Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snow racer
any one have a idea of what this could be?
what could be what?

Old 08-13-2011, 04:42 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys the valve guide that I got broke when they were pressing it in but they did give me the money back. then I looked on ebay and found a ton of heads for around 50 bucks so my question is what heads will fit my 1986 suzuki lt230sg quadsport. I found this one but will it fit mine quadsport: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1985-...#ht_500wt_1182

Old 08-13-2011, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The increasing in idle its in the earlyer page

Old 08-13-2011, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by chris111179
Hey guys the valve guide that I got broke when they were pressing it in but they did give me the money back. then I looked on ebay and found a ton of heads for around 50 bucks so my question is what heads will fit my 1986 suzuki lt230sg quadsport. I found this one but will it fit mine quadsport: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1985-Suzuki-230ge-quadrunner-cyilinder-head-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a683a16b5QQitemZ25085 6740533QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_ 500wt_1182
no it wont. you'll be sacrificing a ton of power with that head. any lt230s head will fit. in fact get one off an 88 model. the ports are done smoother in the 1988 model.

trust me if you put a utility 230 head on there your performance is shot in the butt. if you do get one be prepared to put a ton of alumna weld in it to increase the air flow.. the 230ge head has boxy ports unlike the 230s head where its smoother and rounder.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:25 PM
Trailblazer

So any 230 quadsport? pretty much?

Old 08-14-2011, 08:31 AM
Trailblazer

Will the quad-runner head fit it because my dad can port and polish heads so I wouldn't be hesitant to smooth out the ports then port and polish it. I mean how much power can we be taking about this bike wont be raced at a track but it will be trail riden and sometimes raced around the yard I think i'd rather smooth out the ports my self and then polish the exhaust and port the intake

Old 08-14-2011, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by chris111179
Will the quad-runner head fit it because my dad can port and polish heads so I wouldn't be hesitant to smooth out the ports then port and polish it. I mean how much power can we be taking about this bike wont be raced at a track but it will be trail riden and sometimes raced around the yard I think i'd rather smooth out the ports my self and then polish the exhaust and port the intake
i would just stick with an S model head. and you might want to at least put a new intake valve and valve seals in it. if you're buying a used head you might as well put all new seals in it just to make sure there is no oil leaks. and the intake valves are almost always bent, due to people not setting the valve lash right. so just be safe and get an S model head and put a new intake valve and seals in it.

Old 08-14-2011, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider

trailrider, I installed all new bearings in the left case and moved everything over to the left case like you said. It looks like it will be alot easier to install the cases. I have a question though if you dont mind me asking. I have it in neutral, so the sprocket wont move, but my questions are, is your shift drum so hard to turn by hand, because mine is and how do you shift through the gears using the shift drum? Also, mine sounds like something is rubbing together and I looked in the parts diagram and I am not missing any washers between the gears and the left side case, does yours sound like that? Thanks

Old 08-14-2011, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by tomgodair
trailrider, I installed all new bearings in the left case and moved everything over to the left case like you said. It looks like it will be alot easier to install the cases. I have a question though if you dont mind me asking. I have it in neutral, so the sprocket wont move, but my questions are, is your shift drum so hard to turn by hand, because mine is and how do you shift through the gears using the shift drum? Also, mine sounds like something is rubbing together and I looked in the parts diagram and I am not missing any washers between the gears and the left side case, does yours sound like that? Thanks
yeah my shift drum sucked shifting by hand. i used my finger to hold the stopper away from the drum and it made it alot easier to make sure it was going into all gears. and are you sure that you have the drum in the right postion? and do you have the bottom washer that the stopper rides in the right position? because if it is upside down it wont shift right.

i already have my engine back together and breaking it in. it only took me 10 minutes to spread the case sealer and rebolt it together. took about another 20 minutes to seat the piston, retime it, torque the jug nuts down, install a new clutch, and pressure plate. so basically i have an entire new engine and trans and clutch.

sadly the Mistress 2.0 may got up for sale. i may sell it on here or ebay. i have been riding the last 2 days and its not the same after i had my accident. i can still do everything i used to but i just dont know about riding in general. i may just go buy these awsome trail riding 230's restore them and sell them.

so if anyone is interested in my 230 pm me and we'll talk.

Old 08-14-2011, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

Just wondering what stopper you are talking about thats connected to the shift drum? I can shift into neutral and the sprocket doesn't move, and I can shift into gear and the sprocket does move. When I shift into 2nd, am I supposed to hear a click or how is that supposed to work and same for 3rd and 4th and 5th? Also, do you know if the rear bearing carrier is alluminum or steal? I can take pics of the inside if needed.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.