Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

WIll ALL 2-strokes be BANNED?!?!?!??!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2002, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The california raptor also has a more restrictive airbox. If i'm not mistaken, the raptor in california also gets a red sticker. Yamaha's yz-f four stroke dirtbikes all get red stickers also. Suzuki's drz400's also get red stickers. I'm not sure which 4-stroke quads get red stickers. I know that if a certain number is in a certain place on a 2 strokes VIN number, it gets a green sticker.

JaMeS

Old 06-23-2002, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

I sure am glad I don't live in Calif!!
Besides you can hide from a tornado & there's no where to run from an earthquake!!

Old 06-23-2002, 12:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

yamahagye,

In the vin number the 8th charachter, if its a 3 or a C it will be a Red sticker. That goes for all California bikes, quads.

Moose,

Actualy (supposedly) California has the most Tornados as well. However they are small and almost never touch the ground. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Thats according to one of the news stations weather guys. I heard him say this once and thought he was on crack. And you can run from an earthquake. Just go outside away from buildings. That is if you can get there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-23-2002, 02:00 AM
Range Rover

Yeah the 8th digit is it just like he said. My C-dale should be red but i will see when i get my papers. any ways hope they keep two strokes they are fun to ride.

Old 06-23-2002, 12:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

wshrdskin,
thanks for the info bro on the sticker issue. I was wondering just exactly how that was being deployed. To me it doesn't sound so drastic now. I thought it was the "end of the world" for ATVing.

Old 06-23-2002, 12:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Badass,

You may get lucky. My nephew bought a 2001 YZ250 a year or so ago brand new and he got a green sticker. Even the DMV makes mistakes. I also have a Pooplaris trailblazer for the wifey and its a green sticker also. Its a 2000 model. Each of these bikes has a 3 or a C for the eighth digit. Good luck.

Old 06-23-2002, 02:01 PM
Range Rover

yeah i know a few with dales that have green, but it will just be my luck to get a red.
wshrdskin,
do u ever go to John Burr? how do they treat you? I ordered a wire oil filter for my speed and that will be two weeks on tuesday! I need to order a pipe for it and i know chappy does not do dales. so i dont know what i am going to do. i want the pipe for my trip. the guys over at chappy dont even know what a dale is (maybe they are always behind them, hehe). Dave the sevrice manger takes care of me but the guys is parts need to get there act together! I need my oil filter and my kerf. i can ride with out the kerf bas but i need to filter my oil! i work over at dons and it takes 6 days to get stuff from C-Dale so this is sad what is up with John Burr. i bought my dale because C-Dale is good to us at the bike shop. after i get my oil filter and kerf bars and HMF slip on i am done with them. i will do all my remaps over the internet after this. and it a bummer they cant make me happy bc we live so close to them. i just need to go off because they am keeping me off my baby!
peace

Old 06-23-2002, 02:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I bought my Raptor and the used Trailblazer from John Burr. Ive only ordered piston and rings for my kids LT80 from John Burr and they don't even work on Suzukis. They can order weisco parts however. I recieved them the next day. When I bought my Raptor I had them throw in a set of shockwears. It took 3 weeks to get them. As it turned out the shockwears for a 400ex fit the raptor. The guy I bought it from got pissed and opened some shockwears for a 400ex and tried them on a Raptor and gave them to me. He told his parts guys that it wasn't rocket science. LOL The parts guys are young, its not a crime to be young but apparently they are not being trained very well. Make them look up your parts in their computer. they couldn't even find my shockwears and thats what set the salesman off. maybe your parts aren't here because they never got ordered. John Burrs prices and sales are good, they don't add on the imaginary costs that chappy does. Their parts departments isn't as good however. JMO. Good luck.