Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 06:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

that's the Enduro Camp riding area of Kisatchie back home. It's in Cravens, off of Hwy 10 between Oakdale and Ft Polk/Leesville. I think there is about 30 miles of trails that go all over the place. If you go, take a GPS. I have more pics on my site www.krawdaddy.net/atv just scroll down to Enduro Ride or something like that

Old 01-21-2004, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

Any body going anyware this weekend?I'm getting burnt on the dunes and only like 6 people show up.Thinking Camp Claiborne but rain is forcast for Saturday so it will probably be a slop pit.
Me and my buddy with his Rappy are looking for a kewl place to ride this weekend within 2 hours of west monroe LA.Any ideas?

Old 01-21-2004, 11:03 PM
Range Rover

Hi Guys, hope you are all doing great.. I heard today, that drag racing was now totally prohibited at the dunes, as well as night riding.. anybody got any input.. I guess at this point we can only hope that Barney and co. go belly up quickly and somebody with a smidgen of common sense takes over.. any news?
Looks like we all will be doing some serious trail riding for the time being..

Latest reports are that the flying w is opening back up.
Red Creek is putting in some real RV pads and hookups.. cant wait for that, but... I wonder how big a size of MudLites I can shoehorn onto the VForce, since it doesnt look like the sand tires will be getting a workout any time soon.. and all the places left for us to ride seem to be pretty muddy trail areas.. well thats the way the sand castle crumbles. I guess we need to plan a trip to Little Sahara and make it a yearly thing.

We are going to Ft. Polk with about 10 or so bikes on the weekend of February 7th. Anybody that wants to share a campsite is welcome.. Let me know here and I will email ya my cell number...

Shane Evans

Old 01-21-2004, 11:10 PM
Trailblazer

Just FYI, the South Lousiana Trailblazers are organizing a trip to mecca (Glamis Sand Dunes) over thenksgiving week of 2004. So you have about 10 months to get your money saved.

The plan is to leave New Orleans the saturday before thanksgiving and drive straight thru (26 hours) to Imperial, CA and the Glamis DUnes.

There is a thread going on over on the www.sltrailblazers.org forums about it. I have posted to the other South Central clubs that I can find forums for (aka most of the mississippi clubs).

All are welcome to join and plan. The concept is MANY BIKES and NOT SO MANY VEHICLES. Carpooling/trailer pooling is highly encouraged.

Old 01-21-2004, 11:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

do any of yall go to the spillway

Old 01-21-2004, 11:18 PM
Range Rover

Im in. Truck, Toybox and as many bikes and people I can cram in it.

Always wanted to go, and since TheDoomsInc sux, Im sure I will need a sand fix BAD by then. I dont know what my buddy with his 8000 dollars worth of Banshee is gonna do.. He came to work today and told me that Barneys son or soninlaw, whatever he is, was patrolling TheDoomsInc and ejecting anybody that was dragracing.. We are NOT sure if that is true, but Jasons Banshee is set up pretty much totally for sand dragging.

He is set for Glamis too. I guess we all need to go asap, because God knows when they will shut that place down too.

Old 01-21-2004, 11:19 PM
Trailblazer

Re: Spillway

go to it?!?! we BUILT IT! ok, well, not entirely, but most of the tracks and signs, and billboards, etc etc were put in place by the South Louisiana Trailblazers. www.sltrailblazers.org. Come on out and join the club, we need all the people we can to improve the spillway into a premier FREE riding area.

In regards to teh Dunes Inc. The night riding has been banned for a long time, but what it REALLY IS, is he locked the gate around 10 or 11pm. thats way past dark, and opens it back up around 4am. Its for insurance purposes mostly.

Drag racing has never been "sanctioned" or "encouraged" but has never been outright banned as far as I know. I just checked his webpage and there is nothing there about banning drags.

I didnt care for The DUnes Inc., mostly becuase I grew up riding the oregon coast dunes (sand lake, coos bay, winchester, etc etc) and they make The DUnes Inc look like a cat litter box.

Glamis Baby!! see above.

Old 01-21-2004, 11:26 PM
Range Rover

I remember for a few weeks the dunes webpage rules said dragracing was prohibited, then it got changed. I figured they would post that for insurance purposes. I will question Jason more tommorrow about it, but he sounded pretty positive that it was being enforced now. What is stupid, is when I had my bad accident there and damn near had my face ripped off by my 400ex's clutch perch, I was not drag racing, nor riding at night. I was trying to climb a steep, ok dammit, it was vertical, hill. But I made it, it was backing down that was a sonofabeotch.

Old 01-21-2004, 11:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Bad, the last time I went, his son was patroling in his jeep. He came up and talked with us for awhile and watched us Drag race. I know that they posted the no drag racing rule, and was told by Barney that it was because of his new insurance carrier. But he never said that he was going to ban people for drag racing.

Old 01-21-2004, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider

WTF!No drag raceing at the LA Dunes!Thats all anybody does out there.I was there two weeks ago and nobody said anything to me nor anybody else.Not even Barney.Were are yall getting this info???

Quick Reply: ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!