Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't need one. I was just saying that the bearings that I have might work if I had the bushing that rides between the bearings and the bolt. Not the spacers that you are point out in your pictures.

Anyone need a complete set of 250s needle bearings for the front upper and lower arms?

Old 03-12-2012, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

need wiring info on starter,selinode an left side of handle bars,...bout got this thing running right now to get it starting right!

Old 03-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by j_mauld
I don't need one. I was just saying that the bearings that I have might work if I had the bushing that rides between the bearings and the bolt. Not the spacers that you are point out in your pictures.

Anyone need a complete set of 250s needle bearings for the front upper and lower arms?
Are the 250s bearings new? And how much? Thanks

Old 03-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tomgodair
Are the 250s bearings new? And how much? Thanks
Brand new, still in the unopened packs. I sent you a PM.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider

Warning:
Do not purchase cases that looks like this picture on ebay from chinagrove5

I had to go through a long return process and he did not want to give me all my money back, so ebay had to step in. He also claimed that when I returned them, there was nothing wrong with them. They are broken/cracked. Someone filled the cases with red gasket maker on the left side case. I'm assuming he's gonna try and resell them since he claims there is nothing wrong with them so be warned.

If you look closely you can see the red gasket maker.

The two small arows show the breaks/cracks and the long arrow shows the gasket maker. This is the original ebay image that he will probably use to repost it.

Attached Thumbnails 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.-kgrhqn-iee8i-b-hhwbpddil7qh-60_12.jpg   85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.-broken-cases.jpg  
Old 03-13-2012, 12:10 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Warning:
Do not purchase cases that looks like this picture on ebay from chinagrove5

I had to go through a long return process and he did not want to give me all my money back, so ebay had to step in. He also claimed that when I returned them, there was nothing wrong with them. They are broken/cracked. Someone filled the cases with red gasket maker on the left side case. I'm assuming he's gonna try and resell them since he claims there is nothing wrong with them so be warned.

If you look closely you can see the red gasket maker.

The two small arows show the breaks/cracks and the long arrow shows the gasket maker. This is the original ebay image that he will probably use to repost it.
How much did he charge?

Old 03-13-2012, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

About $80 in total including shipping, which is a descrent price. Ive gotten center cases cheaper before with no cracks, so I know there are other deals our there. I was just hoping to find a good set because I have a new 230s crank with a vesrah rod kit and I figured I could build a bottom end with an lt250s trans, lt230 crank/rod, lt250s clutch with good side cases, and then an lt250s cylinder head/cam and I would sell it off to someone who doesn't want to rebuild the bottom end and wants a better engine or keep it as a spare and maybe buy a big bore kit for it later in life, and that engine should fly, I was gonna powdercoat the engine cases and everything, I guess I'll have to find a new set of cases.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

any body tell me where the 2 lil wires go from solenoid switch??

Old 03-13-2012, 12:41 AM
Elite Pro Rider

About $80 in total including shipping, which is a descrent price. Ive gotten center cases cheaper before with no cracks, so I know there are other deals our there. I was just hoping to find a good set because I have a new 230s crank with a vesrah rod kit and I figured I could build a bottom end with an lt250s trans, lt230 crank/rod, lt250s clutch with good side cases, and then an lt250s cylinder head/cam and I would sell it off to someone who doesn't want to rebuild the bottom end and wants a better engine or keep it as a spare and maybe buy a big bore kit for it later in life, and that engine should fly, I was gonna powdercoat the engine cases and everything, I guess I'll have to find a new set of cases.
I was going to do a similar thing at one point. I have the cases. I sold the big bore kit and the mag cover, but I still most have everything else from the engine. Plus I have the 250s tranny gears I bought for the 4th gear upgrade.

Everything you see here lol

Name:  DCP_2758.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  170.9 KB

Name:  DCP_2760.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  150.3 KB

If you need anything, make me a fair offer and I'll send it out. Doubt I'll ever do anything with it. If you're interested, I'll take detailed pics so you know what you're getting.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:47 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by bigcam400
any body tell me where the 2 lil wires go from solenoid switch??
Might be in here somewhere Suzuki LT230S Vault

I never had an electric 230 so I wouldn't know much about the wiring. My guess is they go to the start button. Juice probably goes from the battery, to the key, to the kill switch, to the start button, to the soleniod, and then to ground. I know most starter buttons don't work if the kill switch is off. Tore half a quad apart before looking for a problem when all along the kill switch was off lol

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.