Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 03:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

wow, you guys got some high elevations at 7000-8000'. but not like "the magnificent forests of british columbia" (chime in with the lumberjack song from monty python!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]). we get snow at way lower elevations cuz this is the great white north.

okay, on the pecker thing that's a very intersting topic for debate. so woman go around and spend thousands for the cosmetic bolt-ons. but in all seriousness, it really doesn't matter. and the vast majority of males with gerkin-sized ******** would never think of an enlargement operation, cuz it just doesn't matter. (the old saying my buddy always uses, " Q.who ya gonna satisfy with that little thing? A: "ME!!") and if ya wanna make an impression, just sew a roll of socks inside your speedo. how do ya think hoss trapped such a hottie!?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-14-2005, 03:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Not sure on how much we'll get. Special Weather Statement on Wunderground says snow @ 8000' north of Bakersfield, dropping to 7000'. Light rain in the rest of the Valley Coalinga-Visalia (CA-198) north.

Looks like we probably won't get our Shutteye run in this year. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
I might do a snow run in the jeep this weekend with my buddy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-14-2005, 05:07 AM
Pro Rider

heres somethin to read.

Here!

Old 10-14-2005, 12:39 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
wow, you guys got some high elevations at 7000-8000'. but not like "the magnificent forests of british columbia" (chime in with the lumberjack song from monty python!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]). we get snow at way lower elevations cuz this is the great white north.
It's Oct and the temps are still up there pretty good. We're expecting a high of 91F today. Dropping to 75 or so tomorrow. That area is pretty close to Mt. Whitney at 14,494' (highest peak in the continental U.S.) Snow levels in the winter can drop as low as 300' or so which is the floor of the Central Valley (we're at 350' or so here.) Generally winter snow elevations are in the 3000' area or so. Rain at 8000' or above after November or so is really bad. Melts the snow. We had rain at like 8000' or so in January of 1997. The resulting flow on the San Joaquin River damaged the flood gates of Friant Dam @ Millertain Lake and proved exactly why it's a bad idea to build home in the river bottom. Yes, I'm serious, dumb @sses want to build homes in the river bottom!

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 10-14-2005, 12:41 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
heres somethin to read.

Here!
Cool link. I've heard about NOT removing the tailgate before (mstrquad). The "air bubble" they talk about is funny to watch. Tie a rope on your rear rope hook, almost long enough to touch the cab. Drive down the highway. Weird to see it flapping in the wind going towards the cab.

Old 10-14-2005, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, that's a high peak!! not sure what our highest is.. i think it's Mt Robson (rockies), or Mt Logan (approx. 20,000'), but Logan might actually be in the Yukon, and not BC. but we've got lotsa mtn ranges, Coastals, Cascades, Rockies, Monashee, Selkirk, Purcell, and then we have a bunch more up north. and when ya fly over the coastals, it's incredible, the mtns are all snow capped and seem to go forever, in every direction. TOTAL WILDERNESS.

Old 10-14-2005, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider

I went to Alberta in H.S., and toured around a bit...the mountains are nothing like I have ever seen...they go on forever. Also, I went to Vancouver for bidness a few years ago, and the mountains are beautiful. I'm glad I live in the rockies...I think I would have to slit my wrists if I lived in flat land.

Old 10-14-2005, 03:19 PM
Air Cooled Rider

To top that off, Badwater (in Death Valley) is like 150 miles away. Lowest point in the continental US.

Old 10-14-2005, 03:27 PM
Air Cooled Rider

I'm right up against the base of the Sierra Nevadas. 10-15 minutes of driving on on highway and you start the climb up. Takes about 20 minutes or so when I head up to ride with LJ at Miami. And it climbs faster that way at the base.

It's relatively flat here. Fresno/Clovis is in the low-mid 300' elevation. It drops to sea level at the delta which is about 120 miles or so away. On a clear day you can see the Coastal Range to the west (50 miles, give or take.) The Central Valley is probably 300+ miles north/south and about 50 miles wide. You can see why it's sometimes called The Great Central Valley. (There are actually two "subvalleys" if you want to call them that based on the main rivers in each (San Joaquin and Sacramento).)

Old 10-14-2005, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
if ya wanna make an impression, just sew a roll of socks inside your speedo. how do ya think hoss trapped such a hottie!?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Hey, I spent a lot of time working on "The Rock." It gets more exercise than my 18" arm...um, I mean my arm gets more exercise than...oh nevermind.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel