Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 07:35 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rescuediver

I saw you posting about the Trailtech in the SZ[img][/img] Sounds like a nice unit to have. A little different taking the temp at the spark plug. Does it give you a variance so you can determine what the coolant temp is? Heck for the extra money, I'd go with the Legend Cx unit myself[img][/img]</end quote></div>

That Vapor takes the temp at the spark plug for air cooled units. No coolant to check temp of. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] For water cooled bikes, it has a part that you splice into the coolant lines. My part looks like a copper terminal ring with a thermistor epoxied to it. When you program the unit you tell it what you want for warning and danger levels. Two LEDs light up. They are also used for the tach. One yellow, one red. Temp warnings take precedent over shift lights.

Tach can be inductively coupled (wire wrapped around the spark plug lead like a timing light clips on) or hard wired. I hard wired mine into the lead going to the coil. You then program the unit to sparks / revolution. Generally 1 SPR for both 2 and 4 strokes. It gives you multiple options.

It also has an ambient temp, but that can be misleading if you are just sitting there idling...I know it wasn't 90F outside last weekend. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Just heat coming off the motor.

Yeah, i'm contemplating just doing a BIN for about 170 for a CX. one guy sells a lot on auction, but I don't like his attitude in his responses to neutral or negative feedback. Though his units are going for about 140-190. He has shipping at 14.95 or so, PLUS mandatory insurance which adds about 5 on top of that. I just don't like when people do that. Include everything in there. I'm looking at two, about $5 different. One says it comes with a bike clip (I had the mount still on the bike from the old Venture). The other says nothing about it. The entire mount is about $20. But I only need the battery cover door portion.

I really want a GPS for when I go to Dove Springs in 2 weeks.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 10-25-2007, 07:39 PM
Air Cooled Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

Ugly friggin things. I can't stand 'em.</end quote></div>

Same here. Nothing like ruining a perfectly good truck "BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO FREAKING TASTE!!!!" AARRRGGG</end quote></div>

But I don't like really big lifted trucks. Just screams "I have a small *****." And tires bigger than 35. Even then it's pushing it. But on a PSD you lose so much to the big meats. Rotational masses are HUGE draws on power. Takes 1HP to rotate 7 lbs, or something like that. And they become flywheels when you go to stop, making it harder to stop.

Gotta love the street guys with the lifted trucks, 20" wheels with low profile tires.

Old 10-26-2007, 03:20 AM
Quad Patrol

Same here. Nothing like ruining a perfectly good truck "BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO FREAKING TASTE!!!!" AARRRGGG</end quote></div>

But I don't like really big lifted trucks. Just screams "I have a small *****." And tires bigger than 35. Even then it's pushing it. But on a PSD you lose so much to the big meats. Rotational masses are HUGE draws on power. Takes 1HP to rotate 7 lbs, or something like that. And they become flywheels when you go to stop, making it harder to stop.

Gotta love the street guys with the lifted trucks, 20" wheels with low profile tires.</end quote></div>

We have similar taste[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Anything more than a 4" lift is to much for me and I just don't get it with the 20's and low profiles either. Like you said, you loose so much HP plus when you in the sand, there is no sidewall, so why bother airing down[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 10-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider

Gotta love the street guys with the lifted trucks, 20" wheels with low profile tires.</end quote></div>

We have similar taste[img][/img] Anything more than a 4" lift is to much for me and I just don't get it with the 20's and low profiles either. Like you said, you loose so much HP plus when you in the sand, there is no sidewall, so why bother airing down[img][/img]</end quote></div>
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Because they are pavement pounders and are never off road

Old 10-28-2007, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-29-2007, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider

Got some new BFG's for the Suburban yesterday and I have to make a decision soon. I have the Burb and the mighty PS just sitting in the drive way all the time. One or both need to go. It's pretty nuts to have those nice vehicles just laying around for the couple of times I use them a year.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Might get the wifey something that can pull the trailer and she can drive every day. Ditch the Burb, PS, and her mini van for one vehicle. Kinda makes sense to me.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-29-2007, 09:39 PM
Air Cooled Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Trasher

Got some new BFG's for the Suburban yesterday and I have to make a decision soon. I have the Burb and the mighty PS just sitting in the drive way all the time. One or both need to go. It's pretty nuts to have those nice vehicles just laying around for the couple of times I use them a year.[img][/img][img][/img]

Might get the wifey something that can pull the trailer and she can drive every day. Ditch the Burb, PS, and her mini van for one vehicle. Kinda makes sense to me.[img][/img][img][/img]</end quote></div>

WTF is with people anymore. Sheesh. You could donate the PSD to the BRW Fund. jk

Old 10-30-2007, 01:27 AM
Quad Patrol

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Trasher

Got some new BFG's for the Suburban yesterday and I have to make a decision soon. I have the Burb and the mighty PS just sitting in the drive way all the time. One or both need to go. It's pretty nuts to have those nice vehicles just laying around for the couple of times I use them a year.[img][/img][img][/img]

Might get the wifey something that can pull the trailer and she can drive every day. Ditch the Burb, PS, and her mini van for one vehicle. Kinda makes sense to me.[img][/img][img][/img]</end quote></div>

I have BFG on the truck. They are a good all around tire and exceptional in the sand[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I think when it's all said and done with them, I'll get around 45,000 miles out of them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

In to days day and age, it is hard to just have vehicles sitting to be used only few times a year. Myself, I'd keep the 7.3. It's the best PSD out there, you just can't get a compatible vehicle to replace it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Plus, that's what started this whole thread[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-30-2007, 01:28 AM
Quad Patrol

WTF is with people anymore. Sheesh. You could donate the PSD to the BRW Fund. jk</end quote></div>

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I am sure he'd be more than happy to donate it to the B&RW fund[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Just lay some $$$$ on the table and I am sure it's all yours[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-06-2007, 02:52 AM
Quad Patrol

LJ, you have a PM[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel