Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 09:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

As long as it doesn't rain I'll be happy. Hopefully it won't get as cold as they say (It seems like it never does) Do they ever close the enduro trails due to recent rain like they do other parts of Kisatchie?

Old 02-03-2004, 12:20 PM
Range Rover

I'll try and go by my parents house and see if i can talk them out of some firewood when i go to pick up my bike. Shane if you have a big enough generator i might be able to talk my dad into letting me borrow one of the 100,000 btu diesel heaters we have at the shop. those things will warm you up after standing in front of it for about 5 seconds. Look forward to meeting you all out there.

Old 02-03-2004, 03:42 PM
CSG
Trailblazer

Anyone know of a mailorder outfit that can have tires to Lake Charles by Friday? I had some spirited pavement riding last weekend & will not be able to ride on my existing tires.

Old 02-03-2004, 07:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

CSG, what type tire you looking for and in what size? I have a buddy in the tire business that might be able to help.

Old 02-03-2004, 10:39 PM
Range Rover

Call Highlifter, they can have anything you want drop shipped to you from MTA by then.
search for MTA on google, pick your tire, call Highlifter early tommorrow morning.. youll get em, I was amazed at their service.

Old 02-03-2004, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

I wish you all were going a diff weekend, I could meet you all there and bring wood from my parents (just a few miles from the camp) It WILl be cold. It gets colder there then it does down here [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

You know MTA has a warehouse just north of Ruston right? I've ordered stuff from dealers that ship via MTA and had stuff in 2 days. Overnight should be no problem

have fun!

Old 02-04-2004, 12:32 AM
Range Rover

holy crap, kajun they very well might close the damn thing, like they do at claiborne. the weather man just said 2-4 inches with 6 inches possible in some places wed night. THAT WOULD SUCK. There are like 25 of us going now.
Somebody needs to get a number to call Friday or Thursday to verify. I will try, but I dont know who to call other than the military base at FtPolk,, anybody got any suggestions??

Old 02-04-2004, 07:40 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: badittude
holy crap, kajun they very well might close the damn thing, like they do at claiborne. the weather man just said 2-4 inches with 6 inches possible in some places wed night. THAT WOULD SUCK. There are like 25 of us going now. Somebody needs to get a number to call Friday or Thursday to verify. I will try, but I dont know who to call other than the military base at FtPolk,, anybody got any suggestions??
same number as claiborne should work. Ft Polk does NOT operate the enduro camp. It is part of Kisatchie Natl' Forrest. The trails do run along the boundry line for Ft Polk and Ft Polk does contain parts of Kisatchie [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2004, 08:33 AM
Pro Rider

I was talking with a friend of mine about that exact thing Bad. I'm going to call sometime tomorrow and see if I can get any info. on whether the trails are/will be closed. Yes, it would suck BIG TIME if they do close the trails down this weekend.

Old 02-04-2004, 08:36 AM
Pro Rider

Doesn't look good...

http://www.southernregion.fs.fed.us/...es/knr0804.htm

Quick Reply: ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!