Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 12:21 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Great to hear that you guys had a good Christmas.
As for me i went out and got some things done on the jeep and cooked a steak. That was about it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
lol.

Dinner here was:

New York Steak
Baked Tater
corn
green beans
rolls

Stuffed!
There's just something magical that happens with Pappy's and Mosquite Charcoal.

We went easy today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Stuffed from last night[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-26-2005, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider

anyone ever heard of turkey, stuffing, spuds, etc... for Christmas dinner?? that's what we did. MD, REALLY impressed to hear you had the courage of your conviction on not getting carried away into debt. can i send my wife down for some of that training?

got a used quad passenger seat from a buddy, and a Makita Angle grinder (can you believe a reputable tool co. like Makita is having their tools made in China!? )

Old 12-26-2005, 02:44 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: nedflanders
anyone ever heard of turkey, stuffing, spuds, etc... for Christmas dinner?? that's what we did. MD, REALLY impressed to hear you had the courage of your conviction on not getting carried away into debt. can i send my wife down for some of that training?

got a used quad passenger seat from a buddy, and a Makita Angle grinder (can you believe a reputable tool co. like Makita is having their tools made in China!? )
That's what we had last night for our dinner[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Also had a piece of ham. But turkey was the main stay[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Sure send her down[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Actually,, we're still adjusting to the bills ( ie. rising gas bills in a 3,000 sq foot house) we decided this was the year for the kids[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Plus, I keep dropping the hint[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] about my new trailer for the upcoming year[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And, I just buy what I want during the course of the year, anyways[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL! But it was nice to remain debt free and focus on the kids only.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] So what quad are you doubling up on?

I like Makita[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Guess they need to to stay competitive. Have you seen DeWalt's new 28v cordless tools for $800[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]Q[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] talk about sticker shock[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Almost need to mortgage the house to buy them.

Old 12-26-2005, 04:59 AM
Pro Rider

think we'll double on the Honda and leave the quad box on my Kodiak, which my wife drives anyways!

ya, i LIKED Makita too, but not sure if it'll stay that way if they're outsourcing to China too. No wonder our local home improvement warehouse had Makita Circular saws on sale for $85, same price a pawnshop wants for a stolen one (I mean "used" one). Dewalt is Black & Decker. Sears Craftsman power tools are mostly Ryobi. ALL are made in China. Okay for handyman, but not great for tradesman or frequent use.

Old 12-26-2005, 10:18 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

My bro bought a set of 18V Rigid tools at Home Depot. I guess they are the only place to carry them, probably some special deal. He's had great luck with them. Just heavier than an SOB because of the 18V batteries. The recip. saw broke once, but it was covered under warranty (3 years, IIRC.) I think they are Ryobi, not sure though.

Just had one h3ll of a storm blow through this morning. Lightning, thunder and a downpour. Power went out. Luckily everything came up nicely. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 12-27-2005, 01:21 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: nedflanders
think we'll double on the Honda and leave the quad box on my Kodiak, which my wife drives anyways!

ya, i LIKED Makita too, but not sure if it'll stay that way if they're outsourcing to China too. No wonder our local home improvement warehouse had Makita Circular saws on sale for $85, same price a pawnshop wants for a stolen one (I mean "used" one). Dewalt is Black & Decker. Sears Craftsman power tools are mostly Ryobi. ALL are made in China. Okay for handyman, but not great for tradesman or frequent use.
For construction, Makita is the way to go[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I've had Milwaukee for the last 4-5 years. Finally down to my last battery[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] 3 out of 4 have taken a dump. Can't really complain to much, they have built quite a few fences, arbors and the such[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Darn things are so expensive to buy new though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Last time I looks, it was $35 on ebay for a refurbished one.

I didn't know who made all the others. Thanks for the information[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-27-2005, 01:23 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
My bro bought a set of 18V Rigid tools at Home Depot. I guess they are the only place to carry them, probably some special deal. He's had great luck with them. Just heavier than an SOB because of the 18V batteries. The recip. saw broke once, but it was covered under warranty (3 years, IIRC.) I think they are Ryobi, not sure though.

Just had one h3ll of a storm blow through this morning. Lightning, thunder and a downpour. Power went out. Luckily everything came up nicely. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I think for the price and what you get, ryobi and rigid are the way to go for the homeowner[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If one of them go out, it's not to expensive to replace one item or just the battery.

Old 12-27-2005, 02:06 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
For construction, Makita is the way to go[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I've had Milwaukee for the last 4-5 years. Finally down to my last battery[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] 3 out of 4 have taken a dump. Can't really complain to much, they have built quite a few fences, arbors and the such[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Darn things are so expensive to buy new though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Last time I looks, it was $35 on ebay for a refurbished one.

I didn't know who made all the others. Thanks for the information[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
A coworker has the full Milwaukee 18V set. Bro liked it, but he could never get the batteries changed, so he went with the Rigid. Most of the DeWalts don't seem to last a long time. Tend to not withstand the fall off a scissor lift I guess. LOL. The boss gets the old style 9.6V Makitas, but they just don't cut it. He also replaces/repairs damaged worn/out tools that are used on the jobsite. Replaced with same or like quality. Had a lot guys turning in 99cent screwdrivers wanting Kleins for $10. Put an end to that. LOL.

Old 12-27-2005, 02:10 AM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
I think for the price and what you get, ryobi and rigid are the way to go for the homeowner[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If one of them go out, it's not to expensive to replace one item or just the battery.
The Rigid stuff my bro has is pretty good stuff. He's had it for 1-2 years now. Everything has held up. It's not cheap garbage like the Ryobi labelled stuff is. Almost all of our pipe threading/cutting tools are Rigid (only have one threading machine that isn't...something like Rothberg I think). I have a fealing they wanted quality stuff to stick their name on. I think he's replaced one battery, but they may have been on his Porter-Cable drill.

Old 12-27-2005, 03:45 AM
Royalty Rider

Since were on the subject of tools.... I bought DaBeech a Dewalt impact wrench for Xmas, but I think were going to exchange it for the Snap-on one.

Glad to hear everyone had a very merry christmas!! I finally get my GEARS Powerstroker!! Haha 4.10's baybee!! Now I can hit some trails finally [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel