Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 12:26 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: Trasher
Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarriorLet's hope he isn't spending our bonuses. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
After spending all that money I would look for coal in your stocking this year [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Well, we've got cash to spend. So we also just dropped $4K on a new copier/fax/scanner/printer. That we're really needing. The existing copier is on life support. Even the techs say don't fix it, just replace it.

On a good note he did ask the office manager for the past 3 years of bonus information. That's always a good thing. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] He needs to take the highest of those amounts. Not he avg. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Last year was a lean year.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 12-01-2006, 01:39 AM
Range Rover

Regardless of the size of your power stroke; it's a great motor. It's not the motor you may have problems with. Everyone knows (even if their brand byias) the simple little 5.9 Cummins is the true Turque monster. All you have to do is look at that National Diesal Truck drag competition to notice that it's 90% Dodge Cumins. But not to bag, all of my friends have the powerstroke and their all very happy. Can't talk about the DuraMax because knowbody I know has one. But I am curious about the famed Allison Trans, which is an available option.

And for all you Diesal owners who have chips ! Please tell me you have zero problems ? I hav'nt found a single person yet who hasn't suffered some form of complication or break from ANY chip addition.

04 Dodge 4X4 Crew/Long Bed
Flowmaster
K&N Direct Intake

Ride hard and be safe !

Old 12-01-2006, 08:40 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Good morning PSD! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Ive been kinda busy with the new job and all.

Good deal about the Pismo trip RD! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Im not to sure about Christmas bonus's at the new job, well see.

Im going to Twaine Harte this weekend with the wife, Things have sort of settled down and we need to get away. The boys were going to go, but now its just then wife and I. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] All alone in the mountains. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-01-2006, 10:30 AM
Trailblazer

My dad had a 7.3 crew with a 6 speed hauled the big work trailer with a new holland skid loader and other tractors on it no problem. The turbo took a little while to kick in with a stick then a auto, but a blast to drive.

Old 12-01-2006, 12:22 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: 1128633636
Regardless of the size of your power stroke; it's a great motor. It's not the motor you may have problems with. Everyone knows (even if their brand byias) the simple little 5.9 Cummins is the true Turque monster. All you have to do is look at that National Diesal Truck drag competition to notice that it's 90% Dodge Cumins. But not to bag, all of my friends have the powerstroke and their all very happy. Can't talk about the DuraMax because knowbody I know has one. But I am curious about the famed Allison Trans, which is an available option.

And for all you Diesal owners who have chips ! Please tell me you have zero problems ? I hav'nt found a single person yet who hasn't suffered some form of complication or break from ANY chip addition.

Flowmaster
K&N Direct Intake

Ride hard and be safe !
Any motor or drive train will have issues crop up the more power you make it put out. I'm sure Ford/Navistar, GM/Isuzu and Dodge/Cummins could pump the hell out of their motors and put some impressive numbers out (look at the guys who do serious dragging (1200ft/lbs)) but they wouldn't be reliable.

It's going to be very interesting with the '08s and newer how they are going to fair with chips. Some stuff I saw is that you're not going to be able to chip them and not have problems or get caught. Rumour is also CA may start smog testing them as well (and I'm sure they would work with the big three to find the tell tale signs of chips.)

Old 12-01-2006, 12:23 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Good morning PSD! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Ive been kinda busy with the new job and all.

Good deal about the Pismo trip RD! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Im not to sure about Christmas bonus's at the new job, well see.

Im going to Twaine Harte this weekend with the wife, Things have sort of settled down and we need to get away. The boys were going to go, but now its just then wife and I. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] All alone in the mountains. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Alone...in the mountains... If the trailer is a rockin, don't come a knockin.

Old 12-01-2006, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider

11283636.... I've had a mild 50-60HP chip in my PSD for the past 70,000 miles (6-7 years), and I haven't had a problem. I had to duct tape it to the computer box because on rough bumpy logging roads it would rattle it just enuf to loosen it and then it'd run rough. Once I insured it was snugly attached, it's never given me a problem. I've done no other power mods (no exhaust, etc..).

Old 12-02-2006, 02:53 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1128633636

Flowmaster
K&N Direct Intake

Ride hard and be safe !
No problems here on mah pops truck running a predator..

Old 12-04-2006, 02:21 AM
Pro Rider

Got the machines out this weekend to do a little service on them. Been a while since I rode them but we're going to the desert in 2 weeks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] One of the holeshots were flat so I might throw in some tire slime since I couldn't find a hole anywhere. There was silme in there before I changed them so maybe the rim leaks a bit.

Went out and drove the little white ball around and spanked my son's behind by shooting a 78 on the very hard par 72 course. I was pulling shots out my rear all day long [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I really wish I could play like that all the time.

Old 12-10-2006, 01:40 AM
Pro Rider

Well I finally got the clutch cover recall taken care of.. Nothing like a free oil change. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] The bike has even less scratches now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel