Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 04:22 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: rescuediver

Agree with Skinner, don't use 2x10's[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] old neighbor did that and it was ugly, you could actually watch them flex as he rode up them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] plus there unless you put safety chains on them, you run the risk of them coming on the tailgate. Check out Harbor Freight they have aluminum ones chaeper than the dealers. When I use mine, I too just toss them under the quads. (of course, don't forget to strap them down[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])
I definitely wasnt goiing to ride them into the truck, just push them up the ramp. (Ive got a great loading of a dirt bike story if anyone is interested). I quit riding dirt bikes into the truck over 2 decades ago.

Old 01-15-2007, 04:23 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

PS01, so I guess its cold, but no snow yet. Bummer.

Old 01-16-2007, 01:16 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: mywifesquad

Agree with Skinner, don't use 2x10's[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] old neighbor did that and it was ugly, you could actually watch them flex as he rode up them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] plus there unless you put safety chains on them, you run the risk of them coming on the tailgate. Check out Harbor Freight they have aluminum ones chaeper than the dealers. When I use mine, I too just toss them under the quads. (of course, don't forget to strap them down[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])
I definitely wasnt goiing to ride them into the truck, just push them up the ramp. (Ive got a great loading of a dirt bike story if anyone is interested). I quit riding dirt bikes into the truck over 2 decades ago.
I think I've heard that one before... LOL

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 01-16-2007, 02:13 AM
Quad Patrol

Hello MWQ[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Haven't picked a weekend yet. Is that weekend President's Day Weekend?

My commuter gets roughly 12.9 mpg[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Hi RD! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Yes that would be pres weekend.

I guess I could commute the F350......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

That weekend is a no go for me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Going under the knife for a little in and out surgery[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

And I thought my mpg was bad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-16-2007, 02:21 AM
Quad Patrol

Found out it can be done fairly cheap[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] They even have a couple threads on how to do it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] along with which digital thermometer to buy at wally world, home depot or lowes. All for the price of around $25[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Some guys were saying the analog thermometer can be off as much as 15 degrees before the switch recognizes that it needed to kick on the heater. Guess that might be why if you put ours up to 90 degrees[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] it might kick on[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Depending on your thermometer type, you only might need to hook up 2-4 wires. Might tackle this project this weekend.
That sounds like something I will do when mine stops working. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I didn't tackle this project this weekend. Finished putting in the new floor, layed down some silicone and fished out a bolt I dropped down the toilet when I was putting in the new toilet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Then to top it off, as I was taking the trailer back to where I store it, it (trailer) decided that it didn't like the tread on one of the "brand new tires"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] and bubbled big time. Fortunately I saw it before it went kaboom!!! The old owner (my friend) came and helped me change the tire out, he said he would have it pro-rated at Big "O" because they are relatively new[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I told him thanks, but no thanks! I didn't want the same type of tire and that I was going to replace all the tires with a true trailer tire not a Big "O" LT tire. I still haven't fixed the damage from the blow out I had during Thanksgiving.

Old 01-16-2007, 02:23 AM
Quad Patrol

Age will do that to you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I would mount a portable winch in the back and use that instead[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] That's how I loaded our quads on to the rack I built.

Old 01-18-2007, 04:22 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

I think I've heard that one before... LOL
Im pretty sure it was told in the Zone a time or 2.

Old 01-18-2007, 04:25 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

That weekend is a no go for me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Going under the knife for a little in and out surgery[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

And I thought my mpg was bad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I just looked at a calendar and 2-19 is pres day. What weekends are you available. and your too young for more surgery. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

If i drove it for more than riding/camping trips I'd be in real trouble. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-18-2007, 04:28 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

I didn't tackle this project this weekend. Finished putting in the new floor, layed down some silicone and fished out a bolt I dropped down the toilet when I was putting in the new toilet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Then to top it off, as I was taking the trailer back to where I store it, it (trailer) decided that it didn't like the tread on one of the "brand new tires"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] and bubbled big time. Fortunately I saw it before it went kaboom!!! The old owner (my friend) came and helped me change the tire out, he said he would have it pro-rated at Big "O" because they are relatively new[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I told him thanks, but no thanks! I didn't want the same type of tire and that I was going to replace all the tires with a true trailer tire not a Big "O" LT tire. I still haven't fixed the damage from the blow out I had during Thanksgiving.
Atleast your staying busy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I just replaced all 4 of the tires on my trailer. One was seperating the tread for about 2 inches. It scared me enough to replace them all. The guy at the tire store said he would sell the other 3 as is used. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

i dont want any trailer damage. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 01-18-2007, 04:34 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Age will do that to you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I would mount a portable winch in the back and use that instead[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] That's how I loaded our quads on to the rack I built.
Yes it will! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I am going to come with something like that when I make the over the bed rack for the F350. Quads on top and dirt bikes in the bed. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel