CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

"Let's take this OUTSIDE"!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 03:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Let's take this OUTSIDE"!!!

I think the 05 is just more "robust" LMAO!!

I dont see any of those 00 parts you speak of on my 00 ds... Buy Ill take your word for it. Maybe the new frame is solid steel.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I dont see how BRP would spread mis-info on weight specs to make the marketing aspect of weight become a disavantage.

How do you like my TI mock-up ds main frame?

Old 05-31-2006, 03:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

That is one sick looking DS! I like the black pipe. Mine just looks stock with a +6 swingarm.

That DS of yours has me intimidated just by looking at it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I don't pay much attention to how my bike looks. Seeing yours makes me want to rethink that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

That was a good exchange![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] All I ask of myself is to give you a run for your money on all motor while you are spraying. Wait a minute, I guess I am asking a lot of myself, lol. I actually don't intend to win[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Losing with honor gains more respect than winning alone[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].............of course winning with honor is kind of a win/win if you know what I mean[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I gotta get some sleep.

Later

Old 05-31-2006, 04:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Guess I will have to start shaving weight so that I can keep up with you guys, yall just wont let me rest!!! Oh wait, Mario can ride mine so I will keep on eating LOL

Old 05-31-2006, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy crap. You guys are going to mop me up. I still have stock subframe, extended chrome steering stem, with bars. Durablue axle, with 2 over TBR swinger. All that right there has got to be at least 35lbs more than you folks. Then add all your other stuff, dang! Oh well guess I'll have to add more nitrous.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-31-2006, 10:44 AM
Pro Rider

I could get down to 220 or so if I could get a new mid section, and rebuild the backend.......oh wait, are you all talking about your quads??? My bad

Old 05-31-2006, 11:31 AM
Pro Rider

mario the average 300 ft drag uses less than 4 ounces of gas so you dont even need the gas tank and that much gas,so you could shave a whole bunch off there. oil tank ,the average run is no more than 5 to 6 seconds so you really dont need 3 quarts of oil in that thing either, get rid of the oil tank and make the oil return line go straight back into the motor, dump your radiator fan becouse how hot is it gonna get within that short of a time, pull the thermastat out so you have continuos circulation also. fill all your tires with helium so they will float rite over the terain your racing on. exchange your big heavy seat for a nicely folded beach towel, on those fancy front aluminum rims drill them full of holes to liten since there really isnot any real torque on them..isn't the subframe realy for holding the battery and having a place to connect the seat ? if so get rid of the subframe. since there is no need for the oil tank move all electronics to the front under the front facia. you could also lose alot of weight doing away with that big @$$ wiring harness. you can run the whole bike on about 5 wires. you already know to dump the brakes lightsand plastics, and of course if your like me take off those 25 lbs worth of go fast stickers. i can build you some light weight foot pegs no need for that front dash nor the idiot lights nor that big key starter, move the key under the facia also with your control system. you wont be needing that metal bar that holds the dash so you can cut that off also. as far as the nitrous goes, do not install the mounts on the bike thats just extra weight, wear you some pants with pockets down the front of them and put the bottel in them. no need for the kill switch , light switch , high beam switch so do away with that also. the bike will shut with the key so dump that extra 4 to 5 ounces. the stearing stem does not need to be as big around as it is or as tall as it is since your removing the gas tank so make it shorter and smaller in diameter and as far as handalbars, one hand width on each side is all you need to hang on, thumb throttal on one side and the clutch on the other, cut your clutch handal down so you only work it with 2 fingers, oh yeah and on the front only run 2 jugs on each side, and then take the other two studs out, the front hubs could be shaved in half like i said only using the 2 lugs, no oil tank no need for all those bulky hoses, get rid of the fan relay switch, i know all this sounds crazy but theres a whole bunch more you could do to liten your bike. just something for all of you to think about. i cant ride so i just sit in the garage looking at all the possibilities. and if you are kinda worried about the seat thing, when you remove the subframe remount your stock grab bar upside down but a little foeward attaching it to the frame so you atleast have a little something to sit on. cant you all tell i need to ride

Old 05-31-2006, 11:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2BIG2BFAST
mario the average 300 ft drag uses less than 4 ounces of gas so you dont even need the gas tank and that much gas,so you could shave a whole bunch off there. oil tank ,the average run is no more than 5 to 6 seconds so you really dont need 3 quarts of oil in that thing either, get rid of the oil tank and make the oil return line go straight back into the motor, dump your radiator fan becouse how hot is it gonna get within that short of a time, pull the thermastat out so you have continuos circulation also. fill all your tires with helium so they will float rite over the terain your racing on. exchange your big heavy seat for a nicely folded beach towel, on those fancy front aluminum rims drill them full of holes to liten since there really isnot any real torque on them..isn't the subframe realy for holding the battery and having a place to connect the seat ? if so get rid of the subframe. since there is no need for the oil tank move all electronics to the front under the front facia. you could also lose alot of weight doing away with that big @$$ wiring harness. you can run the whole bike on about 5 wires. you already know to dump the brakes lightsand plastics, and of course if your like me take off those 25 lbs worth of go fast stickers. i can build you some light weight foot pegs no need for that front dash nor the idiot lights nor that big key starter, move the key under the facia also with your control system. you wont be needing that metal bar that holds the dash so you can cut that off also. as far as the nitrous goes, do not install the mounts on the bike thats just extra weight, wear you some pants with pockets down the front of them and put the bottel in them. no need for the kill switch , light switch , high beam switch so do away with that also. the bike will shut with the key so dump that extra 4 to 5 ounces. the stearing stem does not need to be as big around as it is or as tall as it is since your removing the gas tank so make it shorter and smaller in diameter and as far as handalbars, one hand width on each side is all you need to hang on, thumb throttal on one side and the clutch on the other, cut your clutch handal down so you only work it with 2 fingers, oh yeah and on the front only run 2 jugs on each side, and then take the other two studs out, the front hubs could be shaved in half like i said only using the 2 lugs, no oil tank no need for all those bulky hoses, get rid of the fan relay switch, i know all this sounds crazy but theres a whole bunch more you could do to liten your bike. just something for all of you to think about. i cant ride so i just sit in the garage looking at all the possibilities. and if you are kinda worried about the seat thing, when you remove the subframe remount your stock grab bar upside down but a little foeward attaching it to the frame so you atleast have a little something to sit on. cant you all tell i need to ride
LMAO![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

There is a lot of good counsel in this post for a serious racer.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-31-2006, 11:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 650VIPER
Holy crap. You guys are going to mop me up. I still have stock subframe, extended chrome steering stem, with bars. Durablue axle, with 2 over TBR swinger. All that right there has got to be at least 35lbs more than you folks. Then add all your other stuff, dang! Oh well guess I'll have to add more nitrous.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I am not afraid of any DS motor out there except a few like..............Sandbomber, Hard1 and AZSAND on a really long run. Where I am limiting myself is on weight and setup. A 50 lb weight savings helps you get out of the hole much quicker and it is amazing how much faster the motor gets up to shift point .............at least here where I race, you have to have a lot of horsepower to overcome that.

NOS is the other thing. A 80 hp motor against a 60 hp motor on a 20 shot. The NOS motor is going to rev up so much more violently. A normally aspirated motor would have to pack a pretty good advantage to overcome that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I hope AZ gets the bugs worked out of is ride. The mountain will be the place his setup will shine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-31-2006, 12:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Keep eatin all ya want Glenn. Im on a bigtime diet!!!

Ron, We will be awaiting you with the "no mercy" race team.

First You have to beat my bike on motor before you run the other monsters. Dont count bigdaddys bike out. His bike is going to be a force to be reconed with as well.

Old 05-31-2006, 12:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
Keep eatin all ya want Glenn. Im on a bigtime diet!!!

Ron, We will be awaiting you with the "no mercy" race team.

First You have to beat my bike on motor before you run the other monsters. Dont count bigdaddys bike out. His bike is going to be a force to be reconed with as well.
Hey don't misunderstand me. I am not saying I can beat all the motors out there that I didn't list. I am simply not afraid of them. Big difference. I know where I will stack up against the names I listed. I might as well be racing Major's Gixxer. It won't be close. As far as other 730's and stock bores, I am not afraid and I think I can at least give em a good race. That is all I was saying[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Btw, who all is on the No Mercy race team?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]