Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 02:02 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: Whitewater
I bought her a pack of d cell batteries and a fleece lined swing (Le Swing).[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
LOL! did you buy all the batteries in the state[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] you certainly didn't go broke on just batteries[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] unless of course, she is using 4 batteries a day[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] If that's the case, maybe you need an electrian ( maybe Skinner[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) to hook the thing up to a 220 outlet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Not to be picky or anything, but it's 240V. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] And I don't do field work, generally. Plus we aren't licensed in the State of Utah.
I thought it was 220-240v. Everything I read has 220-240v.

Old 12-16-2005, 02:03 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, you are officailly a slacker...but with you, that's no surprise.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Hell, I've been here for 4-hours already. Looks like you get to work late.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2005, 02:04 PM
Quad Patrol

Does this count for slacking.... I just got into the office about 15 min. ago. Oi. Woke up a little late...
You belong over int he spin cycle thread[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2005, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

Does this count for slacking.... I just got into the office about 15 min. ago. Oi. Woke up a little late...
I know what im buying you for Christmas. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2005, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

Hey RD, next weekend looks GREAt for riding. Should be nice and moist up there. But, no snow. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2005, 11:30 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Hey RD, next weekend looks GREAt for riding. Should be nice and moist up there. But, no snow. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
I know[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] they are talking about rain Sunday and again Tues/Wed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] However, next weekend happens to be Christmas weekend and I am booked with festivities to attend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] However, that following week I am open[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] What's your schedule like then?

Old 12-16-2005, 11:38 PM
Quad Patrol

I know what im buying you for Christmas. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
An alarm clock[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2005, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider

An alarm clock[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
A BIG one. With some HUGE speakers. And no snooze button and a battery backup. haha

Old 12-17-2005, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

I know[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] they are talking about rain Sunday and again Tues/Wed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] However, next weekend happens to be Christmas weekend and I am booked with festivities to attend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] However, that following week I am open[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] What's your schedule like then?
Oh yeah. Christmas. Man, ive got my weekends ALL messed up. ahha

ive got no plans. The only plans i make are to RIDE and to SKI. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2005, 03:27 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I thought it was 220-240v. Everything I read has 220-240v.
That just means that it needs a min. of 220V (or 110V). We have 208/120V 3 phase at work with line to neutral or ground of 118V.

electrical trivia you probably don't care about:

PG&E residential service is 120/240V Single Phase (IIRC, 200Amp min per N.E.C.). Some apartment complexes you may find 120/208V single phase if they are feeding it with a 3phase system. 240/120V three phase has a 208V stinger leg (Phase C from PG&E, but you have to put the stinger on Phase B per N.E.C.) so it isn't used except in commercial where you have 3phase loads.

Loads listed with LOW/HIGH (120/240V) are single phase. Loads listed HIGH/LOW (208/120V, 240/120, and 480/277V) are 3 phase.

Wire Colors:
120/240V = black, red are line (Hot)
neutral = white

208/120V, 240/120 = black, red, blue are line
208V stinger = orange
neutral = white

480/277V = brown, orange, yellow (remember BOY)
neutral = grey

green is always ground.

Neutral isn't needed for multi-phase loads (208, 240 & 480V, i.e. dryers, ovens, ranges, motors, etc.)
Neutral can be shared on the same size feeder for one circuit from each phase (i.e. circuits 2 and 4 can share a neutral.) More than one per phase requires increasing the the neutral conductor. Referred to as "round robin." ALWAYS turn off all circuits of a "round robin" neutral when servicing it. 120V w/o a neutral causes things to blow up, namely UPSes feeding cash registers... (no, it wasn't me, no, I wasn't there.)
Neutrals carry voltage, up to the service voltage. BE CAREFUL!

"Clean power" isn't a real term. Usually "dirty power" is usually describing a condition where you have a bad grounding system.

Equipment calling for an "isolated ground" that is required to not be connected to the grounding system (usually calls for a local ground rod) is illegal (NEC). It must be connected back at the service. This setup can cause dangerous touch voltages and ground faults not clearing. (There are actually a lot of street light poles that are not bonded to a ground back to the service.)

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel