Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

well found my problem.....broken valve spring.....was checking valve adjustment pokin around and pushing on rocker one was a lil rough to push other easy puller top cover and sure enough ....Anyone know where i could get a set of springs??????I got these offline they were from a company called big als,and im guessing they were less than quality

Old 05-27-2007, 10:24 PM
BigMc
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well.................!
Its good to see this thing has gone on without me.
Put my new axle and hubs on today. Took about 30 minutes to install. I had no idea that there was so much slack in the drive train.

Will get the pics on as soon as I can.

You guy's have a safe weekend.

BigMc.

Old 05-29-2007, 04:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I had the LT out at the trach Sunday for the day. It was a challenge for the little thing at furst due to the muddy conditions, but once my friend and I got a line in all the way a round it held its own just fine. I deffinately was pushing the machine to the limits as far as revs and suspension go. Bottomed it out quite a few times, and in the thick mud while revving to get out, my chain jumped a couple of times. All and all I would say I pushed it harder than a lot of guys with new machines and it did not leave me stranded. One guy with a new LT450R had to leave early when he came back with out a pipe! WTF, how does a new machine lose a pipe?

Old 05-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

I'll tell you what, I don't care what those "other guys" say, for the money there is no ther quad out that can take the flogging, and abuse and neglect that the 230 can take. The seem to thrive on the abuse!! I used to love to be the one pulling the $7000 machines back to their trucks!!! Like BigMc says "don't trash it, thrash it"

Old 05-29-2007, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

yup i feel the harder you beat on it the longer it lasts. i love the looks you get on a dated machine when pass a brand new broke down quad

Old 05-30-2007, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider

IVE PULLED MY SHARE OF MACHINES MUCH NEWER THAN MINE[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-30-2007, 08:37 PM
BigMc
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok. Ive got to share this one. It would be ashamed to let it slide.

My weekend. By BigMc

All right, a 3 day weekend. Saturday I did nothing. Watched The Power Block and drank adult beverages, Grilled up some baby backs and bakers.
Sunday the new Durablue axle went on. Straight forward, no suprises. I backed it out of the shop, took the caliper loose, rotor, etc. etc. and put the new one on in reverse order.
Then I give it a good wash and loaded it on the trailer for Monday.
Axle worked great, more stable than I would of thought for a "stock length" axle but all is well.
Back home that evening, a quik spray down to remove the DUST that had settled on it, and up the hill to the storage shed.
As I pull it up into the shed (as ive done countless times) I give it a quick clutch to lighten the front enough to clear the step up, just when I think Im home free the rear tires WEGE into the jamb and start to climb the door frame. Before I could pull in the cluth the machine bogged down and quit.......... half way up an 8ft opening.
Ohhh, it gets better.
Some how I held on and did not get thrown headlong into the next machine.
At that point I climbed off and tried to pull it out of the door opening. I guess you cold say it was jambed in the jamb[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]..........................sorry.
Once I was able to crawl UNDER the machine and out of the shop I had to let all the air out of the rears and pry the quad loose of the opening.
Needless to say, door remodeling is on my short list for Saturday. I cant get my 230 out until then.
I still need to figure out what has happened, but I dont think the axle is "stock length".

"If you cant laugh at yourself, your not allowed to laugh at others"

BigMc

Quote of unknown origin. If no one charges me with purjury, then its mine.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:32 PM
Range Rover

Hey BigMC, I bought a "stock length" Durablue axle last year & had it actually been stock it would have fit in my truck no problem. Turns out it was a +2" and now I have to wedge it in to get it to fit. Maybe you have the same problem? In any case, it sure has taken a beating better than the stocker..

Old 05-30-2007, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

I am with you brother. My stock length dura blue is 1.5in wider than stock! which is kinda cool cause that is the width I was lookin for! thought I settled for stock!

At least you drove yours into the jam! I am still pushing mine![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Sad, I have about 6-8 hours of work to git er done, but with literally, 10-20 minutes every other night of garage time, if that........... Please, somebody smart do the math for me...........

Keep typing fellas! you all are about the only thing keeping me goin!

Old 05-30-2007, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider

While I'm here........... Any of ya all know of a hotter ignition set up?? what the hell, i've messed with just about everything else, might as well screw with this as well... If so, what are the details and where do I get it?

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.