Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 09:28 AM
CSG
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

It is not looking very good for the 21/22 ride. If it stops raining by Friday is there any chance that Claiborne will be open?

Old 02-12-2004, 09:36 AM
Pro Rider

Nope, doesn't look good. I wouldn't get my hopes up that they would open Claiborne either by next weekend. For updates go to the Kisatchie National Forest home page at:

http://www.southernregion.fs.fed.us/kisatchie/index.htm

Old 02-12-2004, 09:53 AM
Range Rover

04LERaptor, Keep us informed on the riding trail at percy quin. that would be awsome to have a place there to ride. I can get to Mcomb in just under an hour.

Shane, Do you have any info on the flying W. Is it open agian yet, Is it under new Management, or do they have news about it on the internet.

Old 02-12-2004, 10:25 AM
Range Rover

I havent heard any more info on the FlyingW. I have been watching with interest Kevin W.s antics in supercross, he's givin em 'ell out there.. got fined for running another guy OFF the track.. The guys that I know that had the info have family up near the property, and are hearing that it is going to reopen, but when they logged it out, it left a mess, and are planning to get it back open, but no one seems to have any concrete info.
HOWEVER, I recommended to my brother in law that he try RedCreek last weekend because he was desperate to go riding. He wound up staying in the new cabin there. He said it was the nicest place he had everstayed, 5star hotels included. It is impressive and he managed to get it for like 120 a night. Seems high, but it sleeps about 12 comfortably in beds.. check out the cabin pics on their website.

RedCreek may be one of our best options in addition to the spillway for a little while.. Kraw, if you can mention it, the corps, and the club REALLY needs to look into allowing some camping at the parking lot. It is impossible for me or anybody else that has a toy hauler type camper to come stay the weekend because of the big deal made about crossing over Airline Hwy from the campground.

I would have to go set up camp, unload the ATVs to sleep in the camper, reload the ATVs in the camper, break camp drive 300 yards, unload the ATVs, ride, then start all over again that evening. Maybe even 3-4 dedicated parking spots for campers up in the far corner away from the kids mx track with some electrical hookups.. It would solve the problem of nighttime vandalism, at least on the weekend.

I realize the NewOrleans area folks dont have much incentive to do this, but it would sure get me and my family to come down to the spillway alot more, and be more involved with workdays and such. Kinda hard to drive a little over an hour each way, do some volunteer work, and still have time to relax, ride, have lunch all in one day. Just a thought.
Well, im off to the grind.
later.

I SO ready for the end of this cold wet A$$ weather! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
BRING ON SUMMERTIME!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-12-2004, 12:05 PM
Trailblazer

we are aware of the camping problem, and even those of us who DO live in New Orleans want the same thing so that we can stay the night too!

We have discussed it with the corp and there is some stuff that has to be looked into first, such as location, firepits, etc etc. Its definately on our list!!

Old 02-12-2004, 12:45 PM
Pro Rider

04leraptor, I understand what you are talking about....It rained for four days straight when I bought my last bike and I finally just went in the rain....Those rain drops hurt at 65 mph and on top of that you can not see!

Old 02-12-2004, 04:21 PM
Pro Rider

Rain rain go away come back another day [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-12-2004, 09:50 PM
Range Rover

I've been hearing about the trails at Percy Quin for 2 years now. I used to ride by and check on them every now and then but i haven't been by in a while. Rattlesnake Bay is a great place to ride I can't wait for it to open back up. Last i heard about Flying W was it was closed for good. It was a nice place to ride to.

Old 02-12-2004, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

I stopped in Perkinston to look for MS Dunes today on my way through. Didn't know where it was and I couldn't find it. If it is closing like ya'll say then it probably doesn't matter that I didn't find it. I'll keep looking on here to see if it really closes.

I don't know if the trails a Percy Quin will ever pan out...however the lady on the phone was pretty positive they are gonna open. Even so,we will still have to see if they will be any good or not.

Suppose to rain into the weekend...guess I'll see if the Raptor floats then.

Oh yeah-Six weeks until time change (Daylight savings time-April 4th) Can't wait!

Old 02-13-2004, 02:33 AM
Range Rover

Daryl, It would even be cool if you all could figure a way to put a trail from the north campsite over to the south gravel parkinglot Under the bridge and have it intersect somewhere near the gravel road that leads to the bridge entering the area 2 trails.. It wouldnt matter, as long as we could ride our bikes over... well, the campers would be unattended, I would feel alot better if they could be where all the ATVers are.

Quick Reply: ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!