Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

Anyone going to the spillway this Sunday? I'm thinking about going if I can talk a buddy of mine into going, which shouldn't be hard considering he just bought a brand new Rubicon last week[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-19-2004, 02:25 PM
Trailblazer

there aer always a ton of people out at the spillway.

Area-2 is closed until we can get the main IN/OUT trail repaired. Hopefully today or tomorrow. But if your on a sport bike, you dont want to be out there anywayz.

Area-1 is all open tho!

I might have to make a trip out there. I havnt run the banshee all month.

Old 02-19-2004, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the info. If we go I'll be riding my Foreman 450s...my R is strictly for the sand[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-19-2004, 02:51 PM
Range Rover

me and a friend of mine are goin to the spillway sat. If you wanna go then.

Old 02-19-2004, 02:53 PM
Trailblazer

I live minutes from the spillway, so I can really go anytime.

Im not to hard to spot. look for this: CLICK HERE

Oh, and the WASHINGTON STATE license plate should be a dead giveaway [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-19-2004, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider

Can't go Saturday. My wife is leaving for Phoenix at 6:00pm and I have to bring her to the airport. Hopefully I can make it out on Sunday. Besides the helmet requirement, no alcohol, no riding double what other rules are there? Is there a restriction on the tire size like on WMAs?

Old 02-19-2004, 03:06 PM
Trailblazer

The only BIG RULES are:

1. DOT helmet (ENFORCED BIG TIME)
2. No Alcohol ANYWHERE (DITTO above on enforcement)
3. No wreckless riding (Judgement call, mostly around the trailheads)
4. No Horseplay in the parking lot (Enforced)
5. 90 dB sound limit. (Not enforced. 75% of the bikes wouldnt be able to ride if it were)
6. Follow the rules on the signs for childrens tracks. No high HP bikes, CC restrictions, etc etc (Pretty easy to read and follow)
7. Stay within posted riding areas. (enforced)
8. Riding is open from 5am to 10pm 7 days a week.

Riding double IS allowed, so long as you follow the "No wreckless riding" condition above. There is also no "tire rules" like other areas have. Although we would apreciate the big tire bikes not screwing up the MAIN trails and take it into the deeper woods.

Old 02-19-2004, 04:48 PM
Trailblazer

Just FYI Folks. LA passed a new law that not everyone is aware of I guess.

SB 98 by Lentini (Act 802). CRIMINAL TRESPASS. Makes it a crime to be on any property without expressed, legal or implied authorization; repeals guidelines for posting property boundaries; places the burden of proof on the person charged with trespassing to prove that he had authorization to be on the property; makes exceptions for law enforcement officers in the performance of duties, firefighters, emergency responders or government employees performing duties authorized by law; etc., establishes the following penalties: $100-$500 and/or up to 30 days for first offense, $300-$750 and/or up to 90 days for second offense, $500-$1,000 and 60 to 180 days and forfeiture of any property seized in connection with the violation for third and subsequent convictions. Limits liability of owner for any injury of a person not authorized to be on the property. Repeals the prohibition against posting property illegally and destroying posted signs.
The jist is: You are presumed guilty of trespass REGARDLESS if it has been posted or not. You HAVE to SHOW proof of permission, or your busted. Cop can just drive by and bust ya if he feels like it.

Old 02-19-2004, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Ford_Forgotton
I live minutes from the spillway, so I can really go anytime.Im not to hard to spot. look for this: CLICK HERE Oh, and the WASHINGTON STATE license plate should be a dead giveaway [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
if you are minutes away, I must be seconds away [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2004, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider

well, I have an interesting new verse to the saga of my stolen Raptor

http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...TARTPAGE/1.cfm

Quick Reply: ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!