Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 12:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the cat is anything like the briggs, I can expect the starter solenoid to suddenly stop functioning, the rocker arms to suddenly loosen and drop a push rod into the engine, and to begin smoking suddenly and to the point that a plug fouls daily! Not to mention the air-cleaner assembly that had a gap in it nearly big enough for a pencil to pass... Letting in who knows how much dust before I discovered the gap while searching for the reason it won't start. The engine is only 1 year old and cost over $700!

However, I have a Japanese made Bayou that I cannot understand how it doesn't smoke from all the abuse it takes hauling loads of dirts around all day in the heat. And how the valves don't rattle out.... The starter did stop working once. I put new brushes in it. I had the parts laying around, so no big deal. Not like its something the line worker or engineer did... It just wore out from lots of use and heat.

I also have a Ranger that is Fixed Or Repaired Daily it seems. One friend just got a new Ford truck and didn't have it a month before a spark plug blew out the engine. Other buddy got a new Ford and the heater core goes out. We spent most of a day taking the ENTIRE inside out of that truck to access the heater core. From an engineering perspective, I wasn't impressed by anything I saw that day.

However, I had a Toyota with 246,000 miles that at a moment's notice I wouldn't be affraid to drive to anywhere on the continent! Its hard to beat the Japanese work ethic.

Its seems American made motorcycles, cars, and women all require lots of maintenance to function something close to properly.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:08 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by atvman29
The fat cat, although I think Briggs is over in 'Sconsin.

Speaking of Wisconsin, what the hell happened to ugly???
Been wondering the same thing.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:10 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Here it is: (Nobody better go ****** it on me now!)

I'm sure it would be considerably faster than what you have now.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:13 AM
Elite Pro Rider

WTF is with that grab bar though??? Dam!!
Hittin the sauce a bit tonight?

You're right though, that grab bar does look goofy.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by JustRandy
Been wondering the same thing.
Maybe he finally moved. Malhombre also disappeared, and he left on kind of a crazy note!

Old 06-13-2009, 12:19 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Randy, you seen the early release 2010 T-Cat in the Mud Pro's metallic green? Looks pretty sexy.

Sorry about my explosions of posts the last few nights.
I saw the 09 ones... Back when I was shopping for the TC. The mudpro is cool. Its all done up for the mud, and has the factory warranty. Can't get that in any other quad.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:23 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Maybe he finally moved. Malhombre also disappeared, and he left on kind of a crazy note!
I've noticed some of the OP's come n go in spurts. Everybody else hangs for a while and suddenly splits, never to be seen again.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider

Hittin the sauce a bit tonight?

You're right though, that grab bar does look goofy.
lol, nah, I'm not into the sauce or any stuff like that. Just got a case of the Fridays and I'm a little pumped about this deal.

Do you know if a dealership would let me pay for that wheeler in like three installments, once a month w/o paying extra junk? I have enough cash, but it'd be nice to not dump it all right away.

I wonder how many people said "What's wrong with the TV?" tonight??

Old 06-13-2009, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

I saw the 09 ones... Back when I was shopping for the TC. The mudpro is cool. Its all done up for the mud, and has the factory warranty. Can't get that in any other quad.
Have you checked out the new 2010 Can-Ams? Their new XT-P models w/ power steering, have upgraded magnetos pushing 650 watts!! That's nuckin futs! You could run a small house on that thing!

Old 06-13-2009, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

If the cat is anything like the briggs, I can expect the starter solenoid to suddenly stop functioning, the rocker arms to suddenly loosen and drop a push rod into the engine, and to begin smoking suddenly and to the point that a plug fouls daily! Not to mention the air-cleaner assembly that had a gap in it nearly big enough for a pencil to pass... Letting in who knows how much dust before I discovered the gap while searching for the reason it won't start. The engine is only 1 year old and cost over $700!

However, I have a Japanese made Bayou that I cannot understand how it doesn't smoke from all the abuse it takes hauling loads of dirts around all day in the heat. And how the valves don't rattle out.... The starter did stop working once. I put new brushes in it. I had the parts laying around, so no big deal. Not like its something the line worker or engineer did... It just wore out from lots of use and heat.

I also have a Ranger that is Fixed Or Repaired Daily it seems. One friend just got a new Ford truck and didn't have it a month before a spark plug blew out the engine. Other buddy got a new Ford and the heater core goes out. We spent most of a day taking the ENTIRE inside out of that truck to access the heater core. From an engineering perspective, I wasn't impressed by anything I saw that day.

However, I had a Toyota with 246,000 miles that at a moment's notice I wouldn't be affraid to drive to anywhere on the continent! Its hard to beat the Japanese work ethic.

Its seems American made motorcycles, cars, and women all require lots of maintenance to function something close to properly.
My cousin's working on finally scrapping his 88 F-150. He said he was to the point where just about any fair size bump (and MN is the pothole capital of the world) was breaking a body mount somewhere on the truck! I think his odometer read about 520,000 though! That's an old truck for up here in rust land.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.