Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Great ATV Review site by owner/Riders.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 12:35 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great ATV Review site by owner/Riders.

Just type in ATV for Category and select year and model. Owner Review Site The reviews are rated buy Stars,5 being the best. I just bought a sp 500 because of this site because there are not alot of complains about them of any year. I was close to getting a 600 Griz but look that one up and its full of problem stories.

I had to search for a used quad due to budget and really love the sound of the Suzuki Eiger or Vinson but there just was none available around here in Sault Ste Marie Ontario Canada. I went for 3 long hard rides on my sp500 so far and I'm impressed it,s like riding a powerful high speed living room sofa.

I was also amazed by this site with Honda owners I thought Honda's were pullet proof and complain proof but if you look up some of them they have some problem areas.

Old 10-13-2006, 12:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

TLC,
Thanks for the lead to the site. Should be another data point of information to aid me in my decision on which ATV for me.
Bob

Old 10-13-2006, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider

ya thats the first site i found alot of good reviews and feedback from riders as well.

Old 10-13-2006, 09:04 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider

I just noticed a cool feature. When you find a bike you like Click on " Powersport Network Specs" it will give you all the bikes specs but at the top right you can click on "Compare two Vehicles" now it will give you a side by side comparison of specs of any two ATV of any year.

Old 10-14-2006, 02:55 AM
Trailblazer

nice find!

Old 10-14-2006, 10:17 AM
Pro Rider

Old 10-14-2006, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry for the blank post above.

Interestingly enough, the Kawasaki Brute Force gets hammered more than others on that site.

http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/en....asp?veh=13259

Old 10-14-2006, 11:46 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider

Yes if you do not see a nice list of 4 to 5 stars then there are some unhappy people out there. I almost bought a nice looking used 03 600 grizzly but through this site I find out the axles break more often than they should at $200 a pop plus labor. If you look up any other year beside 03 than the feed back is all good. Turns out Yamaha tried a cost or weight saving measure in 03 and put on smaller diameter axles. Yamaha found the errors in there ways and quickly when back to stronger axles in 04.

But I'm a little Leary of this site sometimes because it could be just the whiners type out a review do to anger,people having no troubles have less reason to type out a review maybe. Also look up at the top left for there mileage and read a high mileage review,whats the point about reading someones "I LOVE MY BIKE" review when he only has 150 miles on it. Tell me how you love it after a couple of thousand miles buddy.

Old 10-14-2006, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider

I also don't put any stock in someones opinion after a hundred miles. Also, I checked your site. If a Polaris owner writes a bad Honda review, the average rating drops big time. I am just using that for an example.
I go by what I see on the trail and what I own. At Windrock, there are hundreds of ATVs there on a weekend. I consistently see one brand being towed back to the trailhead. Polaris.
I also own a Polaris 600 Sportsman. It has been pulled back to the trailhead 3 times for different failures. I am in the middle of replacing all wheel bearings, brakes, and rear cv joints on this machine. It has only been ridden about 15 times.
I have also had to replace the foot wells, weld the handle bars back on with a new fabricated mount, replace the speedometer, new tie rod ends, replace cut radiator hose (which was cut by the frame), and replace some wiring for the start circuit that burned in half.
This all happened while riding with my Hondas, a buddies Rincon, a Vinson, and a Bomb 800. None of them had any problems on the same trails.

Old 10-14-2006, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider

Did anybody read the reviews on that site for the Jet Motos and the Yamotos?