Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Need shop work done by someone who knows what they are doing

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2002, 09:28 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK
I have ran into a problem with the superquad.
Me and my brotherinlaw took the engine out of the frame last week and looked for another frame, the Blaster.
Then I found the RC30 engine and decided not to use the Blaster frame.
Then we decided to take the frontend off of the first frame and just put the Blaster front end under it. That's where we are now.
To make it more simple to understand, I want to put the RC30 engine into the 350X frame but with the Blaster front end. It has shocks to deal with the woope section that you guys said would be at the big race.
Now, the problem.
The Blaster front frame is narrower than the lower part of the 350X frame that i am using in the rear portion. I still have the motor mounts left over from the CX500 motor that we took out, but they dont lign up either. If I find the lower portion of the RC30 motorcycle frame, will it be wide enough to join the two frames in the front??
Sorry if this sounds confusing, but I am confused even more about this siutation. I have to begin work now so that i get it ready in time for the race. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks,
SirClip

Old 08-31-2002, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

I don't really reccomend using the blaster front end. It's not the best frame geometry in the entire world. I'd go with something along the lines of a honda EX or R front end or a banshee or warrior front end. The blaster front end is very narrow and the suspension would be limited at best.

Old 09-01-2002, 12:11 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the tip, but I am stuck with the Blaster frame. I traded an antique washing machine for it and the guy sold the washing machine at an auction last night. I know. I tried to swap back today when he told me this. I have also discovered that this Balster doesn't have any brake parts on the front. After I finish the superquad I plan tyo put on one of the fluid brake systems that come on the Banshee. So what should I do? I think I should carry all of this to a shop and let them finish it up for me, but they will charge me alot of money I think. Who does this type of work for a reasonable price? I'm not cheap. I just don't have alot of money right now. I make plenty but have to catch up on some loan payments right now, BUT I need to finish the superquad before the race. Do you know of anyone who will do this for me if I run their stickers on it during four stroke wars? Sort of like a sponsorship or something?
Thanks,
SirClip

Old 09-01-2002, 12:59 AM
The Facility

<< Do you know of anyone who will do this for me if I run their stickers on it during four stroke wars? Sort of like a sponsorship or something? >>

LMAO!! If I knew you had MY stickers on it, I would do the work in exchange for you to agree to never put them back on!!!!

Old 09-01-2002, 01:02 AM
The Facility

Hmmmmmmm........That gives me an idea to.

I need somone to design some new style stickers for me.

The KNOWSALOT FACILITY is in need for a new decal design.

Anyone have any ideas?? Send me a link to the pics in a PM.

Old 09-01-2002, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider

Hey knowsalot

Go ask your VP-knowsalot facility and he might even come up with new decal design. He alway come up with something new every week..... Never know he might got something hiding in the storage area.....Like the place where he is at and we can't come visit him at all.....

Old 09-01-2002, 02:22 AM
Pro Rider

Sirclip,ive been watching your ramblings for some time now.i cant take it anymore.if you have no fabrication skills why are you trying a project like this anyway.if it was me id just use the blaster frame and make the necessary modds to make the engine fit.if your building this to run at four stoke wars i dont see the point.there will not be a class for anything that does not use a matched 4-stroke atv production engine and frame anyway.otherwise i wouldnt of dropped 4g into my raptor motor id just bought a busa motor,if you think by doing this your going to be the baddest man on the hill your waisting your time.

Old 09-01-2002, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider

Sirclip, id advise you to get in touch with good old Captaincarl, since he is a genious he should benifit some help. The only problem is he doesnt have a phone!!!!hahaha LMAO