Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 03:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rescuediver

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Trasher

It took 5 hours to get to San Luis Obispo and 6 to get back. I can't see dragging the trailer up there when Glamis is 2 hours away down here[IMG][/IMG]

It is a bit odd not having my son around but it think he will enjoy his time at school.

Moving him in was a trip. Most of the other kids had the normal stuff- computer, clothes, Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word , school supplies. My son was a bit "better prepared to study"

He brought:

Golf clubs, shoes, shirts ,etc

Back pack, tent, camping supplies, etc

Fishing poles and gear (fresh and salt water)

2 surf boards, wet suits, etc

Bike

skateboard

Desh top and lap top computer

Surround sound stereo system

Yes, junior is really set up for a full college experience. Hopefully, he will be able to fit in some time to go to class and study every now and then[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

fish tank (for the chicks) (it's working so I'm told)[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Yes, but you get to have Thanksgiving with your son[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG] LOL! Fortunately for us, it's only a 4.5 hr drive.

Sounds like he is going to like his college experience and get an education too! For a Physical Therapist[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG] LOL!</end quote></div>

He went surfing today with some chick he just met up there. That didn't take too long[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Elec. eng

Old 09-14-2007, 02:33 AM
Quad Patrol

Not at all[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Tell him to leave the golf clubs in the closet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

That's right up Skinner's alley[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

That's where my daughter hopes to go; as a Architectural Eng.

Old 09-14-2007, 12:09 PM
Pro Rider

My other older son might be going there next year also. It's a pretty cool school.
This year they had 34000 apps and accepted only 4000 students[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 09-19-2007, 01:09 AM
Quad Patrol

Took the PSD in the other day, wouldn't turn over[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Alternator went out after 147,000 miles. However, when they diagnosed the electrical system the wizards failed to test the batteries[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] So, 3 days later, it won't turn over again[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] took it back to the dealer and was told that one battery was dead and the other was almost gone too! Dealer replaced both at no charge[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Saved me a few dollars[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-19-2007, 01:13 AM
Quad Patrol

Updated my pictures[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Even have some goodies for the FBK thread[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-19-2007, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider

Took the PSD in the other day, wouldn't turn over[img][/img] Alternator went out after 147,000 miles. However, when they diagnosed the electrical system the wizards failed to test the batteries[img][/img][img][/img] So, 3 days later, it won't turn over again[img][/img] took it back to the dealer and was told that one battery was dead and the other was almost gone too! Dealer replaced both at no charge[img][/img] Saved me a few dollars[img][/img]</end quote></div>

Kinda wierd they replaced the alternator because it won't turn over. batterys turn it over, then the alternator re-chsarge the batterys.
Recharging both batterys in full and then load testing them should have been the first thing to do. Go figure............[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] The alternator was probably more money[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 09-19-2007, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider

Updated my pictures[img][/img] Even have some goodies for the FBK thread[img][/img]</end quote></div>

Sweet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I don't get the one pic with the quad flipped over. The trail looked pretty tame right there. Maybe I am missing something[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I tend to do that alot[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-19-2007, 04:09 PM
Quad Patrol

Took the PSD in the other day, wouldn't turn over[IMG][/IMG] Alternator went out after 147,000 miles. However, when they diagnosed the electrical system the wizards failed to test the batteries[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG] So, 3 days later, it won't turn over again[IMG][/IMG] took it back to the dealer and was told that one battery was dead and the other was almost gone too! Dealer replaced both at no charge[IMG][/IMG] Saved me a few dollars[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Kinda wierd they replaced the alternator because it won't turn over. batterys turn it over, then the alternator re-chsarge the batterys.

Recharging both batterys in full and then load testing them should have been the first thing to do. Go figure............[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif" border="0[/IMG] The alternator was probably more money[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

They were about a wash give or take a few $$$. I think they didn't charge me because they could of easily diagnosed both of them as bad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and really taken me to the cleaners[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]but because they only bothered to check the alternator and I was technically stranded a few days later, the service rider I deal with took care of me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] atleast that's how I am looking at it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. So, now I have a new alternator and 2 new batteries for the price of the alternator. I think I can live with that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-19-2007, 04:16 PM
Quad Patrol

Updated my pictures[IMG][/IMG] Even have some goodies for the FBK thread[IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Sweet[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif" border="0[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif" border="0[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border="0[/IMG]

I don't get the one pic with the quad flipped over. The trail looked pretty tame right there. Maybe I am missing something[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif" border="0[/IMG] I tend to do that alot[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

LOL!!

No, It's not you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] the thing that is missing is the end of the sentence, it was cut off[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] What it should say was there was a BFR or translated ( big freaking rock[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) in the trail that she hit doing around 30mph. It was funny watching her at first, I thought she was doing some trick riding[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] but then, she just layed it down. She was mad at me because I blew past her and wanted to save the quad from going down the side of the mountain[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] there was a good drop-off to the right. Luckily it went left and over turned as you see it.

Old 09-19-2007, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

I hope she didn't get hurt during her "trick riding demo"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Have her try a ramp next time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel