Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 12:26 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Originally posted by: rescuediver
Oh and snow level is 5000'. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
So, it that snow at Miami?
Yup. That would be snow up towards Lone Sequoia. If it infact fell that low.
I havent been able to see the local hills so i have no way to tell just how low it was.
Im gonna make a trip to the ski hill for the day tomorow so ill know more then. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Even though its the opposite direction this storm was pretty consistent. So the snow level should be the same. If this storm wasnt cold enough, the next one just might be. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
It be great to ride in snow[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

You want cold[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] it's -8 at times in Chicago tonight[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I remember nights like that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 12-19-2005, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider

I havent been able to see the local hills so i have no way to tell just how low it was.
Im gonna make a trip to the ski hill for the day tomorow so ill know more then. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Even though its the opposite direction this storm was pretty consistent. So the snow level should be the same. If this storm wasnt cold enough, the next one just might be. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

You want cold[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] it's -8 at times in Chicago tonight[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I remember nights like that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
I love the cold. Ive ski'd and snomobiled in -30 to -40 temps.. Its really not THAT bad. ahah

Old 12-19-2005, 12:41 AM
Quad Patrol

I love the cold. Ive ski'd and snomobiled in -30 to -40 temps.. Its really not THAT bad. ahah

Correct[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Just bundle up and cover that face[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Oh yea, try not to pee[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] might freeze before it hits the groung[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] unless your Hoss Jr[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-19-2005, 12:44 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

We were on our way to Reno yesterday[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Snow was sticking at 5,500 feet. Had chain/4x4 restrictions in effect at 6,000'. As we were headed up over the hill, to many idiots that didn't belong on the road[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] got in the way, doing 10-15 mph in the middle of both lanes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] So, I decided to come back to civilization. Heard today, some places are going to get 3' of snow by tomorrow[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Been raining all day up here.
Went and played Army Man today at Ord. Last night we were sitting in the motel going WTF are we going to do. Raining like a ****. Poor painters just painted (they are remodeling the Motel 6 in Marina) and it was all washing down the downspout into the middle courtyard area...should have taken a pic, but the batteries were dead in the camera. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Anyways, woke up this morning and it wasn't bad. Dark, cloudy, so we went for it.

I got soaked. Through my BDU shirt, t-shirt and my thermal longsleeve was wet, but not soaked through. Had a blast though. Went through like 4 high cap mags (300 round ea.) and a standard (like 60 rounds.) Was down to my pistol when I got shot. First pistol shot in combat = kill. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Had one double surrender (but one guy was a d!ck and ducked back around the corner.)

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 12-19-2005, 01:20 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

I got soaked. Through my BDU shirt, t-shirt and my thermal longsleeve was wet, but not soaked through. Had a blast though. Went through like 4 high cap mags (300 round ea.) and a standard (like 60 rounds.) Was down to my pistol when I got shot. First pistol shot in combat = kill. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Had one double surrender (but one guy was a d!ck and ducked back around the corner.)

I don't think the south, got as much rain/snow as the north. Looks like we were getting the tail end of the storm compared to North Ca/ Or/Wa.

Is that where you unloaded 1 mag of 300 rounds[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] on his butt as he ran away[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 12-19-2005, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider

I don't think the south, got as much rain/snow as the north. Looks like we were getting the tail end of the storm compared to North Ca/ Or/Wa.

Is that where you unloaded 1 mag of 300 rounds[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] on his butt as he ran away[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
We got 2.24 inches of rain so far up here. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] In less than 24hours....

Old 12-19-2005, 02:09 AM
Quad Patrol

I was basing my information on being up near Sacramento/I-80 corridor compared to here todaymand information that was on the weather channel. According to MID we recieved just under 3/4 inch. Looks like you guys received a good dosing. I saw Oakland got just over 3 inches.

Old 12-19-2005, 03:34 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

No, the POS didn't die like he was supposed to. There was two in like this little patio yard thing. I came up around the corner, pulled my pistol and popped around the corner and 2 of us yelled "surrender" at the same time. There was 2 of them next to each other, and me. We all were supposed to die. Head to head surrenders everyone dies, with no more than 2 to 1 ratio (what happened to me.) But if you get 20 guys from behind they all die, but you don't. He went around the corner behind a fence. I almost walked through there and told him "@ss hole, you're dead too!" In fact he was the first one that I saw to surrender.

There was another team who was having issues with those guys dieing.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 12-19-2005, 04:57 AM
Pro Rider

We were on our way to Reno yesterday[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Snow was sticking at 5,500 feet. Had chain/4x4 restrictions in effect at 6,000'. As we were headed up over the hill, to many idiots that didn't belong on the road[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] got in the way, doing 10-15 mph in the middle of both lanes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] So, I decided to come back to civilization. Heard today, some places are going to get 3' of snow by tomorrow[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Been raining all day up here.

sounds like parts of Canada! (which parts, i have no idea!! we've been sunny and around 40, 32 in the shade.)
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-19-2005, 05:01 AM
Pro Rider

i dunno about that one!!metal starts breaking. diesel gels up. got lotsa relatives up north, and everything starts to shut down around -40 (BTW, Celcius and Farenheit meet at -40). we went skiing once in those temps. had to wrap hotel towels around our faces. they shut down chair-lifts cuz they were afraid metal would pack it in. so i went for a skate, and man, the ice was so hard, you couldn't catch an edge with your skates. just like Bambi.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel