This might help:

Name:  jet-chart.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  201.6 KB

Old 06-08-2009, 11:03 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bashr52
The clip holds the needle in place? Do you just push or pull on the clip to move the needle higher or lower?
Its an e-clip. I just put the clip against a hard surface like the frame or something and push the needle. The clip will pop right off. Make sure it doesn't fly across the garage though! I usually put my finger on it.

Its probably on the middle clip. Move the clip higher to make the carb leaner. Lower is richer, of course. Putting washers under it can make it even richer.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

Just put some of those helmet cam vids on the site if you guys want to check them out.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

Websites been nice and steady lately! Almost 650 hits!

Attached Files
Old 06-09-2009, 02:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and picked up an 85 or 86 LT230 Shaft drive tonight. It's been beaten around, but I only paid $175 for it and it runs and drives. It smokes some under load, and is missing a few parts, but I think it will be a good runner once I do some work to it. I did have one issue though that is bothering me. While I was riding, I was in either third or fourth gear and I went to downshift, only to have the thing act like it was in neutral. After a few seconds, I heard a clunk, and I could move again, but it would have less power. I also couldn't get it to go into neutral or reverse. It almost acts as if its getting caught between gears or something. Once you mess around with it for a while, it will go back into neutral, and when you shift into first it will be back at full power again. I checked out the website mentioned above and noticed the fix for the worn shifter linkage... could this be my problem? I didn't have a whole lot of time to diagnose it tonight, but I'd appreciate any help. The odometer reads about 3800 miles... not really sure if that is a lot of miles or not for an atv, but I would think it is.

Old 06-09-2009, 08:36 AM
Pro Rider

Anyone have the box their oil filter came in? Looking for the manufacturer/part number so I can try and cross refrence something here. Or does anyone just know what filters will fit?

Thanks

Old 06-09-2009, 10:42 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by atvman29
Just put some of those helmet cam vids on the site if you guys want to check them out.
That hard landing one new? That was a HARD landing!

I'm going to have to look into those helmet cams. Pretty cool!

Old 06-09-2009, 10:46 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by bashr52
Anyone have the box their oil filter came in? Looking for the manufacturer/part number so I can try and cross refrence something here. Or does anyone just know what filters will fit?

Thanks
Tusk First Line Oil Filter | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Old 06-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by toadson
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and picked up an 85 or 86 LT230 Shaft drive tonight. It's been beaten around, but I only paid $175 for it and it runs and drives. It smokes some under load, and is missing a few parts, but I think it will be a good runner once I do some work to it. I did have one issue though that is bothering me. While I was riding, I was in either third or fourth gear and I went to downshift, only to have the thing act like it was in neutral. After a few seconds, I heard a clunk, and I could move again, but it would have less power. I also couldn't get it to go into neutral or reverse. It almost acts as if its getting caught between gears or something. Once you mess around with it for a while, it will go back into neutral, and when you shift into first it will be back at full power again. I checked out the website mentioned above and noticed the fix for the worn shifter linkage... could this be my problem? I didn't have a whole lot of time to diagnose it tonight, but I'd appreciate any help. The odometer reads about 3800 miles... not really sure if that is a lot of miles or not for an atv, but I would think it is.
I don't know much about the transmissions, but it could be the linkage. Not sure.

3800 miles isn't much for a 20yr old atv. That's only 190 a year on average which works out to be about 1/2 mile a day.... Which is only 2640 feet.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

Just installed a brand new plug, and tried moving the clip all the way up and down and there is no difference in the way it runs. Will only run from full to half choke, beyond that it dies right out at idle. Will still die with throttle no matter where the choke is. Ignition problem possibly?

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.