Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 09:40 AM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Red400EXRod
Three in mine, let's go riding!
Yep 4 in this one OH are you supposed to take them out & ride them????

Old 04-25-2010, 09:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

Good Sunday Morning PSAR

man TC that is a HUGE garden here I was all impressed w/ mine LOL I did get it expaned to dbl the size of last year, got grn beans, tom,carrots, lettuce 3 types of onions planted & now have to plant zucchini, cukes, & trying acorn squash this year also, I still need more tomatos but gonna wait a week or so to put more in!! Planting potatos today, a little late w/ that but this darn RAIN!!

Did go yesterday & bought a few flats of flowers for the planters, got most planted before the rain, have more to go now today

MIL came home from UDUB hospital Fri night YAY but now she is in Cascade again had another reaction to meds, plus FIL didn't want to wake her to give meds cuz she was tires ARGGGGGG still gotta wake her to give them dang it, hoping we can get another person up there to help w/ this so she doesn't end up back in hospital again!!!

\Well have a great day I hear there is a rumor of SUN today?????????????

Old 04-25-2010, 09:46 AM
Pro Rider
Can't wait to feel that 130 HP at the dunes.
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes the whloe stall and hardware. Not sure how long they are. I will measure them next time I go out there. Still not quite sure the place is ours yet. We agreed on a price, had inspection done. The inspector found an active leak over one of the decks that someone tried to fix with a few new shingles and calking also an electical panel that has been recalled. Sellers offered us $800.00 to fix them, we declined. They then said they would fix everything but add $2000.00 to the sellig price. We are not sure if we want to do it. We need to make up our minds by the end of the week to get the $6500.00 tax credit. The credit is why the are being so stuborn about it.

Old 04-25-2010, 01:06 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Originally Posted by Dirtmomma
O see ya already found out I pm'd Lara on FB to find out but look @ you on the ball
Yeah, I've found quite a few neat group rides on the net. Doing one Sunday, Federal Way-Puyallup-Orting-Carbonado-Algona area, 104 miles with 5 challenging hill climbs. Hopefully Chris can ride with me on that one

Old 04-25-2010, 04:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)

Originally Posted by Dazeys
Jayna,
Sounds like a starter. Turn on the headlights and try to start it, if the lights dim there's not enough power going to the starter. If they don't try jumping the starter. There should be 2 wires going to it. 1 big one from the batt. and a small one from the key. short them together for just a moment. If it still just clicks it's the starter.

Also we are buying a new house that has a horse barn. It has new gates on all of the stall that I won't need. Do you know any one that would be interested in them, and do you know what they are worth? Check them out, search 11125 Grandview rd. Arlington.

Tony

Thanks for the suggestions guys. The starter is toast. Have to find one tomorrow. MB came up and pulled it for me. Friggin $200 from Napa and a 7 business day delivery time. Gonna call around tomorrow, too. But at least I will have my tractor back.

Tony are you talking about stall fronts or tube gates? I'll look it up and see what I can find. I know about what they will go for on CL. Might be interested in something you are getting rid of and might have a few people in mind. I'll post something later.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)

Originally Posted by tencubed
Hi LJ:

The fact that the solenoid clicks is a good thing as it eliminates searching thru a lot of the wiring for the problem.

I agree the battery connections must be very clean and the new battery is a good idea. Not all new batteries come fully charged and putting a charger on it will solve that potential problem.

Once the battery is charged I would suggest you take a set of jumper cables and hook one black lead to the engine block and the other to the negative (-) post of the battery. Then hook one of the red leads to the big post on the starter where the lead from the solenoid hooks on. Being sure the tractor is out of gear and the switch is shut off touch the other red lead firmly to the positive (+) post of the battery. The engine should crank over. If not then the battery is bad or you have a bad starter.

If the engine cranks over unhook the black lead from the battery and repeat this test. If the engine cranks over then the ground path from the battery to the engine is good and you can leave the black cable disconnected at both ends. If it won't crank you need to clean the ground wire connections and possibly replace the ground cable.

If the engine cranks over then take the red lead from the starter and hook it to the big post on the starter side of the solenoid and again touch the other red lead to the positive post of the battery. If the engine fails to crank the wire from the solenoid to the starter or one of the connections on it is bad.

If the engine again cranks over then hook the red lead to the battery side of the solenoid and the other red lead to the positive post of the battery. Try to start the engine in the normal fashion.

If the engine starts then the problem is in the wire from the positive terminal to the starter solenoid and the connections must be cleaned or the wire replaced as needed.

If the engine still fails to crank take a short piece of wire and connect between the red jumper cable at the solenoid and the small post on the solenoid. This should engage the solenoid and cause the engine to crank. If not then the solenoid is bad and will need to be replaced.

If, by chance you have one of the oddball tractors that has two big and two small terminals on the solenoid then let me know the make, model and serial numbers of the tractor and I'll look up a wiring diagram for it and let you know which terminal to hook to.

Hope this is clear enough to follow, if any questions just ask.

Tencubedlt@yahoo.com

Mike
THANKS Mike! Great suggestions. Looks like the starter is bad.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Originally Posted by LdyJay
THANKS Mike! Great suggestions. Looks like the starter is bad.
LJ:

Post the make and model of the tractor and I may be able to find something for you.

Mike

Old 04-25-2010, 08:25 PM
Pro Rider
Can't wait to feel that 130 HP at the dunes.
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, The stall fronts but there are a few tube gates also. I'm thinking I need to build a quad track on the 5 acres.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)

Originally Posted by tencubed
LJ:

Post the make and model of the tractor and I may be able to find something for you.

Mike
It's a Craftsman 91725961 sn-5700 tractor with the Onan BG-MS 2980A Motor, s/n F763179529

Starter part no: SMH12 B81 by American Bosch

The thing is a classic, that's for sure, but it's better than trying to do it all by hand. I am sure impressed with what it handles for a small tractor, but then they really built them properly when they were actually built here in the good old USA.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Originally Posted by LdyJay
It's a Craftsman 91725961 sn-5700 tractor with the Onan BG-MS 2980A Motor, s/n F763179529

Starter part no: SMH12 B81 by American Bosch

The thing is a classic, that's for sure, but it's better than trying to do it all by hand. I am sure impressed with what it handles for a small tractor, but then they really built them properly when they were actually built here in the good old USA.
LJ:

Cummins bought out Onan sometime back and I thought I might be able to get you a better price. Fact is they have the thing on the shelf in Portland for $604.00. Just a little high. Checked with another source and found a new one for $137.27 also in Portland, they have three in stock, so UPS could be another ten to fifteen bucks. Same outfit has an outlet in Sea-Tac area but I don't know if they have one on the shelf. If you want this I'd suggest the one from Portland and I could have them drop ship to your residence and you could mail me a check. Should take a couple of days after you decide if you want it.

Let me know.

Mike

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread