Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Sportsman 500HO Dethroned !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2001 | 03:46 AM
Pro Rider

Texmud,
Thanks very much for posting this, I was getting tired of waiting for it to show up in the stores around here.
One thing that people should note from this comparison is how close all the machines were, especially in the drag race. 1/10 of a second is not very much, and won't make much difference in how much work you can get done in the run of a day.
One other comment I would like to make. Someone (I can't remember who) said one of the main reasons they bought a Polaris is because of the resale. I find that very puzzling because they don't seem to hold their value as well as other brands, and they always seem so "used" after only a few months of use. I don't think anyone can honestly say that they are as durable as other quads.

Old 01-04-2001 | 04:38 AM
Trailblazer

I'm not a sport rider so I really dont know what atv is fastes, jumps better, slides easier, corners the best, etc. I like to explore new places and I really like to hunt. I hunt the most remote places I can find, rough, steep, nasty hills, thats where the deer are,where no one can get to.I think I got the best atv for my needs, nothing against the ruby or any other atv. But it never fails to amaze me, When I get to the top of the mountain, I'm always alone!

Old 01-04-2001 | 05:05 AM
Pro Rider

WIscrambler,
I understand what your saying!Dont these idiots understand that untrue comments actually hurt their sales?It absolutly ruins a magazines credability.Im mean,the Xplorer is NOT fast?Compared to what?Where these guys coming from?
Bill

Old 01-04-2001 | 10:50 AM
Pro Rider

Bill, you would think the manufacturers would get upset about false statements.

Old 01-04-2001 | 11:12 AM
Pro Rider

The Suzuki is the second most comfortable to be on all day long?I ride my dad's 500 Suzuki and I would not want to take that for a all day long ride.The Polaris has a too low of a low range for riding down a trail??Who goes down a trail in low range unless your dragging out a moose.Honda found that magical way of making it,s short travle straight axle set up ride like a IRS but Yamaha ,Suzuki and Artic Cat can not with there,s?What Magazine wrote this stuff? It makes Dirtwheels seem intelligent now.

Old 01-04-2001 | 11:54 AM
Pro Rider

The 400 Xplorer will handily beat the SP, I have raced one a few times and it went right by me. As for durability my SP has held up better than any other machine I have owned 1800 miles an nada for repairs can't say the same for the Warrior and the Honda 300 4x4 I had before. people who buy brand new SP's can buy any machine they want there is only one or two machines more expensive. So it is not like i had to buy the SP due to only being able to afford it. I did a couple years of research before jumping back in, i was so dissappointed by my last atv the 1994 Honda 300 4x4 that I vowed to never own another. but after doing some research ( I am a research analysis for a media company) Polaris came out on top. I have owned two and neither of them broke down. They are hands down the best riding and the most capable off road of any machine I have driven or have ridden with. They are tough reliable, good looking, very comfortable extremely capable and just all around fun to own and drive. Magazines are biased simple as that.

Old 01-04-2001 | 01:31 PM
Pro Rider

It plain & simple, when a magazine rates or picks their brand over others people love that magazine. As soon as those magazines pick someone else people are calling the magazines biased, unfair, blah blah blah...........

Old 01-04-2001 | 01:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

Friends, I test rode machines, spend my hard earned money for a machine, the SP500. I'm happy with it, it functions well in the capacity I thought it would. I'm not going to treat my ATV like a computer, and upgrade every six months when the new and faster 'machines' come out. Too much testosterone in this forum at times!

Old 01-04-2001 | 03:52 PM
Pro Rider

Moonme,

As long as your are happy with your ride thats all that matters. Too many people on these forums play the my ATV is better than yours ATV game to much.

REMEMBER the best quad out there is the one your riding!