Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 09:37 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

nope, doesnt look good. That whittles it down to redcreek, thedunes, bonnetcarre. God I wish they would put a camping area on the riding side of Airline. Just makes it undoable to have to cross back and forth, especially with a toy hauler type camper.
I may just wait for two weeks and try again.
This sucks.. This is what the rangers did to me a month ago, when I had been planning a trip to Claiborne for weeks. THAT weekend they kept it closed was the Sugar Bowl weekend. THIS closure started two days before the SUPER bowl.. hmmmmm.

Football fan for a ranger? Maybe. If they open it this weekend after what is going to happen tonight, then Im right. Maybe they just like to have EVERY weekend off. Seems like it has been closed more than open.

I guess its a matter of time before its closed forever. I am sure that is what the RANGERS want. Right back to what I said in the opening post in this thread.

I gotta send my money to the SLTrailblazers.. I keep forgetting.

Old 02-04-2004, 09:45 AM
Pro Rider

Oh well, I'm gonna talk to Byron and see what he suggests. LA Dunes wouldn't be bad since I could bring my "R" but I sure hate to give Barney my money[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2004, 04:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Anyone headed to the Dunes this weekend? If my cousin's bike is ready we are headed there Saturday.

Old 02-04-2004, 04:35 PM
Trailblazer

The trailblazers atv club is going to mississippi dunes on both mardi gras DAY (feb 24th) and the saturday following (feb 28th).

Its about 2 hours NE of new orleans near perkinston, ms. About half the size of LA Dunes, but taller hills, steeper hills, and its FREE!

We are tentative to do claiborne on the 21st of Feb, but nothing is really firm on that one yet.

Old 02-04-2004, 04:37 PM
CSG
Trailblazer

I am curious... I have ridden my CR at Claiborne plenty of times when the area is closed. Never have been told anything. I wonder if I am just lucky or since 2 wheelers don't have the "mud riders" mixed in their numbers if they are looked at diffrently by the rangers out there?

Old 02-04-2004, 04:43 PM
CSG
Trailblazer

BTW, before anyone lets me have it. I used to not know that the area closed & where I would park, there would be no indication that it was closed.

Old 02-04-2004, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

I'm the same way CSG. I used to ride all of Kistachie around Ft Polk. Never knew it was closed. Hell, I STILL ride IN Ft Polk (not the outlying areas, but the actual militar practice area/tank ranges. I grew up riding there, I know it better then most of the Army does [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I've never had any dealings with the Rangers, I've had runins with MP's but that's it (ever been followed by a helocopter while in a 250x? I have)

Old 02-04-2004, 10:52 PM
Range Rover

I might do a one day trip to the MS dunes this weekend if the weather clears up. Do they have a place to camp? Can anybody give a pretty good set of directions there?

Old 02-04-2004, 10:57 PM
Trailblazer

yes, there is camping, its 100% primitive. Im going to PM you some private info of one of our club members that lives over there. Great guy. He is the one who found this place and talked with the owner. He would be the best person to get directions from the first time. Heck, he might even join you out there to give you the tour of where to camp, and whats safe to ride on, and which section is NOT safe to ride on. (about half of the available dunes are owned by someone else, and that someone HATES atv ppl on his land.)

Old 02-05-2004, 08:49 AM
Pro Rider

Looks like we're gonna give the Fort Polk trip another shot in 2 weeks (the weekend of Feb. 21). Anyone who wants to come is more than welcome.

Quick Reply: ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!