Old 02-24-2011, 09:32 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for answering the questions trailrider high five lol

heres what im thinking:

stage 1
get a carb that is prefered used
new dg rcm exhaust
new air filter WHAT KIND IS BEST? (FOAM VS PAPER)?????
new pre-filter
fix shifter linkage- less "play"
stage 2
new headlight dual 3.5inch-ers with 20 wt bulb
custom skid plates
front prm bumper
weld pegs to frame eliminating bolts i always bend (LOL)
stage 3
custom paint (powercoat?!? MAYBE)
shock covers
seat cover
colors not sure yet
stage 4
engine work

this is my plan so far....
Um yea atvman do you still have that used carb for sale???I really need a carb cuz my pins are fucked and so is the old carb... thanks

Old 02-24-2011, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

um it was me that had the carb for sale not atvman. but yea i still have it.

Old 02-24-2011, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got another question trailrider...
Is a stock warrior shock gonna be a big improvement over the stock 230 shock? Is there some maintenance involved since it has the resevoir? And just to be sure you were talking about the pilot jet when you said to richen it up a bit at high rpm's? Would moving the circlip on the needle jet help? Thanks so much for bearing with me on this...

Old 02-25-2011, 08:31 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MIsuzukilt230s
Got another question trailrider...
Is a stock warrior shock gonna be a big improvement over the stock 230 shock? Is there some maintenance involved since it has the resevoir? And just to be sure you were talking about the pilot jet when you said to richen it up a bit at high rpm's? Would moving the circlip on the needle jet help? Thanks so much for bearing with me on this...
yeah the warrior shock is awsome. it soaks up the big bumps and makes ramping alot more smoother. if you add a pair of lt250r front shocks to the mix the handling is improved at least 90%.

and you really dont have to mess with the carb. only if the motor cuts out at high rpm. all you really should do if it does cut out, adjust the pilot jet a lil richer. it wont be cuttin out due to lean out like i thought it'll cut out because the bowl doesnt have enough fuel in it. basically it'll be like you're running out of gas. i had to review my notes from my 230 when i was tuning it up. and i wouldn't mess with the throttle needle. i am not much of a carb guy really. i am just going by what i have learned by how Mikuni adjusted my carb.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:39 AM
Pro Rider

[quote=hunter71495;3006688]thanks for answering the questions trailrider high five lol

heres what im thinking:

stage 1
get a carb that is prefered used
new dg rcm exhaust
new air filter WHAT KIND IS BEST? (FOAM VS PAPER)?????
new pre-filter
fix shifter linkage- less "play"
stage 2
new headlight dual 3.5inch-ers with 20 wt bulb
custom skid plates
front prm bumper
weld pegs to frame eliminating bolts i always bend (LOL)
stage 3
custom paint (powercoat?!? MAYBE)
shock covers
seat cover
colors not sure yet
stage 4
engine work

ok here is a mjor problem in your list. the lighting coil in a 230 wont power dual headlights. if you multiply the 20 watt bulb by 2 it will take 40 watts from the lighting coil to power them. here is the problem a 230 stator is only rated fro 55 watts and your going to be using 40 watts just for the headlights, it'll be putting alot of strain on the coil.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:54 AM
Trailblazer

Trailrider,
you remind me of a good qeustion/problem i have with my QS. My headlight and tail light work, but are very VERY dim, and get brighter as i rev. what is the most likely source of the problem? Stator? coil? voltage regulator? Regulator would be the cheapest and easiest fix if that were the problem. What would be the easiest way to test, i have a couple nice multi testers, i just need to know where to be looking and testing. I would like to avoid pulling the side cover off the engine at all costs, as i have problems getting it so seal back up due to chain damage its also just a pain in the *** taking everything apart.

any help would be appreciated, thanks

Old 02-25-2011, 10:27 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by 86zuk
Trailrider,
you remind me of a good qeustion/problem i have with my QS. My headlight and tail light work, but are very VERY dim, and get brighter as i rev. what is the most likely source of the problem? Stator? coil? voltage regulator? Regulator would be the cheapest and easiest fix if that were the problem. What would be the easiest way to test, i have a couple nice multi testers, i just need to know where to be looking and testing. I would like to avoid pulling the side cover off the engine at all costs, as i have problems getting it so seal back up due to chain damage its also just a pain in the *** taking everything apart.

any help would be appreciated, thanks
well 86zuk, i would say your lighting coil is shot. i had the same problem, bought a new lighting coil and now my lights are dim at idle but bright as day at trail speed.

there is really no way of testing the coils unless you pull the mag cover. but at first i would go through all the wires to the headlight and the switch. check for cracks and anything out of the ordinary.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider

yea hunter, you might want to watch the language in the big thread before you get us shut down.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:09 PM
Trailblazer

yea thats what i was afraid of. I dont ever really need the headlight, but i thought it would be nice if i get caught somewhere when its getting dark, or if i decide to sell it (which i have contemplated) it would be better if it worked

Old 02-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

I got a question im sure many of you know what this is it is circled in red.

Attached Thumbnails 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.-img_0003.jpg  

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.