Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 12:02 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: Trasher
Originally posted by: rescuediver
Anyone use tire irons to remove quad tires from the wheel? I am getting tired of spending $20 bcks everytime I need a tire fixed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] ie. the flat from Miami, even though the bead is popped[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Still can't get the tube out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

I purchased a tire machine from Harbor Freight. I use it for ATV, MC and car tires. It works great[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
It gets bolted to the garage floor when needed and put in the shed when not

The tire irons work but it's hard to keep the rim from spinning. Just make sure that you have the other side of the tire that you are working on placed lower in the rim to give you more room to get the tire off
I tried the HF special, ended up bending[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] the iron it came with[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] So, I took it back. I went to a local farmers implement house and talk to them. They sent me over to NAPA Autoparts. Ended up ordering a pair of 16" irons. Hopefully they work. With 6 quads, I figure I am spending way to much on the stealerships changing my tires out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Need to give it another try at doing it myself.

Old 01-08-2006, 12:06 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: nedflanders
oops! what was i thinking to even suggest this forum is a waste of time!! (dang creator! you've passed the emoticon bug to me.I haven't been able to post them for the past several posts).
Haven't had that problem myself, dbeck says it's on your end of the computer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

MD, US is like Canada that way. If they're not playing for gold, they collapse like a cheap tent. we either win gold or silver. if were playing for anything less, we always lose. heart's not in it. In the case of the US boys, they were very tired, and prolly choked about their horrible receptions from the crowds.
I would hope they are tougher than that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I have an old Coats 1010 tire changer. manual unit. another place to try for an atv tire changer, that's smaller, is www.babcosales.com . they carry one for fairly cheap. I changed 2 tires tonite on the Raptor 80. i had 20x7-8 on the front, but they were rubbing the nerf bars, so i went to a 19x7-8, and barely notice any difference (still rubbing!).
That suxs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

congrats on the new job. I have several jobs requiring concrete. we have 2-3 major plants/quarries nearby. I've been told they get jobs cancelled sometimes, OR, come back with extra everyday, that I can arrange to have dumped at my place for a cut rate. thinking I'll form some stuff up and go for it. too bad I won't be able to place and finish it that quick. guess I'll need a bullfloat.
Thanks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Getting concrete that way is sweet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] only down side is, if you were pouring a driveway or walkway, the finished color might not be the same.

Old 01-08-2006, 12:13 AM
Quad Patrol

sold the raptor 80 AND the Breeze today, to the same guy! lookin for a 250 EX, or maybe a LT160. just bought 10 y/o a 250EX and i can see this one lasting quite a few years in terms of size, power, etc.
Sounds like he has 2 youngsters[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I would think the 160 is a great size for a kid his age[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Of course, he might be a little on the "big" side for it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] 250 is a pretty good size for any 10 year old.

Today I went riding with MWQ and his son. The trails were slippery as heck. had to walk my quad down a hill I am going to call the "Widowmaker"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] It was nasty. Myself and 4 m/c's didn't make it up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] MWQ and his son did[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Anyways, I just can't see a small kid man handling a 250 and up quad out of a situation like that. Of course, they can say they would never put themselves in that situation to begin with[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] but, it's not like we felt it would be that way either[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 01-08-2006, 02:16 AM
Pro Rider

Anyone use tire irons to remove quad tires from the wheel? I am getting tired of spending $20 bcks everytime I need a tire fixed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] ie. the flat from Miami, even though the bead is popped[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Still can't get the tube out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

I purchased a tire machine from Harbor Freight. I use it for ATV, MC and car tires. It works great[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
It gets bolted to the garage floor when needed and put in the shed when not

The tire irons work but it's hard to keep the rim from spinning. Just make sure that you have the other side of the tire that you are working on placed lower in the rim to give you more room to get the tire off
I tried the HF special, ended up bending[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] the iron it came with[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] So, I took it back. I went to a local farmers implement house and talk to them. They sent me over to NAPA Autoparts. Ended up ordering a pair of 16" irons. Hopefully they work. With 6 quads, I figure I am spending way to much on the stealerships changing my tires out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Need to give it another try at doing it myself.

