Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

low end clutch kit-scrambler

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 07:48 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default low end clutch kit-scrambler

Thats about the best you can do until you get used to it.Then you can tune it a little more like in the secondary.

Old 12-17-2005, 02:57 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ftwfth,
Would you still go with the Green Polaris spring with slip on muffler and 42 tooth rear sprocket?
I have been trying to get it to KEEP the front end DOWN on hard launch the front end comes up WAY too easy on a 2x4 500 scrammy.
I turn around 7400 rpm now at 56 topped out. The rev limiter must be somewhere around 8000 on these motors because with lighter wieghts she turned 77-7800 at 60 MPH topped out..

Old 12-17-2005, 07:52 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!

The green is a good choice or if you want more rpm on top and a little higher engagement a yellow is good too but you need a heavier secondary spring like a Aaen blue or HPD violet.
I have a complete HPD clutch kit for a 500 that isnt too aggresive for sale if you would be interested pm me.

Old 12-17-2005, 10:15 AM
Trailblazer

I got epi sport utility orange primary , purple secondary 2-3 set up not sure of the weights on the primary, anyone able to help make it more aggressive? Off the bottom and in the mid?withoutlosing too much top. Gotta a white broths and k&n and looking for some extra kick!

Old 12-17-2005, 03:15 PM
Trailblazer

rtthp- i have a 95 polaris 300 4x4, i got free flowing muffler, jet from 155 to 165 main............. and a white primary, i havent had a chanc to really take it on any trials yet cuz i live it town, but i like the engagament of the clutch. what spring would u have recomended for my set up,????

Old 12-17-2005, 03:16 PM
Trailblazer

i meant ftwflh

Old 12-17-2005, 09:14 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: dczys
rtthp- i have a 95 polaris 300 4x4, i got free flowing muffler, jet from 155 to 165 main............. and a white primary, i havent had a chanc to really take it on any trials yet cuz i live it town, but i like the engagament of the clutch. what spring would u have recomended for my set up,????
For what you have you got the right spring.Should do great.

Old 12-17-2005, 09:17 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: thewild1
I got epi sport utility orange primary , purple secondary 2-3 set up not sure of the weights on the primary, anyone able to help make it more aggressive? Off the bottom and in the mid?withoutlosing too much top. Gotta a white broths and k&n and looking for some extra kick!
Step up to a polaris brown primary,10-56 weights and set the secondary at 2-2.This will get you close to where you want.It is a little too aggresive for me.

Old 02-04-2006, 01:35 AM
Trailblazer

ftwflh:
Got the Yellow Primary w 10-58s (bid on wrong ones on ebay) with the Aaen Blue secondary at 2-2./

I do have to admit it is a complete change in its manners. I now feel I am in control not the quad. Still getting used to the RPM increase before starts crawling but I think it will be much more manageable on the steep hills I ride on..

Took the weight out of the nose too, I can pull the front end and ride it 3/4 the way across my 4 acre lot. ( my backyard that I actually keep mowed short enough to ride on.)

Only have one question would going to 1-1 bring the Rpm's up just a bit on the top end? or would going 2-1 be the way to go..
I know the proper way is to come down on weight but I really don't want to buy more weights and do not think I am good enough to
take 2 to 4 grams off them. I also heard a thin spacer under the primary spring could do the trick. What is your opinion on this..

For now I am just going to ride it as much as possible and see how it feels on the trails...

The blue secondary spring makes it kinda tough to get the sheeves to twist a 1/3 rd a turn for reassymbly.. Thought I was going to have to go get the neighbor for a minute there...

Thanks for the info ftwflh sure saved me a lot of time getting in the ball park on setup.. oh and by the way I lowered the rear spring that does make quit a bit of differance on traction on that beast.. I actually stood her up on the gravel road tonight, that was scarey, the barb wire fences come at you pretty quick.

Thanks again for the tip, much appreciated..

Old 02-04-2006, 07:49 AM
Quad Patrol

!-1` is lighter on the tension if you wantto try it.But if it is doing ok I wouldnt mess with it.It can be a handful to preload by yourself.Glad you got it to a point where you can enjoy riding it.