Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 09:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, where do I tuck this hose? Is it a drain or a breather? Looks like a breather to me.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:58 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Hose that big has gotta be the breather. Shove it under the gas tank or behind the engine between the swingarm n frame. Make sure the end is open so the engine can breathe.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider

hey guys, check this out:

YouTube - Starting CBR 600 quad

pretty fancy, but a GSXR600 motor would have been much more appropriate :P

Old 05-22-2009, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

heres another cool one:

YouTube - 1 very fast atv

but once again, not the best motor choice haha

Old 05-22-2009, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

Hey 230sman, while you're here, how did you use the stock bolt on your nerfs? Did you cut down the spacers?

Old 05-22-2009, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

Crazy videos btw!

Old 05-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey everyone, I'm glad I finally found this site!

I recently came into possession of what I now believe is a 1985 Zuk lt230, Shaft-driven. The front plastic is missing all of it stickers except one on the right side that looks like half of a 3, followed by a "0 Shaf" Which I'm assuming used to read LT230 Shaft. The sticker on the front of the frame says it was manufactured in 10/1985.

The problem I'm having is the quad will start but then idles at an extremely high rpm and any gas at all causes it to choke out. I tore the carb apart and pulled the head off, the piston rings are good, valves are good, carb appears to be good.... when I got it, virtually all the fuel lines and hoses were hanging loose, so i'm not even sure I have them all put in the right place. Since this is my first quad and I'm actually just fixing it up for a Wolf Refuge out here in Colorado, I can't afford to go out and buy the book to adjust timing and figure out the hose routing, anyone have a place I could get PDF's of the hose routing or anything else on this fun little beast?

When I last ran it, I kicked it into gear for the sake of argument and it idled around at about 2 MPH and didn't even have enough power to push the bike over a 2x4 laying in front of it.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,
Shen

Old 05-22-2009, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by atvman29
Hey 230sman, while you're here, how did you use the stock bolt on your nerfs? Did you cut down the spacers?
I honestly don't know haha! Maybe I'm missing something that is supposed to bolt on there so I have extra length left over or something, I really don't know. When I got my nerfs I simply didn't like the fact that it was cheap allthread with a nut tack welded on the top to act as a head. So I said "Eh what the heck, I'll try my oem bolt" and it fit perfectly.

Otherwise, the only "mod" I really remember doing to make the nerfs fit was I had to grind down a little tab of some sort on the right side footpeg. Did you have to do the same?

Old 05-22-2009, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Shenlung
Hey everyone, I'm glad I finally found this site!

I recently came into possession of what I now believe is a 1985 Zuk lt230, Shaft-driven. The front plastic is missing all of it stickers except one on the right side that looks like half of a 3, followed by a "0 Shaf" Which I'm assuming used to read LT230 Shaft. The sticker on the front of the frame says it was manufactured in 10/1985.

The problem I'm having is the quad will start but then idles at an extremely high rpm and any gas at all causes it to choke out. I tore the carb apart and pulled the head off, the piston rings are good, valves are good, carb appears to be good.... when I got it, virtually all the fuel lines and hoses were hanging loose, so i'm not even sure I have them all put in the right place. Since this is my first quad and I'm actually just fixing it up for a Wolf Refuge out here in Colorado, I can't afford to go out and buy the book to adjust timing and figure out the hose routing, anyone have a place I could get PDF's of the hose routing or anything else on this fun little beast?

When I last ran it, I kicked it into gear for the sake of argument and it idled around at about 2 MPH and didn't even have enough power to push the bike over a 2x4 laying in front of it.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,
Shen
Hey and welcome the the forum!

Hmmm... Sounds like a vacuum line is mis-routed or leaking (or atleast that could explain some things if it has a CV type carb). If it has a VM type carb, theyre super simple and you might as well toss a rebuild kit in it (~$15). If your valves are adjusted good, and you have good compression and spark, things should only be a matter of adjustments from there on.

Old 05-23-2009, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by lt230sman
I honestly don't know haha! Maybe I'm missing something that is supposed to bolt on there so I have extra length left over or something, I really don't know. When I got my nerfs I simply didn't like the fact that it was cheap allthread with a nut tack welded on the top to act as a head. So I said "Eh what the heck, I'll try my oem bolt" and it fit perfectly.

Otherwise, the only "mod" I really remember doing to make the nerfs fit was I had to grind down a little tab of some sort on the right side footpeg. Did you have to do the same?
hmm that's weird. No I didin't have to trim anything. Almost does seem like we had two different kits!

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.