I can't ever imagine bending the bar that came with this one. It's probably about 30-36 inches long and over 1 inch round. You didn't bend one like that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

This tire machine is a pretty big one that can handle car tire like the coats that the Confused one uses

Old 01-08-2006, 02:29 AM
Quad Patrol

I can't ever imagine bending the bar that came with this one. It's probably about 30-36 inches long and over 1 inch round. You didn't bend one like that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

This tire machine is a pretty big one that can handle car tire like the coats that the Confused one uses[/quote]

The one I was using was not the size you're talking about. [why doesn't that read right[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]] I went riding today with MWQ, after getting back home and cleaning my quad [3 hours later[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]] It was to late to get the tire irons from NAPA[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Hopefully I can get them tomorrow.

When I cleaned my quad, I must of removed 50 lbs of Carnegie mud from it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Next time, I will use the rinse rack at the park.

Old 01-08-2006, 02:29 AM
Pro Rider

sold the raptor 80 AND the Breeze today, to the same guy! lookin for a 250 EX, or maybe a LT160. just bought 10 y/o a 250EX and i can see this one lasting quite a few years in terms of size, power, etc.
Sounds like he has 2 youngsters[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I would think the 160 is a great size for a kid his age[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Of course, he might be a little on the "big" side for it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] 250 is a pretty good size for any 10 year old.

Today I went riding with MWQ and his son. The trails were slippery as heck. had to walk my quad down a hill I am going to call the "Widowmaker"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] It was nasty. Myself and 4 m/c's didn't make it up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] MWQ and his son did[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Anyways, I just can't see a small kid man handling a 250 and up quad out of a situation like that. Of course, they can say they would never put themselves in that situation to begin with[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] but, it's not like we felt it would be that way either[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Nedley- My son has a Eton 90 and he's 9. I would not put him on a 250. Yes, when we are crusing down a open trail it's pretty slow but when the trail gets technical, the size of this bike fits just right. The 250 would be way too big for him to "handle".

Old 01-08-2006, 02:31 AM
Pro Rider

This tire machine is a pretty big one that can handle car tire like the coats that the Confused one uses
The one I was using was not the size you're talking about. [why doesn't that read right[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]]

Yeh, mines bigger[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I went riding today with MWQ, after getting back home and cleaning my quad [3 hours later[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]] It was to late to get the tire irons from NAPA[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Hopefully I can get them tomorrow.

When I cleaned my quad, I must of removed 50 lbs of Carnegie mud from it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Next time, I will use the rinse rack at the park.[/quote]

Muds fun to ride in but I don't always think it's worth all the work to clean up afterwards[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 01-08-2006, 02:35 AM
Quad Patrol

I went riding today with MWQ, after getting back home and cleaning my quad [3 hours later[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]] It was to late to get the tire irons from NAPA[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Hopefully I can get them tomorrow.

When I cleaned my quad, I must of removed 50 lbs of Carnegie mud from it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Next time, I will use the rinse rack at the park.

Muds fun to ride in but I don't always think it's worth all the work to clean up afterwards[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][/quote]

After todays ride[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I agree with you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] I try not to get TO muddy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] but it was unavoidable and boy, was I covered in it. If you check out the thread about Ca. rider's[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I posted in there the nightmarish ride we had[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 01-08-2006, 05:29 AM
Pro Rider

My 10 y/o on the Honda is a heavy kid. The 250 EX is ONLY 30lbs heavier than the Yamaha Breeze125. LIGHTER than the LT160!!

you guys are right tho; if he gets in a hairy situation, could be trouble. from now on, FULL riding gear!!

the 8 y/o will be 9 in a couple of weeks. His heavier brother has taken to calling him Hobbit, cuz he's so light and tiny. Hard to believe he's so skinny with his fast-food brother and parents fighting the battle of the bulge. Spoiled Hobbit wants sompin with reverse & headlights & automatic. I want 4-stroke, shaft drive, footbrake. i think i like gears better than automatic, just for the holdback on hills. autos seem to run away, or ya gotta ride the brakes.

I'm really leaning to sompin Chinese cuz they're de-valuing all the other kids quads out there so badly. if i can't beat 'em, i guess i'll hafta join 'em.

Old 01-09-2006, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I wanted to go riding, but I ended up taking pee boy to a local dino museum (pretty cool place).

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel