Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

WILL A PRM DESERT GRABBAR HOLD UP TO MULTIPLE FLIPS?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2001, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i hate it when people do ***** wheelies (a wheelie with your foot on the grab bar) and think their a bad *** doin a wheelie. if your a real master at wheelies you can shift all the way up and all the way down again without getting out of the wheelie. i can go all the way up on my friends 400 but thats it.

Old 07-12-2001, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

I got the sit down wheelies down pat.....I can start in first or second and shift all the way to fifth.....no prob.....and ride forever in fifth. I have never thought of trying to shift back DOWN. That seems like it would be a little challenging. I am getting pretty good at stand up wheelies. I can start in first or second and shift to third.....that's it.....I feel as though I'm improving though. The reason I want ot learn to do the one footed wheelies is because alot of my friends can only do those type and I can't. I just thougt it would be another thing for me to learn....besides....when you start shifting up and picking up speed.....you run outta ground pretty fast.

Old 07-13-2001, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider

What kind of question is this? What do YOU think? Will ANYTHING stand up to the hammering of multiple flips? Come on! I don't care what it is or what it's made of...it's gonna get pretzeled pretty bad in this scenario! (Grab bar OR subframe, whatever is weakest) Actually, the damn grab bar will be the least of your replacement part worries. Do some people just enjoy replacing chowed parts? I think I'd rather spend my money on nice upgrades rather than being on a first name basis with the local dealer parts counter man as I systematically replace every OEM part on my machine. Sheesh!!!!

Old 07-13-2001, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider

Hey scott! Think about it! You can't learn something new unless you practice, now can you? The reason I ask is because......I want to learn how to do them....but not at an unreasonable cost! I'm sure not everybody is as good as you and can go out and learn a new stunt the first time you try it. YOU'RE GONNA WRECK!!!!! I'm no metal expert....I have no clue as to how much abuse a certain metal can take.......That would be the reason I asked the question!

Old 07-13-2001, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

I dunno bout u guys but when i replace my subframe i plan on getting a more supportive one if it doesnt make my fourwheeler alot heavier.

Old 07-13-2001, 07:14 PM
Trailblazer

The speedo works great. I haven't had any trouble with it. I have done all kinds of riding with it and it holds up great. Installation isn't hard either. I have 250 mi. on the odometer since I put it on.
Killntime

Old 07-13-2001, 07:20 PM
Pro Rider

Do you mean multiple flips like this?...http://www.exriders.com/videos/index.shtml

Old 07-14-2001, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

AustinL911: Sorry to rattle your cage, man...It just seems like a very high price to pay for "practicing a stunt". I guess such risking of health and well being (not to mention money) is normal for the younger set; I probably had my day at that as well. Thing is, I discovered my "mortality" with several bad crashes over the years and learned that it damn well isn't worth it. I really don't have anything to prove or anyone to impress. Bust yourself up now, and you'll be well reminded of it later on in years. Other than that, I just can't stand to bust up an expensive piece of equiptment either. Don't get me wrong, I ride hard and have a lot of fun, just within the safe parameters that I have discovered since I found out what my limits are. I'm sure you'll understand fully at some point down the road. In the meantime, good luck dude! (You may need it.)