Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Anyone come up on a bear while riding?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone come up on a bear while riding?

Originally posted by: XavierOnasis
Diamondback Rattler next to the trail today! WOOHOO!
That is one thing I don't like.......SNAKES!!!!!!......I will rather see a Black Bear 4 feet in front of me if I had the choice!!!!
I cannot even think would it would be like here riding if I had to deal with those snakes full of venom!!
I would be scared to stop on the quad to take a leak!!!
Maybe if I stood on my front rack of the Sportsman I would feel save enough!!!..LOL..LOL

Did any of you guys ever get bit yet!!! While stopped out on a day riding!!!What do you carry to prepare for that???........Caper.......

Old 04-03-2007, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well CAPER if you ever go riding near Parry Sound, watch out for them Massasaga Rattlers, They sneek up on ya LOL I don't know if your front rack will be high enough LOL You might need to jump on mine LOL

Old 04-03-2007, 11:48 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: SCRAMMYTODD
Well CAPER if you ever go riding near Parry Sound, watch out for them Massasaga Rattlers, They sneek up on ya LOL I don't know if your front rack will be high enough LOL You might need to jump on mine LOL
My front rack should be high enough!!!!..It's not that long ..It(willie) shouldn't reach the ground if I taking a leak standing on the rack!!!!....And YES we do ride over there near Parry Sound!!!!!!At least last year!!!!
LOL...LOL...LOL.....

I thought they were a little north of Parry Sound...Near Killbear Park????....I don't ride near there!!!
.....................Caper............

Old 04-03-2007, 11:50 PM
Trailblazer

Seeing as how I ride cross country about three times a year (usually 4-500 miles) and camp along the trail, I have seen just about every kind of critter that lives in Arizona. However my most memorable experience was when I was riding on a trail about 3 miles North of the ranch, and I stopped and shut the engine off to have a can of pop. When I looked to my right their was a great big "she lion" crouched down in the spring mode just about 20 feet off to my right !!!!! Well I just talked to her a minute telling her how beautiful she was, all the time thinking "what do ya do now Rick????

I decided to just casually start the motor, and ease off down the trail before she began thanking the good Lord for the meals on wheels [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img], I started the bike, and just as I was sticking my thumb "THROUGH" the throttle lever something off to my left moved and caught my eye. As I looked over to my left, I saw an old range cow standing in the shade of a Palo Verde tree.......What I had done was come between the lion and her dinner !!!!! I didn't stop to look back to see if she was thanking me for gettin oughta there [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

rick

Old 04-04-2007, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: caperinmuskoka

I thought they were a little north of Parry Sound...Near Killbear Park????....I don't ride near there!!!.....................Caper............
No they are a lot further south than that as well. Pretty well anywhere around Georgian Bay you can find them. My bud Ryan used to work for the District of Muskoka and they had him over in GB looking after garbage dump sites, and he saw a lot of bears there, and then he would drive around the backroads looking for a place to nap (Our tax dollars at work) and he has saw quite a few Rattlers. I think he still has a huge snakeskin and a rattle or two at his house.

Old 04-04-2007, 04:21 AM
Range Rover
Location: Central Valley Ca 1.5 hr to the Sierra Mts & 2 hrs to Pismo Beach

I was riding at about 5500 ft in the Sierra mts near my home one day last spring when I came around a corner and saw 3 bear, a moma and 2 cubs. They saw the big 800 comming at them and turned tail and took off running.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Okay NO BEAR stories, thank GOD!
BUT....I kicked up a small herd of
white tails twice in two different riding
areas and on two different occasions. My
nephew a few months back almost ran
over a fox in the field, thats about my
extent to this point, hey thanks for all
the interesting stories what a great
and FUN thread!

R'

Old 04-06-2007, 09:15 AM
Range Rover

I came upon them twice both times I was alone. The first time it was just after the sun went down & I came around a bend on a narrow trail & there was Mr, Bear he didn't move but i sure found reverse in a hurry. The second time the bear was on a straight trail & seen me before I got too close & took off.