CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

New Addition To the Family...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Addition To the Family...

Finally took delivery of the new addition and must say WOW. She is huge!!!! I havent run it hard yet, but from what i have put it through i must say that i am rather impressed. I am not sure about the complaints i have been reading on the Visco-Lock, but where i used it, she hooked right up when barely moving. Never had a CVT before, so this baby is given me some learning curves to get used to. Like no crawling up hills in 4-high...lol. Other than smoking the belt a bit (from all the torque) when slowly climbing a hill in 4 high, i have had absolutely no problems at all. To see a bike this big and heavy just smoke the tires is incredible.

Planning on hitting the riding park tomorrow so we will see how she does. But from what i am hearing...it will be all good !!!!

Old 09-03-2007, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

Well, just got back from a day at the park with the new toy. Man will this thing kick out some sand. The tires on the bike are an after market tire more for mud so they just DIG. However, despite the fact that the tires were not made for the type of terrain i was on...it did great. Ran into a small winch problem that i will need to check out tomorrow, but other then that...I'M LOVIN IT!!!!!

Old 09-06-2007, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider

WOW, 100 views and i am the only one replying...lol. Figured someone would have dropped me a hint or two, or at least made fun of me for semi smokin a belt...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Well i guess i might as well add that i rolled her on over the other night...doggone do those tires grab when you least expect it. All is still ok, just have a few scratches to look at now...GRRR!!!!

Old 09-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Trailblazer

Is this your first wheeler? If not , what was your previous ride. How did you roll it over. Maybe that will have been the first and last time. At $8-9k they are meant to stay on all fours. Good luck

Old 09-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider

Nah, i have a DS650 as well. I was making a turn and romped the gas and the tires hit a hard piece of road under the gravel launching the bike...YIKES! And yes I hope this will be the last time. I have had my DS for going on 5 years and never wrecked it yet...LOL

Old 09-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Weekend Warrior

i agree!!! that thing is one bad beast!! i am giving up my yfz 450 for one since my riding terain changed. we moved from so cal to texas and most of the places we have been seem better fit for sport utility. i am very impressed with mine!!! it is taking some getting use to cause of its size compared to what i normally rode.

Old 09-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider

I tell you the size definitely takes getting a bit used to. My DS used to tower over bikes and thought it was huge. Parking the Outty next to the DS and looking at the two is a bit funny. The outty towers over the DS. I never would have guessed how much that thing weighs and for it to take off like it does with that weight is very impressive. With the tires i have on the Outty right now i cannot grab any traction at all and was still beating the four wheel drives and only losing to my DS by a couple bikes. I would like to put some actual sand tires or regular tires (like the stockers) and see how it runs. Right now i cannot grab traction on pavement to bring the front end up, the tires just sit there and spin. But the tires i have on it does really well off road for traction. Nevertheless, i bought the bike for work and being able to take the wifee out on. All this extra juice is like a huge bonus [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-13-2007, 04:55 PM
Range Rover

I have to admit I was sceptical about the Stock tires on my bike. I was planning on replacing them right out of the showroom but I decided to test them out and see how I like them. They are very capeable tires. I have 40 Hrs on my bike so far, on varried terrain, Mountians, trails, Mud trails, rocky hills. even some sand. I now have no plans to change the tires. I have yet to come into a situation where I've said to myself I wish I had bought upgraded tires.
just my 2 cents.

Old 09-13-2007, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider

well the outty came with (what looks like) super swamper tires. Like i have said i will be using the bike more for work and riding with the wife so if i want to drag it i will just buy a stock set or something to change into. Off road however, these things grab like nobody's business [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]