Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: TPR
Thanks,
My main goals are...

1) Moderate increase in power.
2) Reduced EGT temps.
3) Better sound...more of that turbo whistle.
4) Keep it warranty legal.

Prolly go 4" with a 5" SS tip.

Thought about using an intake box, but after reading several diesel forums, found that the stocker with a K&N works real well and keeps dirt out better.

No programmer either. While I liked the power it made for the 7.3, I got nervous each time I took it in to get the oil line to the turbo replaced...twice. Actually 3 times, but it first happened pre-programmer. Then by bro-in-law bought the truck, had the programmer stolen and had to trade it in instead of keeping it because the warranty would have been void.

TPR
K&N is BAD MOJO!!!!
Unless theyve changed it that things sucks LOTS of dirt..

Old 10-25-2006, 06:11 PM
TPR
The Champ

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Thanks,
My main goals are...

2) Reduced EGT temps.

Thought about using an intake box, but after reading several diesel forums, found that the stocker with a K&N works real well and keeps dirt out better.

No programmer either. While I liked the power it made for the 7.3, I got nervous each time I took it in to get the oil line to the turbo replaced...twice. Actually 3 times, but it first happened pre-programmer. Then by bro-in-law bought the truck, had the programmer stolen and had to trade it in instead of keeping it because the warranty would have been void.

TPR
K&N is BAD MOJO!!!!
Really???

My bro-in-law had one installed in the stock airbox and didn't have a problem....if there is another OEM replacement out there that is better than stock and keeps out more dirt than K&N in the stock box, I'm all ears.

TPR

Old 10-25-2006, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider

They flow a lot of air but your right, pretty weak filtering. Their micron rating is not the best by far......

Old 10-25-2006, 06:27 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

You know we have this retarded woman trying to take dave rickerts spot in congress.. she seems to believe the bush tax cuts keep the wealthy from payin their share.. 35% isn't enough when a poor bastard pay10% or less. WTF.. how is that fair i say. Irregardless of moneys made If joe pays 10% so should Sam. and thats fair.. Not just cuz you make more you pay a higher percentage.. Because you make more at the same percentage you will pay more. but proportionally its the same to the individuals earning power.. How is that so hard to comprehend for people. It absolutly pisses me off the garbage that is spewed.

Old 10-25-2006, 06:37 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

another thing that pisses me off is this child tax chit.. No breaks for you people with kids. DAMMIT. you chose to have em now pay for them yourself. Im sick of sending them to school [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2006, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider

'oh come on now. It makes them "feel good' spewing that trash[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

I got one going to College next year. Wanna donate???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2006, 07:16 PM
TPR
The Champ

Hey, I get to pay my Mello Roos taxes for all the local schools where I live now. Got Torrey Pines High, Cathedral High School (Private) and Canyon Crest Academy all within a mile of my house, and they are building the new elementry school next to my tract...

Trasher, what part of SD do you live? I'm up in the Pacific Highlands Ranch, between Del Mar and Carmel Mountain.

TPR

Old 10-25-2006, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

'bout 10 minutes from you in PQ[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2006, 07:42 PM
TPR
The Champ

Originally posted by: Trasher
'bout 10 minutes from you in PQ[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Yep just down the 56!!!

PQ is a nice area.

TPR

Old 10-26-2006, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Thanks,
My main goals are...

2) Reduced EGT temps.

TPR
K&N is BAD MOJO!!!!
Really???

My bro-in-law had one installed in the stock airbox and didn't have a problem....if there is another OEM replacement out there that is better than stock and keeps out more dirt than K&N in the stock box, I'm all ears.

TPR
Basically unless your just dying to throw money away, the stock Donaldson filter is the best system going. Unless you have extreme mods (more than just a chip and tuner) you will not see any performance gains.

The only way to increase air flow is to decrease filtration. This is a basic fact of physics, no matter what the slick advertising by the aftermarket air filter manufactures say.

By replacing the factory air intake with and aftermarket system you risk premature engine wear and failure do to dusting.

Read the facts and then make your own decision, it is your money and truck.

Hope this helps
And a link to read. Clicky!

There!

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel