Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 09:22 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

If both quads were built to the hilt, the x should be faster. The s is a few pounds lighter and probably has better shocks. There a lots of 250x parts around and very few 250s parts. I guess it depends on what you want.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

If both quads were built to the hilt, the x should be faster. The s is a few pounds lighter and probably has better shocks. There a lots of 250x parts around and very few 250s parts. I guess it depends on what you want.</end quote></div>

Yeah, I was telling him parts might be sparse. I'll be curious to see what kind of condition its in. Unless its just mint, I don't think he should do it.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

What'd you think of the blaster hood concept?

Old 03-15-2009, 11:33 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: atvman29

What'd you think of the blaster hood concept?</end quote></div>

I'm not sure.... But I don't really have a problem with the stock light either. That metal cage they put over it looks mean (at least mine has it... not sure if they all do). If I did anything, it would be to add a 2nd light in the frame somewhere maybe like malhombre did. But that's only if I did a lot of night riding. At night I put it away and ride the bayou or 250ex, if I ride anything.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

I love night riding; there's just something about flying through the woods in the dark. Plus, I feel safer going fast through trails in the dark because I can see headlights coming easier. We must have had different metal cages.....mine was not too hot looking. lol

What would you want dual lights for? I've still got to figure out what how I want to attach my removable light. I'm thinking wing nuts.

Until I figure it out though, I'll be using my headlight:

http://hunting.about.com/od/hu...r/pr_yukonextreme.htm

Best headlight ever! The Xenon bulb is just stupid bright!

Old 03-16-2009, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider

How many parts from the 90's 230s can be swapped onto the 80s models? Anything improved?

Old 03-16-2009, 10:26 AM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: atvman29

I love night riding; there's just something about flying through the woods in the dark. Plus, I feel safer going fast through trails in the dark because I can see headlights coming easier. We must have had different metal cages.....mine was not too hot looking. lol

What would you want dual lights for? I've still got to figure out what how I want to attach my removable light. I'm thinking wing nuts.

Until I figure it out though, I'll be using my headlight:

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://hunting.about.com/od/hunting/gr/pr_yukonextreme.htm
">http://hunting.about.com/od/hu...ukonextreme.htm
</a>

Best headlight ever! The Xenon bulb is just stupid bright!</end quote></div>

Me n you have tastes like me n my 250s friend. Not a bad thing, just that we like different stuff. I like mustard on my hotdogs, he can't stand mustard but has to have ketchup on a dog.... I'd never dream of bringing ketchup to a cookout unless there's going to be hamburgers. He likes tartar sauce... I can't stand the vile fluid. I like seaford cocktail sauce (horseradish n ketchup) instead. He can eat a plain baked potato, I'd just assume eat a piece of cardboard. His idea of a truck is a car with a bed of it. I wouldn't own a truck unless it 4x4 with big tires. We just like different things.... Sometimes the same, but a lot of the time opposite things. We've been friends for 20 something years!

I'd want dual lights because my bayou has that and so does my friend's king quad. The light on the frame lights up the trail where the quad is heading, but the handlebar light moves side to side where I'm thinking of going. Having them both lights up everything.

The biggest reason I don't ride at night is the neighbors call the police on me. I don't blame them either... That cold, dense air really carries the sound and having no background traffic noise really makes me out to be the neighborhood pain in the ***.

The cage I'm talking about is #2 in this pic http://www.alpha-sports.com/satv/1986/LT230S/25.htm I didn't know #10 was an option. I'm going to have fabricate one of those since its no longer available. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2009, 10:50 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Nevermind.... I found one on ebay. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2009, 11:06 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, that's the same cage I had on mine.

My old co-worker and I had very different styles. He was much more old school and I was a little more modern. He loved hi-lift jacks and jerry-cans and all that jazz, I love LED lights and other more fresh ideas. It was a productive relationship though since we had two completely different mind sets, but it could get frustrating since all my ideas had to go through him. We were good friends though.

And wow, ketchup is a staple of existence in our family. When we go camping in the Boundary Waters (canoe only and backpacking wildlife area up north) we pack in like 3 bottles of ketchup for the 4-5 of us on our 5 day trip! lol!

I wish I had somewhere around my home that I could ride. The closest designated spot to my house is an hour away. Its pretty frustrating.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider

45 degrees here today! Everyone's in shorts and T-shirts! lol Hopefully it stays nice for this weekend when we go riding. I think this will be the first trip on dirt since I patched up my oil leak last fall! I couldn't even keep my feet on the peg that trip since the case was misting oil all over the place. Hasn't lost a drop of oil since my JB patch job though.

I might be picking up this 5hp mini bike this weekend as well, in a trade for my old youth bow:

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.