Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

YOUR Quad will be worth nothing!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 02:02 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YOUR Quad will be worth nothing!!!

Laws are changing!!! The trails you ride today, will be locked up tomorrow. Think you'll just sell your quad. Good luck! Who'll buy something just to put it in the garage?

Old 06-03-2007, 07:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

Must be a tree hugger in disguise?

We will always have places to ride in Michigan as long as we fight the greenies and their sister tree huggers. WE MUST ALSO POLICE OUR OWN AND MAKE SURE THEY DO THE RIGHT THINGS WHEN RIDING.If you sit around and WATCH your area's get closed down, your part of the PROBLEM. Get out and get INVOLVED!

Old 06-03-2007, 10:00 AM
Pro Rider

hey if we pay taxes why do u really care about atv's. do u call the police when harleys drive by. their a heck of alot louder!

Old 06-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider

Most of the regulations are developing as a result of safety issues and property distruction. Do your part! and the issues are not as serious. Ride responsibly and safely and get involved with helping. Education is a big key for these issues. If you can't do anything to help, at least don't be part of the problem - drive safely and don't destroy other peoples property - show some responsibility on your own and encourage others to do the same then governmnet isn't going to have to step in and mandate. It took a few to ruin it for the rest, let these few know that you don't appreciate what they did to ruin your sport. Don't blame government - put the blame where is should be (ourselves).
Here is a suggestion - if eveyone printed just 5 signs on a computer and put them in plastic covers and posted them all over the trails that would help. "DRIVE RESPONSIBLY AND SAFELY OR BOTH YOU AND I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE THIS TRAIL" If just 100 people did that then that is 500 signs out on the trails to serve as reminders.

Old 06-03-2007, 11:56 AM
Trailblazer

Being locked out is going to happen. It's law now! Has to be in effect by 2009. All U.S.A. public land. your riding will be very restricted. Better do some research before you loose it. Email, fax, call write letters. Or say goodbye to your hobbie.

Old 06-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

Here is what I do and I don't care what anyone thinks. If I see an irresponsible rider, riding without a baffel or off a designated trail or tearing up property needlessly, or an under aged child on a trail unsupervised by a guardian, I write down there registration and send it to the Warden Service.
Is it squealing - damn straight it is. And I don't give a rats-*** what people think of that. These irrespnsibles have ruined my sport thus far and I am fighting back and telling them that they are not going to continue to ruin it. And if I can get their sorry butts off the trails then I will. I don't go looking for it but if I run across it I just don't say to myself "It is none of my business what they do", because it is my business. They are ruining my sport and I will ruin their day if I can.
And when the Game Warden visits their house and gives them a written warning, a ticket or impounds their machine or has a little talk with a guardian - guess what - makes them stop and think next time as to who is watching. And it is not just a 'hide and go seek' game with the authorities.
You irrisponsibles have ruined it for me and now it is my turn to take a 'wack' at you. And I am not going to sit idle and allow you to ruin it any more than you already have. So if you can't ride responsible and safely then don't let me see it, because I will turn your sorry butt in. Because I am not going to cry about it later, and complain that government has issued more mandates and taken my sport away.

Old 06-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider

We deal with irresponsible riders every may 24th and labour day here too. Most of them when confronted about their behaviors will appologise and then are more or less trouble free for the rest of the weekend. There are plenty places around where you can "tear it up" so it doesn't need to be on congested trails and near peoples dwellings (even if it is a cabin).

Old 06-03-2007, 12:58 PM
Range Rover

Buckaroo......the current Access travel management plan being put into place has nothing to do with safety or property destruction. It is a plan that does only one thing and that is to deny access. The plan is not just ATV but car, pickup, motorcycle and so on. If put into action (or should I say when) there will be 6000 miles automatically placed off limits to motorized use. In Oregon the USFS is the manager of the public land and "game wardens" only deal with wildlife. It sounds like use might be heavier in your part of the world. The places I ride the only person to see any signs I post would be me. The access travel management plan is nationwide on public land. The miles involved are different but the result is the same.......You will only travel routes designated by the USFS. On the Wallowa-Whitman National Forest we are supposed to be content because they are perfectly willing to designate 120 miles for use.......
Does Maine have National Forests designated? Yes it does. Contact a district ranger office and ask for a copy of the Access Travel Management Plan. I think you would find it interesting..........Tass

Old 06-03-2007, 01:05 PM
Trailblazer

Tass............is so right. Keep turning in people. I think that is great! If thney can't respect it get them out of there. But you have all ready lost your right to ride on public land. Thats right lost the right! Check it out like Tass said.

Old 06-03-2007, 01:13 PM
Range Rover

Muddy4life.........In reading some other posts it seems that the majority of any access on Michigans Ottowa National forest has come to an end. The access travel management plan is the tool that was used........The idea there will always be places to ride if we fight the greenies and the enviros only works if we win the fight......we are not, we are not even in the game.....perhaps it would be beneficial to check with a district forest ranger....Things are not always as they appear........Tass

Quick Reply: YOUR Quad will be worth nothing!!!