Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 09:38 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PoolGod230
Should not mess with your well at all, may even improve it, if filtered properly, of course we are talking about a TON of varibles....... a proper mix of lime (high PH) clay (neutral PH) pine needles and or oak (low PH) plus isn't there a lot of sulfer in the water down there? Or is that just an old Ohio memory I have?

What I am trying to get at, through my muddled lil brain, is, water is one big chemical equation, if we do the math properly it will be good to drink, or we do the math another way, it will be great for fish, yet another way, it will carve canyons,, and build mountains at the same time. One of the most destructive yet vital and life giving elements in the world is simple H2O.......... Christ, I am a pool idiot! Read the above for proof!
I don't know about lime, but I have plenty of clay and pine needles. No sulfur. That's OH. Some neighborhoods up there you can smell the rotten egg smell just driving around. I have some of the best water around. Everybody that comes around wants to take jugs of the water home. I don't see what's so special, but they like it nonetheless.

What I was thinking about the well is that the pond is downhill from the well. So, as the pond fills, it would suck water from the table from all the wells that are uphill from it.... Like mine and the neighbors. But I'm not sure. Rain may just fill it and leave the table alone.

Do you guys ever drain ponds to service them? If so, how do you keep them drained? Mine fills back up in minutes it seems and its hard to get any work done. Do you have any suggestions? Currently, I'm pumping the water 200ft away. Do you think that is far enough to keep it from coming back up through the table?

Old 06-07-2009, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

Hey guys, sorry I've been kinda quiet lately! Just been running like a mad man. Up at the cabin this weekend and got some helmet cam videos to come out pretty decent. I'll post them up soon.

In one of them, I'm doing a high speed run on a paved road, and isn't there someway to tell how fast you're going by the lines on the road? Aren't all the stripes the same length? I'll have to look into it.

I put some more washers underneath the rubber pads on the pegs and now they're back to pretty good. Hopefully they don't bend after more riding.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:19 PM
Elite Pro Rider

If you know the frame rate and you have measured something off on the road, you can calculate speed. They do it on mythbusters all the time.

Give me you gear ratios, accurate tire diameter, and choose an engine rpm, and I can tell you how fast you were going.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Trailblazer

Converter

Try this see if it works. It's a generic atv calculator for gear ratios and speeds.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider

Hi all. First post here, im sure it wont be my last. I've always wanted a quad after always having to bum rides off family/friends. To make a long story short, I fell into a gokart, spent some money on engine work and stuff, decided I was to big for it, and traded someone for a 230s. I really like it (once I remove all the pink stickers and crap he put on for his wife ) but it runs like crap. I has a DG pipe on it, but other than that I have no clue whats been done to it. The carb was rebuilt with a kit by the PO. It will start up fine at full choke and idle all day, but as soon as you crack the throttle, it dies. It doesnt matter if you have full choke, half, no choke, or what, its dead. I pulled it off and opened it up, and it has the factory jets in it still. I blew out all the passages with carb cleaner and made sure I installed it tight so there were no intake leaks. I played with the carb and let it run for a while at idle to get it so it would idle with no choke, but it didnt help. I can't even ride it because the RPMS arnt high enough when I put in the clutch. He said its cold blooded and would have to play with the throttle to get it to run at high RPM. It was either idle, dead spot, or high speed. I can't get it to do anything but idle. I checked and the cam timing is correct, and adjusted the valves. No difference. Today I removed the carb, diassembled everything, soaked it in carb cleaner, blew out all the passages with 90 psi and reassembled. No change. I checked the spark at the plug, and it looks kind of orange and weak. I'm thinking spark is good enough at low RPMS's, but once you crack the throttle and put more gas through it, it can't keep up? Plug is black, but it does not smoke or smell like it is running rich.

Sorry for going long! I did order a service manual for it, but it wont be here for a few days and I want to ride now!!

Old 06-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Range Rover

it may sound to simple to make a difference but the air filter seems like the only thing you havent checked.

on mine i couldnt get it to idle always too high or dead. i was woreking on it with the hose to the air box off...i put that on and it made a big difference, but it still wasnt right. then i noticed that it didnt have the foam pre-filter on so i got one of those and wha-la runs like a champ!!

with yours having the dg exhaust it might need more air that its getting...try playing around with your air filter/air box set up.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by lOOtin LeNNy
it may sound to simple to make a difference but the air filter seems like the only thing you havent checked.

on mine i couldnt get it to idle always too high or dead. i was woreking on it with the hose to the air box off...i put that on and it made a big difference, but it still wasnt right. then i noticed that it didnt have the foam pre-filter on so i got one of those and wha-la runs like a champ!!

with yours having the dg exhaust it might need more air that its getting...try playing around with your air filter/air box set up.
I tried running it without the airbox connected just to see, what would happen with no restrictions, and it didnt make a difference.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Hate to sound like a broken record, but did you change the plug and move the needle clip around???

Old 06-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Pro Rider

Yes moved clip, am getting a new plug tomorow. I found the wiring harness has been hacked into it as well, so now I need a diagram for an 87 kick-start 230s.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider

If you moved the clip and it didn't run any different, your carb is a either REALLY out of whack or you have another problem besides the carb. A new plug may be the ticket. Happens to my bayou all the time.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.