (5 different species, 3 of which are good eating, the other 2 are for canning). there's always sompin to fish for tho. tons of lakes, and many only accessable by quad. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] we were around 70 deg all day today. a bit unseasonably warm.

Old 10-16-2005, 02:36 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver

You can catch salmon up here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Better do it by October 30, then the rivers shut down until Jan 15 (IIRC). I remember growing up and hitting the rivers, The salmon used to be thick in the shallow gravel laying their eggs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Now, they might get a few hundred or so coming up the rivers. It is getting better[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] though.
WTF RU guys doing, catching spawners??OMG!! we'd get heavily penalized by DFO (dept of Fisheries, or if you prefer, Peche Des Oceans). right now its a big run of Chum [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] NOT good eatin compared to sockeye, coho or Spring (Chinook).

Old 10-16-2005, 03:19 AM
Quad Patrol

I think it's mainly a thing of not liking the LDS Church. They are pretty synonimous. Interesting article in the current issue of Newsweek that kinda covers some of it.

synonimous with what? sheep f***ers?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Can you use those two in the same sentence[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] that is with the words LDS

Old 10-16-2005, 03:22 AM
Quad Patrol

ya, wet suit for several of those months, but a few of our lakes warm up by June-Sept. the BIG salmon runs are from about july-Oct, (5 different species, 3 of which are good eating, the other 2 are for canning). there's always sompin to fish for tho. tons of lakes, and many only accessable by quad. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] we were around 70 deg all day today. a bit unseasonably warm.
We were having unseasonably warm weather too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] then, I woke up this morning and it is WET outside[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] We need more[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Hits about 73 or so and then a nice cool wind kicks in at sunset[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Good riding weather.

I wish we had some lakes that were only ATV accessible[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-16-2005, 03:29 AM
Quad Patrol

WTF RU guys doing, catching spawners??OMG!! we'd get heavily penalized by DFO (dept of Fisheries, or if you prefer, Peche Des Oceans). right now its a big run of Chum [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] NOT good eatin compared to sockeye, coho or Spring (Chinook).
NO!!! That's why they close the rivers during that time period[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] SO you don't catch the spawners[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Up to that date, all the ones in the rivers are legal to catch[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] After that, there is no legal fishing in the entire river system from certain points east of the San Joaquin River. This ensures they make it to the spawning grounds.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel