Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 09:22 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lOOtin LeNNy
your no idiot...just something you over looked...it was when you kept talking about the throttle that got me thinking...as long asd nothing got messed up by the oversight then no harm...no foul

I pulled my 100w floodlights out and already made the necessary adjustments - just didn't kick it over. The throttle miraculously rotates through its full range of motion now....

As another member mentioned as well, I need to be mindful of the break-in period after installing the new rings. The thing couldn't have run more than 45-50secs since I replaced them, but at 3/4 throttle each time....who knows how long it'll be before I'm in there again replacing things...

I can't wait to get out there and kick it over and hear it run normally. I'm also going to take some time tomorrow and tighten up the wiring a bit. I was looking through the wiring diagram at the back of the manual and it looks pretty straightforward (much like the carb/throttle slide did...).

It can be frustrating at times but there sure is no better way to learn. I know one thing I'll NEVER do again with a carb!

Thanks again and I'll get a post up tomorrow if/when I can report back with good news.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:25 PM
BigMc
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by atvman29
congrats man! PG is around every once in a while, by the way.

You should check out the website in my sig, you'll be proud!
Sounds like a plan.

Thanks atvman29.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:27 PM
Range Rover

Good call on the throttle lenny! Hope it works out for you sdunlimited.
i think i might have done it the first time i took mine apart but noticed it wasnt going all the way in. but the cable was what gave it away to me this time.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:29 PM
Range Rover

congrats to you BigMc!!!!
and thanks for starting this thread too!!!

Old 08-17-2009, 09:47 PM
BigMc

congrats man! PG is around every once in a while, by the way.

You should check out the website in my sig, you'll be proud!
Proud? Proud does not describe it. I had no idea you guys were still here, much less spreading the word.

This is cool.
Can you use pics and info on lengthening the swingarm? I can send pics.

Keep-em-alive

BigMc

Old 08-17-2009, 09:52 PM
BigMc

Originally Posted by lOOtin LeNNy
congrats to you BigMc!!!!
and thanks for starting this thread too!!!
All I did was ask a question. You guys make it work.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by BigMc
Proud? Proud does not describe it. I had no idea you guys were still here, much less spreading the word.

This is cool.
Can you use pics and info on lengthening the swingarm? I can send pics.

Keep-em-alive

BigMc
PLEASE send me anything you've got. I'll PM you my email. I'm sure you kind of saw the format we have it in, but I can make whatever you can get me to work.

I just put it in the what's new section, but the site has 2000 hits from 17 different countries! Its only been live since May!

Old 08-18-2009, 03:42 PM
Range Rover

That shaft came out on me too when I was changing my cable. I just about had a stroke! Mine would just lift all the way out pretty easily as well.
yea theres a little oh ring that holds it in place, i was shitting bricks when mine come out but i guess its a good thing ive decided to replace the whole clutch system, might as well since i have it all apart

Old 08-18-2009, 04:59 PM
Range Rover

does any of you guys know a good site to get specs for bikes i have a 78 kawasaki MC1M 90 but i was told it was bored out and i need the specs cause i already measured the cyclinder and now i just need to compare.

Old 08-18-2009, 05:38 PM
Trailblazer
Default High Pulsing Rev FIXED!!! Runs like a champ

Well, a slightly beleaguered champ, but nothing a little carb tuning can't fix!

It was 100% my error putting in that throttle slide 180 degrees from how it's supposed to sit in the carb. I knew something was obviously not right but I couldn't figure it out! Thanks Lenny for the tip.

The thing kicked over on the first try and began a nice, slightly higher than standard, idle. I also took the time to get the wiring in order. Fortunately it's all there and in relatively good shape so everything now works which is cool.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in with helpful advice. I'll definitely be back here frequently and hopefully help out where I can. Once this quad's back together I'll get a better photo of it and post it in the garage. It's not pretty but it's ceratainly beginning to run better than it has!

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.