Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 06:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

You should definatly testify against the Ba$tard. I'm not sure about the suit against the police dept. Talk to a lawyer is all I can sugguest. Atleast they can clear things up for you. Congrads.

Old 02-25-2004, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider

one problem I may have is, if the NOPD won't compensate me for the loss, I can't really sue them. I'm a city employee also [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-26-2004, 02:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

That $ucks, good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Old 02-26-2004, 10:50 PM
Trailblazer

THERE IS A PUBLIC MEETING SCHEDULED AT THE RAPIDES PARISH COLLESIUM ON SATURDAY, FEB 28TH @ 7PM FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO SUPPORT FULL USE OF THE FOREST TRAILS LIKE AT CAMP CLAIBORNE. BASED ON WHAT THEY ARE REPORTING, THE MORE PEOPLE WHO SHOW UP TO PROTEST THE FORESTRY SERVICE'S PLAN TO CLOSE MOST OF THE TRAILS, THE CHANCES OF THEM CLOSING THE TRAILS ARE GREATLY REDUCED. PASS THE WORD ON TO ANYONE YOU KNOW WHO USES THE CLAIBORNE TRAILS. THANK YOU!

Old 02-26-2004, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

Y R people always out to close our riding areas down [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2004, 09:35 AM
CSG
Trailblazer

Who is holding this meeting? Where is the Rapides Coliseum located?

Old 02-27-2004, 10:14 AM
Range Rover

I had gotten that same info, George put me in contact with some of the guys that are in the Dirt Bike clubs up in the Alexandria area. That apparently is not exactly what this meeting is about. There is a problem with "cross country" or off trail riding in Claiborne. The Forest service, as I understand it, had sent out several flyers in the fall about the problem and wanted riders input on dealing with it. Apparently their mailing list is small, and they were dissappointed with the amount of responses. The meeting, as It was explained to me is to address the banning of cross country or off trail riding in Claiborne... I guess you never know what they are gonna do till you get there, and I may still try to go, baseball tournament allowing.

Shane Evans

Old 02-27-2004, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: badittude
I had gotten that same info, George put me in contact with some of the guys that are in the Dirt Bike clubs up in the Alexandria area. That apparently is not exactly what this meeting is about. There is a problem with "cross country" or off trail riding in Claiborne. The Forest service, as I understand it, had sent out several flyers in the fall about the problem and wanted riders input on dealing with it. Apparently their mailing list is small, and they were dissappointed with the amount of responses. The meeting, as It was explained to me is to address the banning of cross country or off trail riding in Claiborne... I guess you never know what they are gonna do till you get there, and I may still try to go, baseball tournament allowing.Shane Evans
that's what I read too, in the Alexandria Town Talk a few weekends back. Seems that the problem is people going off the trails and there are lots of new trails spurring off. It's very appearant in the Enduro Camp.

Then again, the trails aren't marked very welle either!

Old 02-29-2004, 12:25 AM
Trailblazer

Well I finally got a chance to ride down to the spillway and check it out. I liked it so much I am loading the bikes up and the morning and going for a ride. Hope to meet some of you guys there. Just look for an older ford dually with a white z400 and what looks like a yellow z400
Patrick

Old 02-29-2004, 02:07 AM
Trailblazer

Look for anyone with a South Lousiana Trailblazers emblem on their doors or back windows and feel free to cruise on up. There should be plenty of us out there tomorrow. In fact the Club President is doing his regularly scheduled ATV safety instruction class, So if you see someone that looks like he is doing training. Thats prolly him. He LOVES to chat with new riders, so feel free to stop by and schedule a chat with him after his class.

Quick Reply: ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!