Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Bad Experience with Powroll

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2001, 08:55 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered the Powroll piston kit and cam for my Raptor from my local dealer. The piston came but no cam after about a month of waiting. They must have big problems with production. They are great at changing their story to fit their lack of service and response. My dealer was promised a cam by 03/30/01 so I could ride this weekend. No phone call, no email and no cam. I called the lady (Pam) who answers their phones, at home and got my head ripped off. I would suggest you check with CT Racing first unless you are really in need and ready for the stall!!!!!

Old 03-31-2001, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider

I am not to quick to slam any company because they are slow, because they are human too. But what does get to me is when I am jerked around and lied to. I can handle if they would just tell me that it is gonna be late because of whatever reason. One thing that is Inexcusable is to have to talk to someone that represents a company that is rude. I had the same experience with CT about a half a year ago. I called them to ask them what jets they are running with thier pipe and they said that the jets come with the pipe, so I said "no, I just need to know the numbers of the jets" at which time the lady went to talkin s*it. But whatever, I didnt buy from them anyhow. You would think that new companies would be a little nicer since they need to establish a reputation. One place that is very helpful is Big Gun. The guys there will answer any question and stay on the phone with you as long as you want to talk. That kind of attitude goes a long way when I am considering buying a product.

Old 03-31-2001, 01:37 AM
Range Rover

That is good to hear about Big Gun. Rocky Mountain ATV is the same way. I can understand if they have problems with a new product but they need to be honest with the customer. Zero communication is not the answer!!!

Old 03-31-2001, 02:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

It's too bad they don't deliver what they promise. It's hard to trust them if they don't follow through and get the parts to you. It sucks to be promised parts, plan a ride, and then be left home wondering if your cam is screwed up because you don't hear from anyone and can't contact them either. I would expect much more from Powroll, but maybe they don't care or think it's important. They're probably off riding for the weekend while you are stuck at home. Hope you get it soon and it is done right. Let us know how it performs. Good Luck!

Old 03-31-2001, 08:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

I will make sure i don`t order from them,I hate rude people,especially when I spend money with them.

Old 03-31-2001, 08:57 AM
Range Rover

I had a few issues with the actual product, BUT the people at Big Gun were AWESOME. They were on the phone with me forever, discussing jetting, altitudes, and options.

Old 03-31-2001, 09:33 AM
Range Rover

Companies that sell performance products need to wake up and realize that as consumers we share opinions and ideas over the Internet in forums like this one. One bad experience with a customer can cost them more than one sale.

Old 04-01-2001, 09:42 AM
Range Rover

Has anyone out there ordered a cam from CT Racing?

Old 04-02-2001, 03:59 PM
Pro Rider

Okay guys, here's the story.

I work at Powroll; I have for the last 5 years. I am the salesperson so I answer all incoming phone calls, I also designed and created our website, I also answer all incoming e-mail. Unfortunately, e-mail is the slowest way of contacting us. Which we make very clear on the website. It states "Although we attempt to answer most e-mail, time constraints sometimes do not allow this...If you have an important question and need a fast answer, call us!"

Powroll as a company has been in business since 1964. We wouldn't still be around if we didn't take good care of our customers. Since we don't do big ads in magazines, it's proof that most of our business is by word of mouth. If that word were bad, we'd be out of business fast.

That said, Ron does have one valid point. His camshaft did take longer than anyone expected to be completed. We received the camshaft from All Seasons Sports on 3/7, and shipped it out on 3/30.

This was over a week longer than our anticipated ship date of the 21st. Our supplier was delayed on shipping the cams to us, then there was a problem with the cam which had to be fixed in-house. These things were dealt with as quickly as possible, but they did cause delays.

Since Ron went through a shop (All Season Sports) on this order, we WERE in contact with the shop regarding status. We spoke to the shop at least once a week and updated them with new information as it became available.

Ron did e-mail us. In fact, he e-mailed us once a day on average. I tried to keep up with responses to his e-mails, but since we receive about 50 to 100 e-mails a day, it's not possible to respond to all of them (as we openly state on the website). Ron could have called us instead, and received an instant response to his questions.

Since we had contact with the actual purchaser of the item (All Season Sports), we felt our customer had been contacted and knew the situation.

After e-mailing our shop a total of 4 times on Friday (we close at noon on Fridays) the first of which was relatively belligerent and included some cussing, Ron decided to take matters one step further. He found my home phone number on the internet and called me at home. I couldn't believe that someone would actually call me at home. I'll tell you honestly that I felt really creepy about the situation, and wasn't very nice to him.

Since we rely heavily on repeat business, we are very aware of customer satisfaction, and we try to do everything in our power to make things right for the customer. Sometimes, our distributors make that difficult for us by delaying product, or giving us fuzzy information on delivery dates. This is a problem that happens in this industry often, and it's hard for everyone to deal with.

Please try to understand that we did deal with Ron’s situation as we deal with all others. Giving timely information that is as accurate as possible. We do care, and we do our best. Sometimes, I guess it’s just not enough.

Pam Falcioni
Powroll Sales & Tech Support

Old 04-02-2001, 04:17 PM
Range Rover

What Pam says is true except I did not email every day infact I emailed them once on Monday, no response, and twice on Friday and yes my last email was excellent!!! All Season Sports was expecting the cam on Friday and was not notified any time during the week. We were in the dark. I give them credit because the President of the company contacted me and apologized. I am sure it will take awhile for Pam to forgive me.

Quick Reply: Bad Experience with Powroll