Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yamaha Grizzly vs Honda Rincon - Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 12:41 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha Grizly vs Honda Rincon - Opinions

I'm trying to decide between purchasing a used Yamaha Grizzly ('02-'04) or a used Honda Rincon ('03-'04). I'm looking for pros and cons of each machine as well as personal experiences with each. I'll be doing 90% trail riding in the Northeast (rocks/mud) and 10% snow plowing (I have a small drive way).

Any/all comments appreciated,

PNut

Old 08-25-2005, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default Yamaha Grizzly vs Honda Rincon - Opinions

I love both machines. They are both very capable in any situation. I almost bought one instead of the griz. If you plan on doing extreme stuff with it like running massive mud or but hole puckering hill climbs, I would get the griz. If you are just doing tame trail riding and normal riding, I would get the rincon. If you are a freak like me and like to play with mods, then get the griz. If you just want something to ride, get the rincon. I doubt that you will dissapointed with either. Just get one that wan't spanked too bad by the previous rider.

Old 08-25-2005, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider

wat he said^^^^

but it also depends on ur likes. take a test ride of both and see which one u feel most comfortable on and which one is suitable for ur style of riding.

Old 08-25-2005, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

I've owned a 2002, 2003, and 2004 Grizzly 660, and a 2003 Rincon 650. The handling and suspension on the Rincon is better. But I really disliked that transmission, it just never seemed to be in the right gear, or to be able to get what power the Rincon has to the wheels like it should. Our Grizzlys also held up better than our Rincon. I think half the bolts on the Rincon vibrated loose at one time or another, the battery fell out, body panels fell off, you name it. And we ended up having to replace a rear axle CV joint and the rear driveshaft on the Rincon. The transmission had a serious creeping problem toward the end as well, and we just ended up selling it instead of taking it back into the dealer again, and paying for the diagnosis/repair. The Rincon just seemed to always need working on, which was a surprise for a Honda product. I'm sure some people will say you need to maintain anything to prevent problems, and it was my fault we had problems with the Rincon. The problem with that theory is that we did the same maintenance to the Grizzlys as we did the Rincon, and did not have the problems with the Grizzlys. And we had not had problems with other Honda ATVs/Motorcycles we have owned.

Ride them both, get the one you like the best, and get the best deal you can.

DV

Old 08-27-2008, 04:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Yamaha Grizzly vs Honda Rincon - Opinions"></title><script src=

I am looking for my first ATV. I grew up on Honda dirt bikes and currently own two Honda PWCs. I'm trying to decide between a Rincon and the Grizzly 700 FI EPS. All the guys I will be riding with say get the Grizzly, but their all riding Yamaha skis and Grizzly ATVs. Any opinions on which I should go with. Both would be 08's. Lots of creeks and hills to play on in our area. Is the power steering a good thing or not?

Old 08-27-2008, 04:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Default Yamaha Grizzly vs Honda Rincon - Opinions"></title><script src=

This all depends do yo want 3.5 wheel dr. or do want a true 4x4? If you say 4x4 the only answer is the Grizz!

Old 08-27-2008, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider

It's a no-brainer. The Grizzly is the one to get. Yes, the EPS is a worthwhile gadget.

Old 08-27-2008, 04:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sounds like the Grizzly is the way to go. Any idea on price with the eps and winch and added hitch?