Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

WIMP MODE

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WIMP MODE

40 hours and about 490 kms it strikes.Did not worry me at all,read about it on these forums all the time.Brain wasn't fireing on all cylinders and it didn't look good for a while.Wasn't looking forward to driving 14 kms out a rough woods road 10 kph.When all else fails read the directions.Didn't disconnect the two prong limp mode belt switch,turned a two minute job into 30 or more,panic isn't allways good for the coconut.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]Drove over 100 kms with no probs after that.:cool

Old 05-02-2004, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default WIMP MODE

Originally posted by: heyyou
40 hours and about 490 kms it strikes.Did not worry me at all,read about it on these forums all the time.Brain wasn't fireing on all cylinders and it didn't look good for a while.Wasn't looking forward to driving 14 kms out a rough woods road 10 kph.When all else fails read the directions.Didn't disconnect the two prong limp mode belt switch,turned a two minute job into 30 or more,panic isn't allways good for the coconut.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]Drove over 100 kms with no probs after that.:cool
It isn't that big of a deal. My dealer showed me how to reset it if it happens. (It hasn't happened to me yet.) Heck, this machine could go more places in limp home mode than most machines at 100%.

Old 05-02-2004, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default WIMP MODE

I don't think my dealer even heard of it.I had to ask for the reset key,told me I would never need it,I got it out of him anyway,darn glad I did now.No,it isn't a big deal now that I know how to do it but the first time at anything usually takes the longest(well almost every thing)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-02-2004, 07:59 PM
Trailblazer
Default WIMP MODE

It's not a big deal? Try having it happen while crossing a river, buried in two feet of mud, or climbing a long steep hill that you use some momentum to get up. It can be extremely dangerous or at least inconvienent and embarrasing. All I need is my belt light to come on if the belt is worn. I dont need a limp mode.
Wook.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]:frown

Old 06-15-2004, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default WIMP MODE

It happened again!Third time,this time it was at 1322kms,first time 490,second time 980kms.Starting to get me weeved!That new kawi looks good.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-15-2004, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default WIMP MODE

Kawi designed the limp-home feature. Just thought I'd point that out. It still hasn't happened to me. (Knocking on wood!)

Old 06-15-2004, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default WIMP MODE

Kawi designed it but they left something out when they gave it to a/c.I don't think many kawi riders know how much trouble we are having with this glitch,because it works for them.They get it every 1000kms or miles or whatever,we get it anytime,anywhere.

Old 06-16-2004, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider
Default WIMP MODE

I am still waiting on the Dynatek CDI, which should be here in a couple weeks. It is on backorder,but was told that it A increases horsepower, and B takes care of the hump mode. We she see how it works but i been having trouble with my hump mode and looking forward to not worrying bout it anymore.

Old 06-16-2004, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default WIMP MODE

I don't want to part with the coin,I hope Arctic Cat will help us out before I get sick of it and buy something else.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]