Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

PowerMax 150cc Brake Pads?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 11:31 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PowerMax 150cc Brake Pads?

Well it's time to replace the rear pads on my daughters PowerMax 150. I got a price of about $40.00 Canadian plus tax and shipping charges for the rear disc pads. Is that a good price and if not does any other part numbers fit....Ex Yamaha, Or any where to order on-line?...Thanks....Caper........

Attached Thumbnails PowerMax 150cc Brake Pads?-photos-camera-161.jpg   PowerMax 150cc Brake Pads?-photos-camera-159.jpg  
Old 09-05-2009, 09:41 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Are those Chinese brake pads? Seems a bit high but maybe because its Canada? I got a few sets with my quads but dont have any left....They seem to wear ok but mine dont get ridden all that hard...Next time I needed a set I was going to take my pads to a Cycle Gear and try to match the pads up to something Japanese...Cycle Gear is a quad and motorcycle accessory dealer here in Ca...

Old 09-05-2009, 06:36 PM

What about the Jetmoto 150 .....do you have a place you get parts for Jetmoto?
.........Caper.......

Old 09-05-2009, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by caperinmuskoka
.........Caper.......
you can always go direct to jetmotousa.com. dmitri is excellent as he deals in JM parts only all day long. VERY fast turnaround, usually parts are on their way in one day.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:01 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally Posted by caperinmuskoka
.........Caper.......
I did have a few sets from my trips to the Jetmoto headquarters over the years...I put my last set in the 150 Yamoto about a year ago...always wondered what they copied so next time I need a set Im going to see what is out there....I figure that a set made by EBC or some other aftermarket company should last forever compared to the Chinese replacements.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by mywifesquad
I figure that a set made by EBC or some other aftermarket company should last forever compared to the Chinese replacements.
When I got the jetmotos my original strategy was to replace the cheap broken chinese parts with OEM quality parts but that seems to be much harder than I thought. There seem to be so many different parts slapped into these things it is hard to know what the exact original chinese part was used much less what OEM part was copied.

Have you ever thought of starting some sort of database that lists the year and model of the quad and the interchange part number from the chinese part to a OEM part? I know it would be a huge effort for lots of different quads but maybe we could try for at least the last two-three years of Jetmoto quads like 150, 200, 250.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:28 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally Posted by windtrader
When I got the jetmotos my original strategy was to replace the cheap broken chinese parts with OEM quality parts but that seems to be much harder than I thought. There seem to be so many different parts slapped into these things it is hard to know what the exact original chinese part was used much less what OEM part was copied.

Have you ever thought of starting some sort of database that lists the year and model of the quad and the interchange part number from the chinese part to a OEM part? I know it would be a huge effort for lots of different quads but maybe we could try for at least the last two-three years of Jetmoto quads like 150, 200, 250.
One of the plans for Jetmoto was a data base for parts that matched up....There was also plans for a complete shop manual and parts manuals..all in english and very easy to use..That was put on hold for the development of the Jetmoto 350/400... Eugene didnt want to spend the time/money to make the manual when at the time..(18 mos ago) it looked like the 350/400 was going to be here by that Christmas (12/2008).... The plan was to make that new frame design the base for the 250/200/150 and make a set of manuals for all of them...

Old 09-07-2009, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by mywifesquad
One of the plans for Jetmoto was a data base for parts that matched up....There was also plans for a complete shop manual and parts manuals..all in english and very easy to use..That was put on hold for the development of the Jetmoto 350/400... Eugene didnt want to spend the time/money to make the manual when at the time..(18 mos ago) it looked like the 350/400 was going to be here by that Christmas (12/2008).... The plan was to make that new frame design the base for the 250/200/150 and make a set of manuals for all of them...
Well. That is a fine excuse for Eugene to not provide something, how about something more homegrown starting here? Maybe we can just agree to make a sticky for each make/model then list parts people replace and what interchanges worked. I guess we would need to be year specific as well but nothing too involved to get going. We could start with spark plugs for JM 150 and 200 ! :-)

Old 09-07-2009, 06:03 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally Posted by windtrader
Well. That is a fine excuse for Eugene to not provide something, how about something more homegrown starting here? Maybe we can just agree to make a sticky for each make/model then list parts people replace and what interchanges worked. I guess we would need to be year specific as well but nothing too involved to get going. We could start with spark plugs for JM 150 and 200 ! :-)
I think its a great idea....Plugs are done...brake pads next?

Old 09-07-2009, 07:18 PM

Sounds good to me!!..........Caper........