Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

'89 Yamaha Breeze/reverse switch & carb Qs

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default '89 Yamaha Breeze/reverse switch & carb Qs

RaptorOwner, would you adjust pilot air screw about the same, or do you have factory spec?

What's the Philips screw all about, that is left of the idle screw when you're facing carb? It has a fibre washer, no spring. I think it serves no purpose, no adjustment.

Old 08-19-2004, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver<br

That's alright, he's used to doing things the hard way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Marshall Dillon, that's about the most on the mark comment you've made in all your posts that I've read!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-19-2004, 02:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can check mine out when I get off work today, I havnt messed with any of the screws.

Old 08-20-2004, 01:04 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
Originally posted by: rescuediver<br

That's alright, he's used to doing things the hard way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Marshall Dillon, that's about the most on the mark comment you've made in all your posts that I've read!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Oh sure, I wasn't on my mark[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] when I recommended that rear basket, now, was I[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-20-2004, 01:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
RaptorOwner, would you adjust pilot air screw about the same, or do you have factory spec?

What's the Philips screw all about, that is left of the idle screw when you're facing carb? It has a fibre washer, no spring. I think it serves no purpose, no adjustment.
The factory I believe is two and a half turns out and the screw your talking about...hhmmmm I dont think it does anything and personally I have never messed with any of the adjustments on the quad at all. I do know that the thing is like a Timex watch and keeps ticking away!

Old 08-20-2004, 01:18 AM
Quad Patrol

[quote]
Originally posted by: RaptorOwner
I do know that the thing is like a Timex watch and keeps ticking away!
I think the one Confused has, is a Tijuana imitation[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] his definately[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] is not running like a timex[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-20-2004, 04:39 AM
Pro Rider

actually, mine is running pretty good, just needed some tlc. like I said on the FBK, everything I buy used comes from a moronic loser, everything I sell is either perfect, or I tell you the flaws and the price reflects it. remember, this POS turd told me my'89 was a '95. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

saw a 2000 model in paper today for $2500. I paid $1600, so I think I only paid about $100 too much, plus I shouldn't have had to mess around with tune up.

so raptorowner, did you just check your own idle screw by tightening it to see how far in it went, then backed it back out to where it was and that's how you got 2 1/2? ( I know I've done that before i rebuild/tear apart a carb I'm not sure about). I ask cuz you say, "i believe"... so it's not clear if you're guessing, or positive. It did seem like I coulda taken it out another 1/2 turn with no change in performance, it's just that 2 1/2 turns seems like a lot. and when you get to that fine tuning point of the last 1/2-1 turn, I never really hear a big difference, so I'm not positive where I should stop. that's why it's nice to know how close you are to the factory spec. i guess if i was a pro, i could pull out the plug, look at it, and know if i'm too rich or lean. does performance indicate if you're too much one way or the other?

BTW, thanks for your help. here i just said it's been pretty good... one other item I noticed. when hot and just shut off, the starter just "whirred" when I tried to re-start. left it for a bit, then tried it, and it worked. maybe a flat spot or the brushes are starting to go?? at least this one is in a super easy spot to remove. you should see the LT80 starter... MEAN UGLY job to remove. I don't like the fact there is no auxillary starting system on these. Have you ever had to jump start yours, or can it be done on a belt drive?